Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 11 posts.
11:06 AM on 02/11/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
So wait, is he still Snoop Lion?
I have no idea ... I used both just -- cause well -- fuck it.
11:07 AM on 02/11/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
Black America is so broken.
I am going to assume this is a reference to something I simply don't know ... and not what my first thoughts are. You get the benefit of the doubt -- but I am going to recommend you edit this post ASAP because I won't be the only one that reads this (again, I assume) wrong.
12:20 PM on 02/11/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
It's comments like this (from moderators/jason) that have made me come to this site less and less-not the post in question.

My only comment was saying that I hope the dude being a racist dick ... isn't actually being a racist dick. If that makes you visit the site less ... so be it.
12:22 PM on 02/11/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
Simply put. He should be a better role model.
I believe educating your children about marijuana is a good role model ... this doesn't address what you said, at all.
12:28 PM on 02/11/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
Wow, you're a real tough guy. I didn't say I agreed with his post I just asked a simple question on why there is such a double standard on who says things.

You're sticking a whole lot of people together under a "black leader" label and declaring they all think that "black america" is broke because someone wants to talk about weed. Because someone wants a relationship with their kid to educate them?

This subject is extremely timely in our country at the moment (last election and future bills) and is not indicative of any race.

I'm white. I don't smoke. I'd read this book to my kids and teach them about weed the same way I would alcohol or safe sex.
12:34 PM on 02/11/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
Shouldnt 8 and 9 year olds be learning addition and spelling?
Do you think they're not?
12:47 PM on 02/11/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
I'm sure they are. I just don't think that they need to learn the proper way to smoke weed at that age.
Our first sex-ed class was 4th grade.
12:51 PM on 02/11/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
Maybe its just me, but isn't 8 a little young to explain alcohol and safe sex as well though?

Just like alcohol, weed is dangerous for developing minds. From the looks at the book, I'm not sure I trust to actually provide a reasonable "wait till you're older, use in moderation" explanation. Like, would you read "Alcohol is just a drink" to your 8 year old kid?
Nope.

That's when we were going through programs like D.A.R.E and had our first (single sex) sex-ed class.

Have you read the book?

Exact quote: “Marijuana is for people who can use it responsibly. It gives some people joy, but like everything, it can be used too much. I don’t recommend it for everyone. It is a strong medicine - not good for you right now.”

and: “Marijuana is for grown-ups,” said Jackie’s mom. “Some things are for adults and not for children, like driving a car or drinking a coffee.”
12:54 PM on 02/11/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
Jason, I understand all that, and didn't intend for ''black leaders'' to enompass every single black person. I also realize kid's post was painting a broad brush. I didn't think he intended it the way it sounded, which was why I somewhat defended him. I was just saying its fine for prominent African Americans to criticize tons of issues in their community, but if anyone else dare questions those same issues they are labeled a racist immediately. Its nuts. I am white and realize every race in this country has dirtbags and issues they have to fix.

If kidinthebushes did mean it literally, then I disagree and apoligize.

Are there a whole lot of prominent African Americans criticizing this issue of educating youth about weed? This is a specific topic that a poster (who has a history) took broad ... I'd look at who you're defending.
01:26 PM on 02/11/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
You don't need leaders to educate your kids. Education starts at Home.

I never said different. I said I don't think the parallel exists this poster was making.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests