AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

06:42 AM on 02/22/14 
User Info.
georgedcc
Seosan
Male - 23 Years Old
Listened to this today for the first time since like May. The Big Sean and Courtney Love bits are super irritating, but there are some great pop tracks on here. I really liked Young Volcanoes and Save Rock and Roll. As a whole though, the album is extraordinarily shiny and sleek, and I'm not entirely convinced it suits them.
09:50 AM on 06/24/14 
User Info.
georgedcc
Seosan
Male - 23 Years Old
FAD is easily my favorite, just because it's always felt like these guys at their most orchestral and anthemic, which are huge soft spots for me. Nothing gives me chills from this group the way both Disloyal Order or (Coffee) do. I enjoy SRAR more than probably most of you in here, but part of me is bummed that it undercuts the 'swan song' vibe that's so prevalent on the album previous.

Absolutely. My two favourite FOB songs by a big margin. I don't really like Fall Out Boy that much anymore, but those two tracks are wonderful.
09:15 AM on 06/28/14 
User Info.
georgedcc
Seosan
Male - 23 Years Old
Disloyal Buffaloes or Coffees For Closers, personally.

Something from TTTYG for bronze medal. Tell Mick maybe. I think TTTYG is my favourite album of theirs, but the two high points on FAD are a long way better than anything else they've done. I'm a fairly casual fan though.
09:44 AM on 06/28/14 
User Info.
georgedcc
Seosan
Male - 23 Years Old
I find Infinity on High to be fairly un-listenable, because of Pete's lyrics. I had a go listening to it fairly recently, and I couldn't stand it. The lyrics seem to be just a collection of "witty" one liners and shite puns. It was extraordinarily grating.
10:24 AM on 06/28/14 
User Info.
georgedcc
Seosan
Male - 23 Years Old
What's their worst song?

Carpal Tunnel of Love, I reckon. Or I slept with Someone in Fall Out Boy... Or I Don't Care.

One of those three.
10:26 AM on 06/28/14 
User Info.
georgedcc
Seosan
Male - 23 Years Old
What's the song where Pete reads a really shitty poem at the end of it? I think it's on FUCT, I remember that being awful, though I don't think I can recall what the actual song was like.
07:02 AM on 06/29/14 
User Info.
georgedcc
Seosan
Male - 23 Years Old
Been on a bit of a mini FOB kick today because of the conversations in this thread last night. TTTYG isn't as good as I remember it being, there's a lot more filler than I recall. Or more likely, the songs I used to enjoy, I don't enjoy that much anymore. It's still a decent album overall though.

What was that punk-ish EP/album they released last year like? I remember checking out one track and it sounding very Lifetime or Kid Dynamite-esque, but I never bothered with the whole thing. Worth hearing?

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos