Won't let me scroll down to read it.
09:32 AM on 04/25/13 
User Info.
tottivillarossi
these pretzels are makin me thirsty
West Midlands, UK
Male - 24 Years Old
Won't let me scroll down to read it.
It's a site problem. Are you using IE by any chance?
09:38 AM on 04/25/13 
User Info.
JulieLynn
Let's Be Alone Together
Marlborough, MA
Female - 30 Years Old
It's a site problem. Are you using IE by any chance?

No idea what work uses. I'll just wait till i got home. I got the afternoon off.
09:50 AM on 04/25/13 
User Info.
AgainstTheCurrent
Paranoid Humanoid.
OH/NYC
Male - 20 Years Old
I have been an extreme hater of Young Volcanoes, but I have changed my ways. Something just clicked and now I can't get it out of my head. thoroughly enjoyable, positive tune.

I'm in this boat.
10:29 AM on 04/25/13 
User Info.
Wesley92
This isn't even my final form
Netherlands
Male - 22 Years Old
First time posting here after like four years lurking lol.

But about the album, I love it. After hearing "My Songs...", I knew they were going for a more radio-ready sound for this record. As pop radio doesn't really play real rock music anymore, I knew this album was more about the melodies and the vocals and a bit less about the guitars. There are still guitars of course, as you can hear them in every song clearly. They never were a "real" (for lack of a better word) rock band with great guitar solo's in every song. Nothing wrong with that. Don't know why people are bitching about that. But then again they're probably also the ones who take the album title seriously so whatever. I'll just keep blasting this album until the next album, which hopefully doesn't take like four years.
11:51 PM on 04/28/13 
User Info.
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
Southern California
Male - 26 Years Old
it kinda bums me out how Hurley's drumming on the whole album could easily be replaced by a session drummer, no problem. He really doesn't shine at all other than slightly on Alone Together and Rat A Tat.
11:57 PM on 04/28/13 
User Info.
Star Slight
Bang "Alone Together" and "Young Volcanoes" in the car. rest has been forgotten
12:11 AM on 04/29/13 
User Info.
irthesteve
Southern California
Male - 26 Years Old
Why shit talk session drummers? They're usually better than most "band" drummers.

maybe that came out wrong. I feel like Andy Hurley's drumming on this record, compared to any other FOB record, is very straightforward and unimaginative. I know it's just the way the music is this time around, but I can't help but feel like he sounds bored
12:33 AM on 04/29/13 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Your mouth to God's south.
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 23 Years Old
I'm also incredibly disappointed by the drumming on this; really the only aspect of the album that lets me down at all. I know, I know, you can argue a case that these types of songs didn't need a master class in syncopation and polyrhythms, but Folie a Deux is almost equally poppy in parts, and Andy still found ways to cram interesting fills into said parts; the final chorus of '(Coffee's For Closers)' and the last bit of the choruses of '20 Dollar Nose Bleed' spring to mind immediately. Just wish we got even a handful of those types of moments on this album. Them not being on there doesn't take away from the songs in the slightest, so I'm not really complaining, I just think they could've been the cherry on top of what's already a great record.
01:34 AM on 04/29/13 
User Info.
irthesteve
Southern California
Male - 26 Years Old
From the interviews I think he loved the writing process and the extra stuff he did this time.
Well good, as long as he's happy.

That being said, this album as a whole isn't quite clicking sadly
05:00 AM on 04/29/13 
User Info.
Chemical Love
-
Boston
Male - 29 Years Old
I can't get into this, but I didn't like their last album either. There's a couple catchy songs but that's really it.
06:20 AM on 04/29/13 
User Info.
mbao
I'm on the up and up.
Philippines
Male
I'm also incredibly disappointed by the drumming on this; really the only aspect of the album that lets me down at all. I know, I know, you can argue a case that these types of songs didn't need a master class in syncopation and polyrhythms, but Folie a Deux is almost equally poppy in parts, and Andy still found ways to cram interesting fills into said parts; the final chorus of '(Coffee's For Closers)' and the last bit of the choruses of '20 Dollar Nose Bleed' spring to mind immediately. Just wish we got even a handful of those types of moments on this album. Them not being on there doesn't take away from the songs in the slightest, so I'm not really complaining, I just think they could've been the cherry on top of what's already a great record.
I agree. Patrick obviously shines a lot, and Pete's lyrics and even bass have some moments. I can hear Joe's guitar pretty often too. But I miss Andy's drumming. Also, as much as they emphasized it, I hardly ever notice Andy's backing vocals either.

Oh well. Maybe he can kick it up a notch during live performances.
10:10 AM on 04/29/13 
User Info.
JulieLynn
Let's Be Alone Together
Marlborough, MA
Female - 30 Years Old
I've now had this album since the week before it came out and I listen to it about 2 times, maybe 3 times a day.

I am really happy that I love it so much. Not sure if I'll ever get sick of it. Its just too freaking good.
10:34 AM on 04/29/13 
User Info.
irthesteve
Southern California
Male - 26 Years Old
Elton seriously rocks his part though, dude is a champ and sounds amazing
04:09 PM on 05/01/13 
User Info.
SpyKi
This Charming Man
England
Male - 23 Years Old
I wish I liked this as much as I was hoping to, I like it but none of the songs really stand out to me as anything great, "The Phoenix" is probably the closest but it still doesn't touch a lot of the stuff on Folie for me. I guess they'll just never be a band I really love.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos