AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

01:07 PM on 02/10/13 
User Info.
BSmittyAu
No Avatar Selected
Since this is absolutefalloutboy.net and all...

I've had mixed opinions in the past... I hated Lil Wayne's part on their last album, thought the version with Patrick only was actually much better. Usually liked most of what Patrick did on Gym Class tracks and stuff like that. Really wondering if they might have songs more in the vein of the Timbaland collaboration they did, which I actually did enjoy, considering they seem to be pushing the envelope a bit. They said the new album sounds more like the new single than anything else they've ever put out, which sounds to me like a significant change.

All this leads me to the question...who do you think might show up on this album? How drastically different do you think the sound will be?

I'd kinda like to see them do something with B.o.B
02:26 PM on 02/10/13 
User Info.
Jeff_Ryan
easy come and easy go, whatever
NJ
Male - 24 Years Old
B.o.B sucks though
03:19 PM on 02/10/13 
User Info.
bobsheiskawy
www.facebook.com/misewell
Male - 24 Years Old
i'm guessing there will be no collaborations on this album.

that said, i think it'd be cool to see them do a song with nate ruess or some more stuff with brendon urie.
05:00 PM on 02/10/13 
User Info.
BSmittyAu
No Avatar Selected

Clearly I'm gonna Disagree. I honestly dont care too much for the state of rap right now... Lyrically to me it's just ridiculous for the most part. When cleverness and lyricism is dropped in support of a hot beat and general thuggery, it's really hard for me to get into a lot of people out there. I'm probably gonna catch hell from people, but I really don't even feel most of Kanyes stuff. 808s was decent but the auto tune makes it kinda unlistenable for me. I like mostly stuff he did prior and up to Late Registration.

Call me weird, but I do respect the craft even if I'm not a big fan of the direction the genre has gone, and I feel like from a pure talent standpoint BoB is like a breath of fresh air. Forget airplanes. There's not many people out there that release quality music as frequently as he has over the past 4 years. He actually plays instruments and can sing as well as rap. He also doesn't ride autotune till the breaks fall off.

I just figured with his musical tastes (actually playing instruments in most of his songs instead of taking a strictly electronic route), a collaboration would be pretty interesting. I do think they'll have some guests on the album... It just seemed to me like the direction they were going before and from what I've heard this sounds kind of like it is kind of a continuation.
05:02 PM on 02/10/13 
User Info.
yayitsjoe
An American Workplace.
West Chester, PA
Male - 22 Years Old
http://absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=1183342
05:03 PM on 02/10/13 
User Info.
iamthealex
Meet me in Montauk.
Wiscompton
Male - 22 Years Old
Did this really warrant a new thread?

edit: Shit, I'm too late.
05:49 PM on 02/10/13 
User Info.
BSmittyAu
No Avatar Selected
Did this really warrant a new thread?

edit: Shit, I'm too late.

I fail to see how that 53 page thread that was started in 2009 and mentions nothing about collaborations on the first or last page is worth me reading through to find anything pertaining to the specific discussion I was attempting to start. If youve got that kind of time on your hands I'm happy for you.

You guys are super cool for trolling though, thanks.

I was hesitant to even make a thread thinking id be lucky to get any serious replies, and apparently I was right.
06:31 PM on 02/10/13 
User Info.
iamthealex
Meet me in Montauk.
Wiscompton
Male - 22 Years Old
I fail to see how that 53 page thread that was started in 2009 and mentions nothing about collaborations on the first or last page is worth me reading through to find anything pertaining to the specific discussion I was attempting to start. If youve got that kind of time on your hands I'm happy for you.

You guys are super cool for trolling though, thanks.

I was hesitant to even make a thread thinking id be lucky to get any serious replies, and apparently I was right.

You don't need to search through the whole thread to see if that discussion has ever happened before. That's not the point of conversation. Pagel through any of the popular band threads on this site and count how many separate occasions of album/song rankings have happened. If it's about the band in pretty much any way, you can talk about it in that thread.
06:39 PM on 02/10/13 
User Info.
iamthealex
Meet me in Montauk.
Wiscompton
Male - 22 Years Old
It was just the fact that you created a new thread for this while openly acknowledging the recent flood of fob-related content on this site. I'm not trying to dissuade you from using the site, it was just a little ironic.
06:55 PM on 02/10/13 
User Info.
BSmittyAu
No Avatar Selected
You don't need to search through the whole thread to see if that discussion has ever happened before. That's not the point of conversation. Pagel through any of the popular band threads on this site and count how many separate occasions of album/song rankings have happened. If it's about the band in pretty much any way, you can talk about it in that thread.

I may be missing how things work around here (I generally dont start new threads at all), but I just don't see how posting any of this stuff on page 53 of a thread that was started years ago is going to generate anywhere near as much of a discussion as having a thread specifically about the topic I was trying to begin a discussion about. Are we only suppose to have one long thread for everything pertaining to every band and just sift through all the bullshit until we stumble upon something relevant? I mean even if I replied in that thread with what I said here no one is going to take it very seriously, which I guess is about the same outcome I got from doing it this way.

Who knows I guess. Not a big deal, was just curious who people thought might be on the album.
07:33 PM on 02/10/13 
User Info.
E=MCHAMMER
bottled
Male - 21 Years Old
They come right out of the gate with 2 Chainz involved with their first song in 3 years. I'd say it's fair to assume that won't be the only collaboration, limited as his was.
07:45 PM on 02/10/13 
User Info.
AP_Punk
Anarchist Cat Owner
New, Mexico
Male - 26 Years Old
http://absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=1183342

/thread
08:39 PM on 02/10/13 
User Info.
BSmittyAu
No Avatar Selected

So were all 54,000 of your posts this pointless or is this something you only started doing recently?

(Get a job)
08:53 PM on 02/10/13 
User Info.
AP_Punk
Anarchist Cat Owner
New, Mexico
Male - 26 Years Old
So were all 54,000 of your posts this pointless or is this something you only started doing recently?

(Get a job)

lol

and: http://absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=1183342
10:10 PM on 02/10/13 
User Info.
caveBEAR
( ω )
Palm Coast, FL
Male - 27 Years Old

Get a job.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News