Username
Password

11:18 AM on 04/08/13 
User Info.
FueledByFrodo
@alexndr_the_gr9
Newark, DE
Male - 19 Years Old
The Big Sean feature was much better than I expected since I'm not a big an of his, but I thought it was really fun
11:20 AM on 04/08/13 
User Info.
Qadriyyah
Yeah, that girl...
Philadelphia
Female - 24 Years Old
holy fuck i am loving every single song

i'm going to burst into tears, actually, i'm crying right now

My thoughts exactly.

I'm seeing them for the first time in September. I'm probably going to be crying the whole night. It'll be a religious experience.
11:21 AM on 04/08/13 
User Info.
Keele
Registered Member
No Avatar Selected
I see what you're saying, but I'd also argue there is some of that on here as well.

I think some of these songs could haven't totally went that way. I think Rat a Tat without Courtney and some of that other business could have been that song the most. Like I said, wish Neal Avron did this. Wish they embraced a bit more of their past and sounded more like a four piece. Wish they picked different guests (although I can appreciate Elton's appearance).

There's always the next album.
11:28 AM on 04/08/13 
User Info.
indecipherable
indecipherable
Midwest
Male - 26 Years Old
guess i found my "sing along off-key while driving" record for the summer
11:29 AM on 04/08/13 
User Info.
MattRM
She didn't turn out to be that cool
Oxford, OH
Male - 22 Years Old
I think some of these songs could haven't totally went that way. I think Rat a Tat without Courtney and some of that other business could have been that song the most. Like I said, wish Neal Avron did this. Wish they embraced a bit more of their past and sounded more like a four piece. Wish they picked different guests (although I can appreciate Elton's appearance).

There's always the next album.
It must be really hard to appreciate music when you fault the band for not following your own personal wishes.
11:44 AM on 04/08/13 
User Info.
indecipherable
indecipherable
Midwest
Male - 26 Years Old
think any of these songs will end up on radio? like i never expected fun. to have huge radio hits so who knows what will happen with fob.
11:50 AM on 04/08/13 
User Info.
RobbieBerns
The Last Airbender
Raleigh, NC
Male - 19 Years Old
I'd be surprised if Alone Together doesn't get at least moderate air time.
User Info.
Keele
Registered Member
No Avatar Selected
It must be really hard to appreciate music when you fault the band for not following your own personal wishes.

Fall Out Boy makes a product for sale. I don't expect them to come to me for advice, but that doesn't mean I can't have hopes for what it will be. I also have been listening to this band since 2003 so there is a certain expectation that comes along with a band. Also, they had worked with Neal Avron on their last three albums which helped catapult them into the success story they've become in the mainstream. Why can't I have wished he was involved in this one because I liked what he did with their sound (yes, they worked with Butch on some previous tracks and pharell for a track).

I am glad Fall Out Boy is back. I give these guys a lot of credit for how they've presented this album. It just doesn't click with me. As I said, this is sort of what I had expected from Patricks solo album, not Fall Out Boy. It is ok for artists to work on or with other artists on different projects that have different sounds (like Manchester Orchestra and Bad Books, or Brian and Ian (with contributions fromAlex) doing The Gaslight Anthem and The Horrible Crowes).
User Info.
i like apples
Kyle Max
New York City
Male
Nearly all of these songs could be marketed to radio if given the time of day. Each song encompasses a different trait standard in Top 40 radio, except done much much better.
11:52 AM on 04/08/13 
User Info.
JulieLynn
Let's Be Alone Together
Westborough, MA
Female - 30 Years Old
Nearly all of these songs could be marketed to radio if given the time of day. Each song encompasses a different trait standard in Top 40 radio, except done much much better.

This.
11:53 AM on 04/08/13 
User Info.
eriatarka24
=^.^=
Honestly the album could have done without Courtney Love and Big Sean. I felt that Foxes and Elton John added a lot to each of their songs.
agreed 100% i personally found both Courtney + Big Sean's parts awkward, esp. with Big Sean, feels misplaced and I do not see what the point of his verse was or how it really related to the song. I'm going to have to make a comparison here - at least with a song like "Everybody Breaks a Glass" by LIGHTS, Shad's feature actually made sense in relation to the song - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEBLCoNVwds Features for the sake of features annoy me.

other than that, i have no complaints at all.
11:57 AM on 04/08/13 
User Info.
cscwell107
You Will Always Have My Attention
Akron, Oh
Male - 23 Years Old
Thought this was ok on first listen but I really like it on the second listen
12:02 PM on 04/08/13 
User Info.
Jake Jenkins
~
St. Louis, MO
Male - 21 Years Old
Staff Member
listened this morning before class; still resonating with me hours later. can't wait to fully dive in and start working on my review (for sanctuary).
12:05 PM on 04/08/13 
User Info.
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
Staff Member
Middle tracks feel a lot better on second and third listens.
12:09 PM on 04/08/13 
User Info.
SlappedActor
Tread lightly.
How does Big Sean keep getting work? Outside of his verse on "See Me Now," everything I've ever heard from him has been mediocre at best, shitty at worst.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS
Mobile Version
Banners, Flyers, Widgets