AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review
Hint: Follow a reviewer to be notified when they post reviews.
Knuckle Puck - Don't Come Home Album Cover
Author's Rating
Vocals 8.75
Musicianship 8
Lyrics 8.75
Production 8.5
Creativity 7.75
Lasting Value 9
Reviewer Tilt 9.5
Final Verdict: 86%
Member Ratings
Vocals 6.13
Musicianship 6
Lyrics 6.75
Production 6.13
Creativity 5.88
Lasting Value 6.5
Reviewer Tilt 6.5
Average: 63%
Inside AP.net

Knuckle Puck - Don't Come Home

Reviewed by: hometownblues_ (02/08/13)
Knuckle Puck - Don't Come Home
Record Label: Unsigned
Release Date: 30th October 2012

This is one of those bands. One of those bands you discover through word of mouth and decide to give them a go. One of those bands you instantly fall in love with. One of those bands you constantly tell your friends to listen to so they can feel the same joy you do when hearing those songs. Knuckle Puck formed in April 2011. Riding on the wave of pop-punk/hardcore bands (a-la-The Story So Far), the Chicago-based outfit released a four-track EP Don’t Come Home on 30th October 2012 on unsigned band-haven “Bandcamp.com” for absolutely free. And let me tell you, it’s a corker.

From the first jingle of guitars in EP opener “Give Up”, the song doesn’t let up. It’s a fast & furious track, holding together the rapid drums and powerful vocals to create something brilliant that holds you in place until the very end of the playlist. If you weren’t already impressed, then second track “Stuck” will surely grab your attention. The song displays the bouncing rhythm inside a true pop-punk chorus that’s been missing from the majority of bands for the past seven years. The harmonic vocals playing back-up (woooooah-wooah-woah-woah) are insanely catchy and are guaranteed to stick in your head until the end of next week. Plus, the second verse proves these boys’ mettle, with gang-vocals so huge that they could rival Four Year Strong in that department (yes, I did just say that).

Next track is “Woodwork”. The crunching riff that opens the song leads towards a blistering attack on the consequences of riding your luck, and the decisions to just pack up and leave. The core lyric “I’ll never let my youth cave in” is just screaming to become the new “I’m not sad anymore”. The song has also had a reworking as an acoustic track already (featuring Dan Lambton, vocalist for fellow Chicago band Real Friends) which is also up for free download on Bandcamp. Boy, are these dudes generous.

Final track “Dead Wrong” is another straight punk song, flying through in a zippy 1:20. The lyrics hold a promise, that this won’t be the end of the band. They won’t fizzle away. This band is a diamond in the rough. They will work just as hard as any other artist in the scene to get their music out there. And I for one will be looking forward to every minute.

http://knucklepuck.bandcamp.com

http://www.facebook.com/knucklepuckil

Recommended If You LikeThe Story So Far, Such Gold, Title Fight, Crucial Dudes, Set Your Goals, being an angry bastard

Displaying posts 1 - 2 of 2
08:56 AM on 02/18/13
WDragons08
User Info.
First listen chills... this is what I love about music.
Options
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests