v1v14n0hh
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Excuse me what...
02:14 PM on 02/11/13
Memphis
Eight miles high and falling fast
User Info.
Reminded me of when Dylan Moran and Bill Bailey were writing children's book in Black Books... Damn, wanna watch that episode now.
02:35 PM on 02/11/13
fearthesloths
blown from the hinge
User Info.
He isn't writing the book; he just said he's thinking about reading an already existing book about it to the kids on his football team that he coaches. The book is called "It's Just a Plant" and actually is pretty helpful in explaining cannabis and it's consumption by adults to a child just as one would explain alcohol to a child.
this.

also, isn't a huge part of 'the drug problem' education? this reminds me of people who think abstinence-only sex education works. shielding kids from things like sex and weed only really hurts them in the long run, they'd be better off if they are educated about the facts, including the dangers, of smoking weed at a young age the same way they are taught about sex (well... in normal places at least).

i'd hate to see something like this torn down just because Snoop is behind it and because of his reputation or history... even if he is going to write a kids book how about we see what his motives are and what the book is actually like before writing him off in a 'lol snoop is so high, trying to get kids to smoke weed' fashion.

EDIT: obviously there are some caveats to this, i dont think you should necessarily be teaching 5-year olds about weed as soon as they start school, but writing off the whole idea without at least considering some possible positive effects is stupid.
02:40 PM on 02/11/13
bite2brkskn12
Registered Member
User Info.
yeah like no one except kidinthebushes has ever said anything stupid before.
04:16 PM on 02/11/13
Clark
Dirk Nowitzki's Beard
User Info.
yeah like no one except kidinthebushes has ever said anything stupid before.

The difference is that nearly everything he posts is.
04:27 PM on 02/11/13
anthonydarko
Fight Milk
User Info.
I honestly don't see anything wrong with those comments. I'm sure we are all entitled to speak our minds freely. That certain people are too sensitive, doesn't mean they are being "racist". Its just a comment and most of us as grownups should brush it off
Yay, I fixed your post!
04:29 PM on 02/11/13
anthonydarko
Fight Milk
User Info.
Big thumbs, small touch screen. As said, look at the IP address. If I'm indeed kidinthebushes, props to you. If I'm not, then you should seriously should know how to be an admin.
Yay, I fixed this post too!
04:38 PM on 02/11/13
Amongster
Still On The Sand
User Info.
And this isn't just education, it is a form of condoning the behavior via reinforcement. By telling them how not to overdose, it is in a small way convincing naive kids (who are easily attracted to risque behavior) that trying it is okay in the first place. Just goes to show how idiotically liberal our society is becoming. I'm all for freedom to adults, but the degree of "education" that some liberals expose children to is causing dangerous behavior in children to spiral out of control.

It doesn't condone smoking weed, just as teaching people to correctly put on a condom doesn't encourage them to have sex, and making Play-Doh non-toxic doesn't advocate eating Play-Doh.
04:44 PM on 02/11/13
DaveSnails
User Info.
fyi, http://www.justaplant.com/

this book has been around for years.
05:00 PM on 02/11/13
suicidalmoose
Lindsay let me kiss your forehead!
User Info.
page 6. that's how many pages from this thread I was able to kind of read. couldn't get to page 7. and I'm still gonna have nightmares tonight. haha
05:05 PM on 02/11/13
Archael
listens to good music
User Info.
I honestly don't see anything wrong with those comments.
I'm sure we are all entitled to speak our minds freely.
that certain people are too sensitive, doesn't mean they are being "racist".
Its just a comment and most of us as grownups should brush it off
so we shouldn't be accountable for what we say?

sweet.
05:11 PM on 02/11/13
Archael
listens to good music
User Info.
Speaking your mind is a bullshit statement?

it is when it's an ignorant one
05:58 PM on 02/11/13
Feenucks
Majority Bones
User Info.
If someone posts a comment like that, at the very least it seems reasonable they be called out on it.

AP.net's code of conduct is insanely relaxed compared to the forum I visit the most.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/view...topic_id=17883

I think absolutepunk's users would have a stroke if they had to follow those guidelines. Which is a shame really, because 90% of the guidelines are basically saying "don't be an ass".

I just read all of those. I actually like (most of) them, especially #6. I'd love it if we could adopt some of those rules over here.
06:59 PM on 02/11/13
HeavenResign
Registered Member
User Info.
I just read all of those. I actually like (most of) them, especially #6. I'd love it if we could adopt some of those rules over here.
Yeah it's really a pleasure reading the forums over there. After spending the better part of a year over there it's hard to go anywhere else because I'll read insane posts and think "wow I can't believe he didn't get banned" and then I forget it's not teamliquid haha.

The downsides to it (for a site like this) would be it's a lot of work to consistently have an enforced code of conduct, and it's important to be a bit transparent - a lot of teamliquid's forums are designed around this. Every ban is automatically posted to a locked forum thread, there's a forum dedicated to website/moderation feedback, the report post function is only available to users registered for at least a year and can be taken away, there are 20 something moderators in addition to the staff who have moderation powers.

Upsides though, teamliquid has more in-depth knowledge of Starcraft I and II than any other forum (for their comparative game/niche etc) I've ever seen because users are expected to post with substance. And considering how large the user base is, it's pleasant to post on - that's something that's hard to come by on forums with huge user bases.
08:55 PM on 02/11/13
Siren
asdf
User Info.
I can't quote kidinthebushes to tell him he's an idiot.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests