Great points
09:04 AM on 02/12/13 
User Info.
theguy77
Terrain / Ryan
Baltimore, MD
Male - 24 Years Old
Verified
It took me 30 minutes to get onto rt1 from 95 once. That light is so atrocious.

yeah you get caught at every red light so many times. that area in general has such an overcrowding problem during the school year. its just sad that i live in Maryland's biggest city and yet traffic/crowds arent nearly as bad as that college town

if you turn right onto greenbelt road (193), then take a left at the next light (rhode island avenue), you can skip all the route 1 traffic. just take that till you get to the Edgewood Rd light and make a left to get back on route 1, that puts you right in front of the highway exit.
09:10 AM on 02/12/13 
User Info.
EndlessPrisoner
No Avatar Selected
College Park, MD
Male
yeah you get caught at every red light so many times. that area in general has such an overcrowding problem during the school year. its just sad that i live in Maryland's biggest city and yet traffic/crowds arent nearly as bad as that college town

if you turn right onto greenbelt road (193), then take a left at the next light (rhode island avenue), you can skip all the route 1 traffic. just take that till you get to the Edgewood Rd light and make a left to get back on route 1, that puts you right in front of the highway exit.

I figured out the back way, taking 193 by the president's house, and cutting through to 495. By far the easiest way when traffic is terrible.

Also rt1 has speed cameras I didn't know about. Fucking 40 dollar ticket for going 42 for a brief second in a 30. Bullshit.
09:16 AM on 02/12/13 
User Info.
theguy77
Terrain / Ryan
Baltimore, MD
Male - 24 Years Old
Verified
I figured out the back way, taking 193 by the president's house, and cutting through to 495. By far the easiest way when traffic is terrible.

yeah, you can hit up rhode island avenue coming from that way. just pass the route 1 exits and the next light is rhode island, trust me that road is one lane but its never backed up even in afternoon traffic.

Quote:
Also rt1 has speed cameras I didn't know about. Fucking 40 dollar ticket for going 42 for a brief second in a 30. Bullshit.

dude and if you're going 40+ the whole way, there are several speed cameras. you will get mailed 5 tickets for one time of speeding and you won't even remember that shit, that happened to me once and i was so mad. i think government surveillance to that extent is ridiculous, especially because 30 is a really slow speed for that road during non-traffic hours

so just out of curiosity you were never able to set up a show at the radio station? i tried emailing Emily Thompson but she never responded
09:24 AM on 02/12/13 
User Info.
EndlessPrisoner
No Avatar Selected
College Park, MD
Male
yeah, you can hit up rhode island avenue coming from that way. just pass the route 1 exits and the next light is rhode island, trust me that road is one lane but its never backed up even in afternoon traffic.

dude and if you're going 40+ the whole way, there are several speed cameras. you will get mailed 5 tickets for one time of speeding and you won't even remember that shit, that happened to me once and i was so mad. i think government surveillance to that extent is ridiculous, especially because 30 is a really slow speed for that road during non-traffic hours

so just out of curiosity you were never able to set up a show at the radio station? i tried emailing Emily Thompson but she never responded

I'll give you another email, they're a little unreliable, luckily I'm going to have a little more influence in the station soon, so we'll see if that can change things up.
11:11 AM on 02/12/13 
User Info.
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
Gainesville, FL
Male - 25 Years Old
This is now the traffic thread move it back to general.
11:31 AM on 02/12/13 
User Info.
EndlessPrisoner
No Avatar Selected
College Park, MD
Male
good call pat
01:43 PM on 02/12/13 
User Info.
Maiaophilia
my heart beats pacific -
JAPAAAAAN.