Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 2 posts.
11:12 AM on 02/07/13
lordchamberlain
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
good read but nothing revelatory or unique. demand for vinyl will eventually decrease when the people who collect vinyl but don't own a record player will wonder what the fuck they're doing, and i think flipping will deter those types of collectors first. anyway, as demand decreases, so will secondhand prices. i would give it a couple (or few) more years for the trendy aspect of collecting to die down and we'll see sales/price drops.
12:30 PM on 02/07/13
lordchamberlain
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Hot Topic needs to really be blamed, mainly for being so careless and letting people buy multiple copies at once.
and hot cash, during which they only recently pulled their vinyl stock so people don't grab a shit ton of vinyl for basically half price.

also, bands are probably more likely to press multiple variants because people are more likely to buy multiple copies of the same album on different colors on top of those who already just want to buy one copy on black -- thus, higher sales. the unlimited runs of black vinyl don't entice the collectors quite the same way. the band has no control over resale, but i'm sure it certainly sells more with several variants.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests