Username
Password

Comments: Page 11
Displaying posts 150 - 165 of 261
06:40 PM on 02/06/13
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
I think a lot of it stems from my previous discussions on this site when I was more negative and more into making people mad.

I posted my thoughts in here without the intention to rile up Drew, that just happened by byproduct and actually worked into what I jokingly told incognito I was going to do.

EDIT:
And yeah I mean I could be nice and present my opinions in a less abrasive manner, but when was the last time I had a discussion on this site with a staff member and they didn't say something even more obnoxious or abrasive than anything I've said in these posts?

It's part of the culture of the site that needs to change from the top down. You couldn't have a nice or civil discussion about TDKR without being told to not have children

I'm more than interested in having civil discussions. You're the one, jokinly or not, you took a shot at me. If you were less abrasive, I wouldn't have said you are so negative. It always goes in circles. You jokingly or not shit all over the place and I don't appreciate it.

and the fact that some places can't have civil discussions is because so many people pick and prod at what Jason or Thomas or I say that sometimes they lash out. I know a bunch of people were just rehasing arguments to get under Jason's skin, and while that may not bother most regular users here, Jason and I (and others) get numerous "attacks" from people trying to riles us up that yes we're gonna snap sometimes and not be civil.
06:46 PM on 02/06/13
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
it's just annoying when someone comes into a thread where I'm trying to generate a positive change, something many users have been clamoring for, and then you or whomever come and in and says "I don't read reviews, this isn't going to change anything, everything sucks etc etc" and it's insulting and non-productive.

If someone was like that when you made your hip hop in the classroom thread and was just shitting on it and saying they don't care what you do but just hanging in the thread to rile you up, you'd probably react in a similar matter. It isn't fun. It's fine if you disagree with it or think it won't change anything, but we don't need 20 posts from you discussing it ad nauseum
06:49 PM on 02/06/13
Star Slight
User Info.
to the bolded part: the point is that the site's users outlook on hip hop was a lot worse than it is today, if you'd be around back then, you probably wouldn't have the same thoughts you currently have.

as far as discussion threads and the new "countdown" thing, I have hip-hop related themes for those planned, it's all in the works.

I don't think that would change my opinion on what I feel the strongest about, at all.

I'm more than interested in having civil discussions. You're the one, jokinly or not, you took a shot at me. If you were less abrasive, I wouldn't have said you are so negative. It always goes in circles. You jokingly or not shit all over the place and I don't appreciate it.

and the fact that some places can't have civil discussions is because so many people pick and prod at what Jason or Thomas or I say that sometimes they lash out. I know a bunch of people were just rehasing arguments to get under Jason's skin, and while that may not bother most regular users here, Jason and I (and others) get numerous "attacks" from people trying to riles us up that yes we're gonna snap sometimes and not be civil.

I don't think there were any shots aimed directly at you other than saying that they'd be a better reviewer than you.

I'll admit that I'm harsh on the staff here because I think that they need to be the ones to foster the discussion rather than snapping at dudes voicing their opinion in a thread.

I think the general outlook on the site needs to change. Staffers should encourage discussion rather than mocking opinions or taking the weird approach that Tate does to arguments.
And I think that the users who frequent the site need to do the same, including myself.
The idea that every conversation on the website has to be an argument with gang mentality or us vs. them or me vs. you should stop

That's not to say that I'm going to bite my tongue or not argue with anyone. I can just do it in a more discussion based way like what happened in the latter part of this conversation
06:51 PM on 02/06/13
Star Slight
User Info.
Unless of course I wanna be a jerk then I'll do whatever I want this is all subject to change effective immediately
06:55 PM on 02/06/13
Star Slight
User Info.
Like how you gonna have an open minded site when this happens?
06:59 PM on 02/06/13
Theseventhson
User Info.
Like how you gonna have an open minded site when this happens?
WOWOWOWOWOWOW
07:00 PM on 02/06/13
blackmold
Bro
User Info.
I'll just get the overused joke out of the way so this thread can be productive.

"I thought this was absolutePUNK.net not absoluteRAP.net"

The genre's called hip-hop not rap get it right okay.
07:00 PM on 02/06/13
blackmold
Bro
User Info.
This news post has way too many replies.
07:01 PM on 02/06/13
Star Slight
User Info.
I listen to Preston and Steve in the mornings and they were talking about Beyonce and how they liked it even though it wasn't really their thing (even though they were like oh man I would've hated it if Jay Z came out that's trash) and they had people call in and they were definitely all racist old white dudes being like "Get that crap off TV we need someone like Tom Petty to come back and ROCK the arena" and "She was just up there makin noises that wasn't music"
07:02 PM on 02/06/13
georgedcc
User Info.
We should do what I said, because the more I think about it, the more convinced I am that it'd be ace.
07:03 PM on 02/06/13
Star Slight
User Info.
Also I agree with George's post and have been saying that for a while

But yeah more talk about "underrated classics" or "Best albums by gabe saporta and his lablemates made in 02-05"

The problem, George, is that the only staff member that knowledgeable is Craig (El Jefe) and he can't do them all.
07:04 PM on 02/06/13
Theseventhson
User Info.
I listen to Preston and Steve in the mornings and they were talking about Beyonce and how they liked it even though it wasn't really their thing (even though they were like oh man I would've hated it if Jay Z came out that's trash) and they had people call in and they were definitely all racist old white dudes being like "Get that crap off TV we need someone like Tom Petty to come back and ROCK the arena" and "She was just up there makin noises that wasn't music"
Dude I was listening to WIP early on Sunday and they were just sitting around going saying the same shit.
07:06 PM on 02/06/13
georgedcc
User Info.
Also I agree with George's post and have been saying that for a while

But yeah more talk about "underrated classics" or "Best albums by gabe saporta and his lablemates made in 02-05"

The problem, George, is that the only staff member that knowledgeable is Craig (El Jefe) and he can't do them all.
Kyle would do it alright, I reckon, as would Craig Manning. But yeah, you're right that is a bit of a problem.

I don't really have a solution to that, other than hire better staff. Or get users to do it maybe? Could work, but I reckon it wouldn't generate as much interest that way.

I dunno.
07:08 PM on 02/06/13
Star Slight
User Info.
Dude I was listening to WIP early on Sunday and they were just sitting around going saying the same shit.

Keep in mind the listers most likely listen to like Three Days Grace and Hinder and this

Kyle would do it alright, I reckon. But yeah, you're right that is a bit of a problem.

I don't really have a solution to that, other than hire better staff. Or get users to do it maybe? Could work, but I reckon it wouldn't generate as much interest that way.

I dunno.

Oh yeah duh, Kyle.
I'd say hire better staff is the better option
07:11 PM on 02/06/13
Theseventhson
User Info.
Keep in mind the listers most likely listen to like Three Days Grace and Hinder and this

Yeah, they've been trying to discuss more than just sports recently and unsurprisingly they're clueless about literature or music or movies. Just tell me how much you hate Andy Reid and stick to it.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos