Username
Password
Fall Out Boy News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 130.
08:54 AM on 02/10/13
futuremarkets
/
User Info.
London tickets you could only pick up from the venue with photo ID - not ideal in all situations but a good way to approach the situation.
08:56 AM on 02/10/13
patentpending
http://www.mattskibafans.com/
User Info.
I feel like sites like stubhub, e-bay and other popular sites for ticket resellers should start putting caps on ticket resale prices. There's never any reason a ticket should be more than twice the original price.
08:57 AM on 02/10/13
whatsittoya
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
For shows that are inevitability a sell out, I think they should just have advance tickets available for purchase at the actual box office. If its a small tour you could even scan a photo ID of the purchaser to cross referenced day of show.

How would scalpers from across the country get around that?

Seems like a lot of work, but there is absolutely no chance this tour would have hurt but enforcing such strict ticketing policies.

I didn't get tickets to the Atlanta show. Pretty bummed about out it too.
08:58 AM on 02/10/13
galkain
NothingOriginal.net
User Info.
Never thought of it like this before, but "my mom bought 4 tickets" instead of the one for the daughter who wanted to go, is probably considered scalping? I mean, it's more of a basis for helping people who didn't get the chance to get tickets.. Then again, I'm no a lawyer..

I had a friend who accidentally bought to many but she is reselling for the original price so I guess she isn't scalping
09:00 AM on 02/10/13
LessThanKaitlin
User Info.
So glad I got mine but I've already had a few friends who ended up buying with StubHub because they were so desperate to get tickets after missing out on the Ticketmaster ones even though they tried to purchase as soon as they went on sale.

There were at least 400 up on StubHub just minutes after tickets went on sale for the date I'm going to and now there are nearly 700.

If I would have known that the Kansas City date was going to sell out so quickly I would have bought an extra ticket since I ended up having multiple friends later say they probably won't be going at all since they couldn't get tickets.
09:12 AM on 02/10/13
scubacougar
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Never thought of it like this before, but "my mom bought 4 tickets" instead of the one for the daughter who wanted to go, is probably considered scalping? I mean, it's more of a basis for helping people who didn't get the chance to get tickets.. Then again, I'm no a lawyer..
truly it is a fine line
09:14 AM on 02/10/13
scubacougar
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I feel like sites like stubhub, e-bay and other popular sites for ticket resellers should start putting caps on ticket resale prices. There's never any reason a ticket should be more than twice the original price.
it's not ebay's responsibility to have a database of average venue prices/ show prices for each venue. that's insane. such different levels of shows and venues.
09:17 AM on 02/10/13
CTRL+ALT+DANCE
User Info.
submitted this story earlier this morning.
i'll feel so accomplished the day i see "submitted by CTRL+ALT+DANCE". Hehe :p
09:19 AM on 02/10/13
bop24buf
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
exact person I thought of when this whole thing was going on. "Hopefully this isn't your only chance to see us and hopefully by the time you do, there's some better way to fight back against scalping." - some better way? will call and ID, and even selling directly from your website. seems like there already is a better way to prevent this. either way, it was great that they even took the time to comment....seeing how every comment on their FOB page was people complaining about this (and rightfully so), i was hoping they wouldn't ignore it.

Do any bands do strict will call only for this exact reason? could this only work for bands on certain levels?
09:26 AM on 02/10/13
RockVocalPower
Ups and Downsizing
User Info.
Apples to oranges. Hard to enact that same policies that a largely reserved seated comedy show uses for a GA venue.

09:35 AM on 02/10/13
Arry
apreeesh
User Info.
i tried to get sasquatch tickets yesterday, and they all sold out within an hour. the ticket limit was 8, and it was through live nation. what normal person buys 8 x $400 dollar passes? the next hour, 150 tickets on stubhub for double the price. i think venues need to figure something out...
09:36 AM on 02/10/13
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen 701 bands live!
User Info.
Apples to oranges. Hard to enact that same policies that a largely reserved seated comedy show uses for a GA venue.
Not really. Louie sells his tickets for $45 for every seat, whether first row or last row. A GA venue has no seats and no real order of where you can view the show. Have FoB sell each seat for $40 and have a will call pickup option only. Have the fan bring a confirmation email and a valid form of ID. For people younger than 17 or 18 without any ID, have their parents show the credit card used for the purchase. Only drawback from this is long lines but if the doors are at 7, start at 5:30 and have the people wait in an inside the venue area until the doors are open.
09:37 AM on 02/10/13
70x7brandnew
User Info.
Think the important part here is "plan to be around for a long time."
09:38 AM on 02/10/13
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen 701 bands live!
User Info.
exact person I thought of when this whole thing was going on. "Hopefully this isn't your only chance to see us and hopefully by the time you do, there's some better way to fight back against scalping." - some better way? will call and ID, and even selling directly from your website. seems like there already is a better way to prevent this. either way, it was great that they even took the time to comment....seeing how every comment on their FOB page was people complaining about this (and rightfully so), i was hoping they wouldn't ignore it.

Do any bands do strict will call only for this exact reason? could this only work for bands on certain levels?
I think some bands do something like that. Can't think of anyone off the top of my head though. I believe bands do this during special intimate shows where the only way you can get a pass is through a fan club.
09:38 AM on 02/10/13
iAMhollyood315
Rest is for the dead
User Info.
looks like their next tour will be back to Arenas. amirite?
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums