Password

Comments: Page 11
Displaying posts 150 - 165 of 265
08:45 PM on 02/12/13
ZachMadeMeOdd
<("<) ^( " )^ (>")>
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Oh, I see. $250 for the EP, poster and video.. wow.

It is pretty absurd.
08:46 PM on 02/12/13
omgstinamarie
Rebel without a cause
User Info.
YES!! Haters are so great.

Who doesn't love free press??

And it's clearly helping him, considering he keeps making more and more money as the hours tick by. Great job AbPunk.
08:48 PM on 02/12/13
sharpie_77
I am on the mend.
User Info.
It makes me sad that he got almost $5000 already but the Honor Bright Kickstarter didn't reach their $3000 goal.
Couldn't agree more.
08:51 PM on 02/12/13
Scott Weber
Live Like a Legend
User Info.
20 grand for a fucking EP. REALLY.
08:52 PM on 02/12/13
bradfoshoo
oh hi
User Info.
who the fuck spent $2500 bucks to sing on this?!?!?!
08:52 PM on 02/12/13
Rob McWilliams
Eat your salad, no dessert
User Info.
And here I was hoping for an option to shave that stupid fucking mullet.
09:09 PM on 02/12/13
Maiaophilia
my heart beats pacific -
User Info.
I'm willing to bet this EP never comes out.
09:20 PM on 02/12/13
thesinkingship
Hummingbirds who lost the plot
User Info.
YES!! Haters are so great.

Who doesn't love free press??

And it's clearly helping him, considering he keeps making more and more money as the hours tick by. Great job AbPunk.
Are you going to hold a vigil when the inevitable OD happens?
09:20 PM on 02/12/13
schenksta
Derp.
User Info.
I wanna get the $2,500 pledge and just sing like Tina from Bobs Burgers the entire time.
09:22 PM on 02/12/13
skibby15
Registered Member
User Info.
hahahaha
09:24 PM on 02/12/13
tellmycaster
User Info.
It does not cost 20,000 for an EP. Dude's spending your money on drugs. Would somebody kill this guy already?
09:31 PM on 02/12/13
CluckyB
Modern Baseball is WAR
User Info.
The MacBook shit isn't funny anymore. I really wish people would just be original on this site. Same jokes get repeated constantly.

If he's clean like he claims, and is actually trying to continue as a music artist, good for him. The guy is a great singer.

If he relapsed, still talks like an illiterate douche, and doesn't use this money or follow up with what he promises on this acct, the dude should just go to prison already.
He's claimed hes clean before, hasn't he? He's pretty much burned out all his chances.

Crowd funding requires trust between the artist and the fans. Normally I'm a big supporter of it, because that trust is part of what makes music cool. It helps you relate to the bands better.

But like in this case, if it succeeds, is it really about trust? Or is about this guy somehow being popular enough that he can talk his fans into continuing to give him more money to enable his bad habits?

I donno man. I hope if this succeeds, he at least doesn't fuck everything up again. But its this weird balance, second chances are great. Its nice to see someone turn everything around. But at the same time, the philosophy of "its okay if you fuck everything up. You'll still get a second chance. and then a third chance. and then a fourth chance. cause we don't actually care that you fucked everything up" is really dangerous.

But ultimately like, its not my money going to the guy. My money won't ever go to the guy. If other people want to continue to enable him that's their choice and I'm okay with that.
09:33 PM on 02/12/13
sergioisevil
User Info.
Kickstarter and indiegogo, as beneficial as they can be, have become toxic to independent music. Any self-aggrandizing nerd with an inflated sense of entitlement and a computer can fund their stupid little projects. If someone isn't willing to slave slave away in the name of their art, then independent music is losing one of the things that makes it appealing and all the shitty acts that were once filtered out are seeping through because their projects were funded.

Now, Jonny Craig doing this and expecting to raise twenty-thousand dollars is absurd. Almost as absurd as the fact that he's already raised five grand (truly mind blowing).

Taking advantage of your fans is one thing, but taking them for idiots is downright offensive.
09:49 PM on 02/12/13
JulieLynn
Let's Be Alone Together
User Info.
He'll be in rehab again before he gets 20k
09:50 PM on 02/12/13
trojanick
they all got boyfriends anyway
User Info.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates