Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 142
05:06 PM on 02/05/13
Sleeping@Last
User Info.
Hello Ryan! How are you?

I was hoping maybe you could answer a question for me, maybe...

I was so curious as to know what All This To Say was about... because its my motivation for writing, I have such a big love for writing and journaling when I listen to it, that's the vibe I get off from the song. I really wanted to know what the inspiration was for it.. its the first song I ever hear from you that made me a fan of you and is still my favorite song from you today.

Oh and do you know at all when you might be going on tour again?

God bless you Ryan, you'll always be my favorite singer.
-Ariel Cerbus
thanks, ariel! it's definitely about writing.. it's about the role of writing and creating plays in our lives. how important those elements of being human are.

that's pretty vague, i know... but i hope it gives at least a little inside into the theme there!
05:07 PM on 02/05/13
Datywhit
User Info.
Ryan,

What is the story behind "Woodwork" ?
05:09 PM on 02/05/13
losemyself4good
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
What is your favorite EP from the Yearbook project?
yes, this^^
05:09 PM on 02/05/13
Sleeping@Last
User Info.
Hello Ryan :)

I am curious to know what your inspiration was for Overture. It is the one song on the new EP that really speaks to me.
I've been a fan of your music for quite a while and it am so glad it is part of the soundtrack of my life. thank you :)
firstly, thanks so much! that means a lot to hear that you like that one. when i started this "atlas" concept, i knew right off the bat that i wanted to have 1 song that could kind of sum up the concept of the project. the preface. so the heart of this song is definitely in the lyric "the universe began with our eyes closed" which to me means, that there is so much mystery involved in the beginning of all things that matter. it also points out our lack of knowledge in subjects so huge.

one fun side note... i incorporated a hint of each of this year's ep themes in the lyrics to "overture".... obviously "darkness" is mentioned, and so is "light" (the next ep) and the remaining 4 eps are referenced in there too. :)
05:10 PM on 02/05/13
Fuse And Ammo
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
First off, I'm a huge fan of your work!

I was wondering a few things:

1. Who's your dream artist to collaborate with?

2. Are you collaborating with any other artists right now besides the amazing Jon Foreman?

3. Are you looking to release Atlas in vinyl form at any point as you go along?

Thanks so much, your music is incredible!
Sleeping@Last
User Info.
hey ryan! i was wondering, do you had an all-time favorite band of your own? i mean, im sure you do, haha. top 3 maybe?
top 3! radiohead.... joanna newsom... and maybe, bjork!
ashleyfletcher
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
You have changed my life through your music. I love print out all your lyrics and read it like poetry. Thank you and God bless!
05:11 PM on 02/05/13
Sleeping@Last
User Info.
What is your favorite EP from the Yearbook project?
i know it's lame to say it's too hard to choose, but i have a connection with each of those songs, as they are so tied to the months that they were written in.. but... if i had to choose, i might say "october" since it has grown into some neat opportunities for my music, and is the beginning of such an intense year!
a nice person
Copeland fan level: Lotus bundle
User Info.
If you could have one of your songs featured on any current television show, what show would it be?
Sleeping@Last
User Info.
I just need to say that your music is absolutely wonderful. Breathtakingly beautiful.
thank you so much for that!! honored.
Atlas1212
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Thank you Ryan!! I really appreciate it. =)

And hey when you go back on tour.. there's a very lovely young lady named Leyla from Germany who will be flying to the United States just to see you, she's a very big fan of you.

And hey, consider touring with Jars of Clay again because that Pittsburgh show last October was the absolute most perfect concert ever.. my favorite band and singer in one night. No words to even try and describe it. The smile never left my face.

God bless you.. I'm honored to have your music in my life.
05:13 PM on 02/05/13
Sleeping@Last
User Info.
Ryan,

What is the story behind "Woodwork" ?
well, the ep is called "darkness" so i wanted to explore all sorts of variations of what "darkness" means. in "woodwork" i wanted to tell the story of someone who experiences the very edge of life. a near death sort of thing.. in this case, a car wreck. a long time ago i had this weird thought that when we get into accidents, i wonder if the music that we were listening to still plays on the stereo. so that image was sort of the catalyst for the song. all of these huge, disastrous things are happening during a wreck, that i liked the idea of focusing in on these very small sounds. heartbeat.. breathing... music.
05:16 PM on 02/05/13
Sleeping@Last
User Info.
First off, I'm a huge fan of your work!

I was wondering a few things:

1. Who's your dream artist to collaborate with?

2. Are you collaborating with any other artists right now besides the amazing Jon Foreman?

3. Are you looking to release Atlas in vinyl form at any point as you go along?

Thanks so much, your music is incredible!
great questions!! if i could colab with anyone in the world... hmm... alive? paul mccartney. as for who i'm working with lately... matt hales of aqualung and i have been working a little bit here and there on some things. mariah mcmanus and i as well. jon foreman on his upcoming solo record. and a few other film score thing here and there! as for atlas on vinyl.. i have some ideas. :)
05:16 PM on 02/05/13
Sleeping@Last
User Info.
You have changed my life through your music. I love print out all your lyrics and read it like poetry. Thank you and God bless!
wow, thank you SO much!! that's incredibly encouraging. :)
05:17 PM on 02/05/13
Sleeping@Last
User Info.
If you could have one of your songs featured on any current television show, what show would it be?
oh man, that's a tough one! maybe mad men! or... the new arrested development!! (which would make no sense, but whatever!)

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos