Stephin_DC
Registered Member
User Info.
I really like what I've heard from this band thus far
03:42 PM on 02/11/13
contra11mundum
I am not magnificent.
User Info.
This sounds drastically different than their previous EP.

I like it.
05:48 AM on 02/12/13
FireInTheSky
User Info.
Wonderful. This has Tim's fingerprints all over it. I'll keep listening. (Anybody know what the roles are? i.e. Who's singing; who's the not-Tim-not-Nate gentleman; etc...?)
05:51 AM on 02/12/13
FireInTheSky
User Info.
Also, anybody getting a strong Mew vibe from the last track?
07:05 AM on 02/12/13
getupguy222
User Info.
Wonderful. This has Tim's fingerprints all over it. I'll keep listening. (Anybody know what the roles are? i.e. Who's singing; who's the not-Tim-not-Nate gentleman; etc...?)
From what I've been told there are no outlined roles in the band. All three have their hands in everything. If you go back and listen to their song Remission, all three do vocals. The third member is Reed Murray. He was the drummer for the band Marksmen/Tallhart who got signed to Max Bemis' Rory records earlier this year. He played on their Bloodlines EP before being replaced. He is dating Christie Dupree (Younger sister of the Eisley girls) who is in a band with her brother called Merriment. On the Eisley Christmas albums Reed and Christee do two songs together, so you can listen to those if you want to get a vibe of what Reeds vocals sound like. I know I've seen pictures of Reed recording drums and keys/synth for Carrollhood, as well as Tim playing guitar and keys/synth in the studio, so I think they do a little bit of everything in the band.

Also just a side note, the three guys grew up being really good friends and have wanted to make music together for along time. Carrollhood is the name of the area of town they grew up in.
10:45 AM on 02/12/13
FireInTheSky
User Info.
From what I've been told there are no outlined roles in the band. All three have their hands in everything. If you go back and listen to their song Remission, all three do vocals. The third member is Reed Murray. He was the drummer for the band Marksmen/Tallhart who got signed to Max Bemis' Rory records earlier this year. He played on their Bloodlines EP before being replaced. He is dating Christie Dupree (Younger sister of the Eisley girls) who is in a band with her brother called Merriment. On the Eisley Christmas albums Reed and Christee do two songs together, so you can listen to those if you want to get a vibe of what Reeds vocals sound like. I know I've seen pictures of Reed recording drums and keys/synth for Carrollhood, as well as Tim playing guitar and keys/synth in the studio, so I think they do a little bit of everything in the band.

Also just a side note, the three guys grew up being really good friends and have wanted to make music together for along time. Carrollhood is the name of the area of town they grew up in.
/Most helpful reply ever.

Thanks, dude.
12:42 PM on 02/12/13
getupguy222
User Info.
/Most helpful reply ever.

Thanks, dude.
I was thinking it was too much info. Ha. I had the opportunity to meet Reed a while back while he was still with Tallhart. And have become pretty good friends with a guy who used to manage them and is good buds with the Anberlin and UO guys as well. So thats where most of that came from.
01:20 PM on 02/12/13
baton
ftfmusic.net
User Info.
I enjoyed that fully, along with vocals and everything, can't wait for some more from them.
01:48 PM on 02/12/13
jasonisafatty
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

I thought there was a fourth guy originally who was related to Tim and Nathan (one married the other's sister) on Remission. I could be wrong though. I'm really excited to see what keeps coming cause both EP's are great.

Also, I asked Reed and Carrollhood on Twitter about the roles and they said there are no official roles. I think all three do vocals as well.
01:53 PM on 02/12/13
getupguy222
User Info.
I thought there was a fourth guy originally who was related to Tim and Nathan (one married the other's sister) on Remission. I could be wrong though. I'm really excited to see what keeps coming cause both EP's are great.

Also, I asked Reed and Carrollhood on Twitter about the roles and they said there are no official roles. I think all three do vocals as well.
I dunno about a fourth guy, when I met Reed they were just starting to throw around the idea of making music together and I think it was just the three of them, but I'm wrong a lot too! ha
02:56 PM on 02/12/13
Symphonicaxiom
Tell me it's you or nothing at all
User Info.
EP is amazing. Ridiculously talented guys
08:23 PM on 02/12/13
jasonisafatty
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I dunno about a fourth guy, when I met Reed they were just starting to throw around the idea of making music together and I think it was just the three of them, but I'm wrong a lot too! ha
yeah who know, but either way these three are quite amazing together.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests