AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview: Place in Time, A - 02.08.13

Place in Time, A - 02.08.13

Interviewed by
Place in Time, A - 02.08.13The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:

A Place in Time

http://aplaceintime.bandcamp.com
http://www.facebook.com/aplaceintimemd?ref=hl
http://twitter.com/aplaceintimemd (website links, as many as you want to include)

1. How did you get your band name?

It's a quote from a song by the last big pop-punk act to come out of our area. All Time Low's "Coffee Shop Soundtrack". Gotta represent our town! But if that's not cool enough then I'll just lie and say it has some deep and profound meaning we can't begin to explain!

2. How did this band get started?

A Place In Time is actually the result of two joke bands gone horribly right; Robots Are Watching and A Place In Time. We put our songs together wrote a few new ones and changed a few parts, and we got our first EP, Not For Nothing

3. What bands are you influenced by?

We're pretty much influenced by all music in some way shape or form, music is a beautiful thing. But if I had to name a few dominant influences, I'd say The Starting Line, Comeback Kid, New Found Glory, and Fall Out Boy.

4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?

We would tour with any band that is serious about the pursuit of music. If you feel the way we do, it's like we're already family.

5. Best food to eat on tour?

Krabby Patties for sure.

6. Why should people listen to your band?

In my opinion we offer a bit of a new sound. We try to work without boundaries and a lot of times it feels like our music is just one half experiment and one half learning experience. We do some pretty interesting things in the genre but most importantly we just try to keep it real.

7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?

Darrell Green, because he was a great leader and known for his speed. Or Jordan cause I want to be a ball hog.

8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?

Every single fan, every music site/promoter we've worked with, and Goku.

9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?

The only thing we would want to change is the perception of the listeners. Music is more than just lyrics, and it's definitely more than just one genre. You can find good in pretty much everything. A lot of music listeners could be considered trendy or close-minded, and they don't really understand how much control they have over the lives of every musician. Without the fans, we are just unemployed dudes with hobbies, and honestly I sometimes feel like musicians need to remember that.

10. Memorable tour experience?

We haven't actually been on tour yet, our first one is coming up soon. However, one thing I'll never forget was after our first show with our drummer, Nelson. We got back home and unloaded all our stuff, and discussed the show and plans for tour. Just the five of us. And as lame as it sounds, it just felt, "right", if you know what I mean.

11. What does AP.net mean to you?

Ability points? But seriously, Absolute Punk is still one of my all time favorite sites; a place where people who actually care about music to go and actually take part in the community. A truly outstanding job you've all done here. If anyone is somehow reading this and not on Absolute Punk, it's time to stop sleeping on it.

12. What is your favorite song to play?

Transitions. Title track, great meaning, and it's the song that makes you want to jump.

13. What is your vacation spot of choice?

Not to sure, but as long as you're with great company, anywhere and everywhere seems like it could be the best place to be.

14. What music reminds you of your childhood?

Anything from the late 90's - Early 2000's. Blink, Destiny's Child, Third Eye Blind, N'Sync. And Final Fantasy jams.

15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?

The power to convince anyone anything...Just think about it, it trumps everything else.

16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?

Quick warm up, Our band's secret handshake, and Kevin always tells everyone above all else, "Have fun". Seems to work every time!

17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?

Everyone think's Nelson is our only white member, but he's actually from El Salvador...This is why we almost called our band Minoriteam, but it was too hilarious.

18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?

It's honestly hard to say. The scenes of popular music are constantly changing, but I think there are a lot of aspects about us that make us stand out from everyone else. People always want whats new and different right? At the same time, we aren't down with becoming followers for fifteen seconds of fame. Our souls are with just a little more than that.

19. What do you like to do in your spare time?

Joel is currently marathonning DBZ before tour.
Duo does nothing but play video games.
Nelson has seen 87.8% of everything on Netflix.
Kevin works double shifts and judges everyone's driving ability (or lack thereof).
Bari can draw pretty well. Yeah something legitimately productive.

20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?

Music is really all we have. Oh, but Nelson can speak Spanish...And Duo can dislocate his shoulder and then be rushed to the emergency room.

Displaying posts 1 - 9 of 9
08:35 PM on 02/08/13
Spencer Control
Will you catch me if I blow away?
User Info.
Twenty made me laugh. Pretty sure these guys were featured on Compination... they seem like a nice group.
08:49 PM on 02/08/13
Dre Okorley
User Info.
20 made me laugh as well and check them out. They're pretty decent. Reminds me of Houston Calls on Red Bull (had to use that Red Bull reference that's been used for so many other bands before) plus a bit of Fireworks.
07:05 AM on 02/09/13
March_Faster!!
まくどなるどなしじゃいきられない。
User Info.
God, I really love these guys. All of their releases are solid in my opinion. I don't really get a, "Houston Calls", vibe from 'em. Occasionally I get flashes of, "Me vs. Hero", and that's a not bad thing. Anyway, I hope they get huge.
09:28 AM on 02/09/13
Dre Okorley
User Info.
God, I really love these guys. All of their releases are solid in my opinion. I don't really get a, "Houston Calls", vibe from 'em. Occasionally I get flashes of, "Me vs. Hero", and that's a not bad thing. Anyway, I hope they get huge.
True.
09:50 AM on 02/28/13
A Place In Time
We're a band from Silver Spring, MD
User Info.
Thanks for reading guys! We're going to be touring the Southeast U.S in TWO days! Check our Facebook page for details.

http://www.facebook.com/aplaceintimemd

Thanks again, hope you dig the new jams!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos