AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Fall Out Boy News - Page 100
Displaying posts 1485 - 1500 of 1830.
05:14 PM on 02/04/13
thomas789
User Info.
If they were sellouts, they would have sold out right after Folie. Instead they took a break so that when they released new material, it would be on their terms. To their specifications.

That word is a loaded one anyways. There's so much wrong with the term "selling out".
I agree after reading your post, mabey i'm just biased but i prefer more punk than pop.
05:15 PM on 02/04/13
Jenajena
Jena ≈ Gina.
User Info.
I'm gonna be totally honest: I've never really sat down and listened to any Fall Out Boy. I've always just passed over them or I was exploring some other band. Where do you die hards think I should start?

Honestly, after only knowing maybe four songs from TTTYG and FUCT, I pretty much started out with Infinity on High, because someone gave it to me as a gift when it came out in 07. I was hooked. Then I went back and listened to the older 2 albums. Then I got Folie when it came out.

So maybe just start with infinity on high. That way, when you go back and listen to TTTYG and FUCT, you'll see how they progresse. Then Folie a Deux.
05:16 PM on 02/04/13
jordalsh
twitter.com/Jordalsh
User Info.
In the US it's "#ResponsetoIloveyou"

Twitter is weird. And because I made this post "FOB" just dropped out of the top ten haha
05:19 PM on 02/04/13
Alex26
User Info.
Pretty cool song, not my favorite FOB song for sure, but it's already growing on me! Even though some people seem surprised they had a new record already ready to go, I'm not, I suspected this. This is how you come back from hiatus, good job FOB.
drudo182
You Are Not Alone
User Info.
Going over these posts is just depressing.
njdevils8930
User Info.
The song is good. Makes sense if you look at the pattern of FOB music writing over the last couple of albums.
05:20 PM on 02/04/13
mike_aaron
carpartyband.com
User Info.
I agree after reading your post, mabey i'm just biased but i prefer more punk than pop.
Understandable. I can totally understand not liking this song too. I prefer the more pop-punk side of their material as well. But I still enjoy everything since FUTCT very very much. I just grew up with the other 2 albums, so they hold a special and sweet bias for me.
05:21 PM on 02/04/13
mike_aaron
carpartyband.com
User Info.
In the US it's "#ResponsetoIloveyou"

Twitter is weird. And because I made this post "FOB" just dropped out of the top ten haha
lol
Chris Fallon
Boom.
User Info.
Shocked that Butch Walker had a hand in producing this. His fingerprints aren't on this at all (maybe minus the glam-sounding "I'm on fi-ahhhh" part).

Really dislike the song. I understand the progression from the last album, but I sincerely do not like this song. Patrick's vocals sound incredible, but the rest sounds so haggard and boring.
blindrider529
***NICKEL CREEK*** <--GO LISTEN NOW
User Info.

Thank you. It took me countless hours of expensive, rigorous study at a prestigious university to become so learned in the ways of the top trends box on the left side of Twitter. Glad it's finally paying off.
05:22 PM on 02/04/13
LastDeclaration
mmm tasty
User Info.
I'm gonna be totally honest: I've never really sat down and listened to any Fall Out Boy. I've always just passed over them or I was exploring some other band. Where do you die hards think I should start?
i say FUCT or IOH. FUCT is definitely the better album, but IOH is pretty universally accessible. just do not start with TTTYG - dated and overrated. it will turn you off, guaranteed.
againtocarthage
User Info.
wasnt a big fob fan back in the day...

not a big fan of the song today.

guess ill never get in to these guys.
but im happy for all you fans! :D
dennk018
dennk018
User Info.
Start from the beginning.

Take This to Your Grave
From Under the Cork Tree
Infinity on High
Folie a Duex

No sense starting in between.
05:24 PM on 02/04/13
blindrider529
***NICKEL CREEK*** <--GO LISTEN NOW
User Info.
i say FUCT or IOH. FUCT is definitely the better album, but IOH is pretty universally accessible. just do not start with TTTYG - dated and overrated. it will turn you off, guaranteed.

You're dated and overrated.
05:24 PM on 02/04/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
Shocked that Butch Walker had a hand in producing this. His fingerprints aren't on this at all (maybe minus the glam-sounding "I'm on fi-ahhhh" part).

Really dislike the song. I understand the progression from the last album, but I sincerely do not like this song. Patrick's vocals sound incredible, but the rest sounds so haggard and boring.
Cowrote too.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums