Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 14 posts.
12:29 PM on 02/06/13
deadkidsean
__
User Info.
I wish I had reviewing interests. I love to write and think I'm a good writer, but have no enthusiasm toward being a critic.

Good luck to the applicants! Hope whoever is selected is passionate.
12:36 PM on 02/06/13
deadkidsean
__
User Info.

May give it a shot, still. What is the vision for something like number of reviews per month, news posts per day, etc.? I know there's probably no minimum or maximum requirements, but more what you had in mind as Senior Editor. You can PM me if that'd be better.
12:54 PM on 02/06/13
deadkidsean
__
User Info.
really looking for someone to cover the bigger hip hop releases as well as up and coming artists, a good mixture, maybe 4-6 reviews a month depending on what's releasing. I'm more concerned about the review part, if they find enough time to post hip hop news that's great too.
Gotcha. I'll think on it man, it means a lot knowing you want me to be interested, ha.

former staffer who got fired after he had a meltdown.
Unfair.
12:58 PM on 02/06/13
deadkidsean
__
User Info.
I wasn't asking for an opinion on the matter, I was clarifying who he was. He pissed off the boss enough that he got fired. End of story.

Lmao. You front-pagers are fiesty.

EDIT: Post deleted. Nice.
01:04 PM on 02/06/13
deadkidsean
__
User Info.
"front pagers"

Hey sean

My mans! Been well?
01:11 PM on 02/06/13
deadkidsean
__
User Info.
Yeah dude. Where you creepin nowadays. Dont see you much but i kno you're here.

Haha, in the cut man. I just hang around a couple threads, shake my head at the rest. Can't deal with the idiocy and type out huge responses as to why so-and-so is a moron and then don't post it, mostly. Gets out my aggression without upsetting anyone. Win/win. I can't handle being told I dislike things because it's cool to and that's the majority of arguments. I'm rambling. Go T'Wolves.
01:16 PM on 02/06/13
deadkidsean
__
User Info.
Haha i hear ya. Go wolves indeed - minus Love.

I'm gonna have to pop in some film threads and get some recs from you again.

Anytime dude.
05:47 PM on 02/06/13
deadkidsean
__
User Info.
Nothing has ever changed without trying. This is exactly like the short, useless discussion of homophobia in rap that took place earlier this week. Just because, in your (very possible, very valid) opinion, things won't change, doesn't mean the site should give up all hope. Every major movement this world has ever seen has been opposed. Staunchly. This is that on a very small scale, but the same idea applies. We need AP.net's Rosa Parks. "I met a gypsy and she hipped me to some life game."
05:49 PM on 02/06/13
deadkidsean
__
User Info.
I agree as far as the newsposts, I don't think that anything bad can come of that except from idiots commenting on them, but that can be fun too.

I just am too pessimistic in this regard to believe that this site will ever foster a general yearning to branch out into other genres of music, both because of the name, general age/viewpoints of the average newsposter and the outlook of some of the staff

You can apply that to every genre. I bet if you looked at it percentage-wise, there's more negativity and stupidity in your standard *insert AP.net band* thread than a rap thread or review. Because people that don't fuck with rap, for the most part, don't even go into those threads. Of course there will be a few that stick out that are always beating the drum that rap sucks, but it's mostly rap fans in those threads.
05:51 PM on 02/06/13
deadkidsean
__
User Info.
if you would have been a member on this site in 2004 to 2006 and even early 2007, you wouldn't be saying this.
Truth.
06:08 PM on 02/06/13
deadkidsean
__
User Info.
and Drews gotta be all like dude you're negative

mannnn I'm a revolution
You are pretty negative, lol. And that's coming from me.
06:13 PM on 02/06/13
deadkidsean
__
User Info.
In which sense? The sense that I'm extremely unhappy with the way the site's run and how others perceive it and how discussion and cliques all that stuff happens? Yeah I don't like that

And I'll press some buttons if I feel like stirring a conversation, like I did in here.

But overall I'm pretty positive. I'm a happy dude, I like mostly everything that I take time to listen to or watch or read.
But why can't you just let it roll of your back? It's clear you don't really care. And you want to press buttons. It takes effort to do shit like that. If you were a happy dude and like most things then what in you wants to rile people like Drew up? Not saying that you shouldn't – I could give a fuck – but when you express dissenting opinion toward things like the way the site is ran and do it to get attention, it isn't helping. You could take the glass half full approach and offer suggestions like you did in the latter half of this discussion instead of just slamming what you feel isn't right.
08:21 PM on 02/06/13
deadkidsean
__
User Info.
Rap and hip hop are NOT interchangeable.
07:45 AM on 02/07/13
deadkidsean
__
User Info.
Rap.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music