Holly HoX!
User Info.
Lmao. You front-pagers are fiesty.

"front pagers"

Hey sean
01:02 PM on 02/06/13
Holly HoX!
User Info.
he didn't meltdown. He just didn't agree with a few things on the site. It's something I don't really want to talk about haha

I just have 2 kno
01:06 PM on 02/06/13
Holly HoX!
User Info.

Yeah dude. Where you creepin nowadays. Dont see you much but i kno you're here.
01:15 PM on 02/06/13
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Haha, in the cut man. I just hang around a couple threads, shake my head at the rest. Can't deal with the idiocy and type out huge responses as to why so-and-so is a moron and then don't post it, mostly. Gets out my aggression without upsetting anyone. Win/win. I can't handle being told I dislike things because it's cool to and that's the majority of arguments. I'm rambling. Go T'Wolves.

Haha i hear ya. Go wolves indeed - minus Love.

I'm gonna have to pop in some film threads and get some recs from you again.
07:10 AM on 02/07/13
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Honestly, SS you would shit if you saw what used to happen a few years ago.

I was so happy when Ian started reviewing - still don't know what happened to that dude - and then Dre came along.

But let's be real, there are hip hop blogs that you can follow. I do. I'm not gonna try to convince some kid in a pop punk thread that they're a fucking idiot because of their opinion of hip hop amd then proceed to tell them to go get a copy of Low End Theory. I don't expect any of these changes to be made. There are maybe 6 users I can trust about hip hop on this site - almost all of whom were commenting in this thread.

Would love to see some old music features tho that don't include The Boss.
07:20 AM on 02/07/13
Holly HoX!
User Info.
I'm just saying there is a pretty clear, defining shift.

I completely agree with you about the influence staff can have tho. You have kids coming out of the pop punk woodwork because Jason was all about POS. I never ever thought - especially being from Minneapolis - that I'd see Stef or Doomtree getting the coverage they have had on this site in the last couple years. I should say that it was probably Eda more than Jason pushing them in the end.
07:26 AM on 02/07/13
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Ive never even been in there.

And i still kinda hate you for not quoting.
07:31 AM on 02/07/13
Holly HoX!
User Info.
oh yeah and i wish kidinthebushes was banned already
07:39 AM on 02/07/13
Holly HoX!
User Info.
There are literally ten users who i see posting about hip hop regularly, who actually know what they're talking about and aren't trying to clog shit up ie Who Is Ryan? and Qud.
07:42 AM on 02/07/13
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Kinda the point of my first paragraph Holly.

I know Thomas and i agree
07:43 AM on 02/07/13
Holly HoX!
User Info.
You aren't going to get a hip hop blogger to write for a site called absolutepunk tho. They'd dash their cred. Overall, no matter who you have come in to write, it'd be hard to pull in new hip hop readers to this site. So is the end goal to expand the opinions of the users already here or to pull in first timers to ths site?
07:46 AM on 02/07/13
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Probably one of the reasons why Jason regrets picking a phone-book name when he was a teenager haha.

Haha i know he regrets the name every day
07:47 AM on 02/07/13
Holly HoX!
User Info.

ALL GOLD IN MY CHAIN
ALL GOLD IN MY RANG
07:57 AM on 02/07/13
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Gotta be honest, I am a little afraid that there's a "glass ceiling" so to speak in terms of how far this site can penetrate the mainstream due to the name. I mean, I'm not advocating a name change necessarily (what I think matters none anyway) since the name recognition the sWwwite does have can't be taken for granted, but there's a limit I think to how many people are willing to legitimately recognize a site called AbsolutePunk as a source of music news and criticism.

Which is too bad, but that's just the way it is.

I'm not gonna speculate because i dont know, but I'm pretty sure that's why the new site is getting held up.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests