Username
Password

Comments: Page 9
Displaying posts 120 - 129 of 129
09:56 AM on 02/11/13
Blink2226
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
does anyone have any extra tickets for the houston date?
10:07 AM on 02/11/13
Uncalled Four
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
scalping is illegal, is it not? so can someone explain to me how the hell stubhub hasn't been shut down?
Laws vary by state. I know in CA, it is legal. Even if it is illegal, it has to be enforced and it's not a huge problem to a city that has dwindling funds to focus on more important issues.
12:21 PM on 02/11/13
jhog3411
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Laws vary by state. I know in CA, it is legal. Even if it is illegal, it has to be enforced and it's not a huge problem to a city that has dwindling funds to focus on more important issues.
Good call. It's pretty common to see scalpers within a stone's throw from a cop outside of basketball and baseball games even though scalping is illegal.
01:43 PM on 02/11/13
jonskinny12
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Tickets for the SLC show are $35.
I followed a link from their site and saw the prices I quoted. Maybe it was originally a misprint or something. Come to think of it, it may have been before they were actually on sale so maybe they were presale prices or something? Either way, glad to hear that isn't what they actually went for.
03:13 PM on 02/11/13
DecemberFaded
Streets ahead.
User Info.
I followed a link from their site and saw the prices I quoted. Maybe it was originally a misprint or something. Come to think of it, it may have been before they were actually on sale so maybe they were presale prices or something? Either way, glad to hear that isn't what they actually went for.
http://smithstix.com/events/item/root/fall-out-boy
07:03 PM on 02/11/13
Formatfun
Format, The, Format, The
User Info.
I could only get one ticket before my date sold out. Couldn't get an extra for my friend who was gonna drive me. So now I'm stuck trying to figure out a way to Orlando from Jacksonville. Anyone happen to be driving that? Haha.
05:40 AM on 02/13/13
scubacougar
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
First of all, let me enlighten your mind with a definition. Blasphemy: the act of insulting or showing contempt or lack of reverence for a religious deity or the irreverence towards religious or holy persons or things. Make sure your literacy can be supported with words you actually understand.

Also, I would say people obviously care about scalping since two different news posts (each with pages of replies, mind you) deal with the unquestionably disgusting practice.

You're a shitty excuse for a fan of Fall Out Boy. It's people like you who they're against; taking advantage of real fans and exploiting FOB in the process just so you can make a buck.

Screw you, you ignorant asshole.
i am actually positive that they were not directly addressing me. why don't you check stubbhub or something, rather than going at it with a kid onliine.
you have truly accomplished a lot i hope you're proud.
08:46 AM on 02/15/13
rico7739
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Have you guys never taken an economics course? Of course ticket scalping is going to happen if you're only pricing your tickets at like $35 because the people who value them most will pay the prices to get their hands on some tickets. You were literally one of the most-wanted reunions in modern times. Because you made the price of tickets so low, many of the people who actually value seeing you live and would've paid $100+ to see you play won't get too for another year now. Instead, all these random people who don't value seeing you live as much as others just got tickets because they bought them immediately when they were listed. I paid like $120 for a ticket to see blink-182, and your reunion is definitely as big as blink's was. Supply and demand guys....supply and demand. Classic example of a shortage due to low prices. Hopefully you can correct this on your future tours.
08:54 AM on 02/15/13
Zummy
I'm illegal in 48 states
User Info.
Have you guys never taken an economics course? Of course ticket scalping is going to happen if you're only pricing your tickets at like $35 because the people who value them most will pay the prices to get their hands on some tickets. You were literally one of the most-wanted reunions in modern times. Because you made the price of tickets so low, many of the people who actually value seeing you live and would've paid $100+ to see you play won't get too for another year now. Instead, all these random people who don't value seeing you live as much as others just got tickets because they bought them immediately when they were listed. I paid like $120 for a ticket to see blink-182, and your reunion is definitely as big as blink's was. Supply and demand guys....supply and demand. Classic example of a shortage due to low prices. Hopefully you can correct this on your future tours.
This is exactly what I was saying. I like the fact that the tickets were priced so affordable but it needs to be understood that scalping will happen if people are willing to pay more. The reason that scalpers exist is because there is a market for tickets that are above and beyond the normal price. As long as people are willing to pay the above the ticket price they will sold above the ticket price. If you want to stop scalpers then you must be willing to only pay face value for the ticket. Even if that means you might miss out on a show. It won't kill scalpers immediately but over time scalping tickets will decrease.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos