AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Record Sales News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Album Sales Round-Up: Week of February 6th, 2013

Posted by - 12:11 PM on 02/06/13
Justin Bieber has scored his fifth number one album (211,000 sold) and, obviously, debuts at number one this week. Andrea Bocelli is in at number two with 94,000 sold, and Tegan and Sara moved roughly 49,000 units to come in at number three. Overall album sales totaled 5.24 million units, up 7% compared compared to last week, and down 10% compared to last year. Year to date album sales stand at 26.49 million, down 2% compared to the same total at this point last year. Some other notable sales from the past week can be found below.

Album and Single SalesMumford & Sons - Babel (36,000)
Bruno Mars - Unorthodox Jukebox (37,000)
The Lumineers - Self-Titled (32,000)
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis - "Thrift Shop" (381,000)
The Lumineers - "Ho Hey" (118,000)
Local Natives - Hummingbord (21,000)
Mackelmoore and Ryan Lewis - The Heist (19,820)
fun. - Some Nights (16,150)
Hatebreed - Divinity of Purpose (16,311)
Muse - 2nd Law (8,666)
Of Monsters and Men - My Head is an Animal (11,690)
Adele - 21 (16,177)
Imagine Dragons - Night Vision (16,133)

These numbers come from a combination of Hits, Billboard, and when we can find them SoundScan itself.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 57
12:15 PM on 02/06/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
Trying this out this week to see how it does and what people think of it ... will make adjustments and whatnot going forward.
12:15 PM on 02/06/13
Manufactured Dreams
Fabricated Revolution
User Info.
Way to go Beibs and T&S! Two quality albums.
12:16 PM on 02/06/13
Manufactured Dreams
Fabricated Revolution
User Info.
Trying this out this week to see how it does and what people think of it ... will make adjustments and whatnot going forward.
I dig it.
12:19 PM on 02/06/13
Andy43110
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I like it.

Also, it's crazy that Adele is still selling so many CDs when it came out 2 years ago
12:28 PM on 02/06/13
NorthstarPark
Jiggin'
User Info.
My friends think it's nerdy but I love reading about this, so thank you for doing this.
12:29 PM on 02/06/13
jamestownstory
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Thanks for posting this Jason! Always great to see who's doing well as far as sales go.
12:31 PM on 02/06/13
iseejosh
Registered Member
User Info.
awesome addition. i always search for sales numbers weekly. but this makes it convenient, thanks.
12:32 PM on 02/06/13
iseejosh
Registered Member
User Info.
Bieber could shit and put it out and still go number 1 and then release an acoustic version of that shit and hit number 1 again.
12:35 PM on 02/06/13
jpepe
User Info.
Keep this up, easy access to some sales numbers we care about. Congrats to Tegan & Sara, they deserve it. Also props to Local Natives for releasing an amazing record this week. 21k is a strong opening week for an indie, it'll continue to sell well with their rigorous touring schedule this Spring and Summer
cowlord
( \_(ツ)_/)
User Info.
16k is not that much for Adele I'm sure, but it has already sold so much and has been out for a while. I don't even think they play those songs on the radio anymore. Never stops blowing my mind.
EmoPunkKid28
User Info.
You used to do this in the past as well, I believe? I always enjoyed it.

One thing I might add if I could? Total album sales since the album has been released. Just a suggestion! I'm always curious how much fun. and other acts have sold so far...
12:36 PM on 02/06/13
dhayes
User Info.
Bieber could shit and put it out and still go number 1 and then release an acoustic version of that shit and hit number 1 again.

I thought that's what he's been doing all along.
12:37 PM on 02/06/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
You used to do this in the past as well, I believe? I always enjoyed it.

One thing I might add if I could? Total album sales since the album has been released. Just a suggestion! I'm always curious how much fun. and other acts have sold so far...
I did -- when I had more thorough access to SoundScan data, I don't have that any more (and got yelled at by Neilsen for posting too much info). I'll keep an eye out for that kind of information ... but it's more difficult to come by unless you know someone that can look it all up for you.
12:39 PM on 02/06/13
fourtoday
User Info.
contributed to the local natives number, feels good

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News