Username
Password
Line-up Change News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Line-up Change
Inside AP.net

Brian Lane Talks Shone

Posted by: Jack Appleby (02/14/13)
Read an interview where Brian Lane confirms the members of Shone and discusses the project's vision here.

Submitted by CallMeTroy, letdownagain

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 24
02:04 AM on 02/14/13
vaguestcargo
When I disappear...
User Info.
featuring a slightly outta context quote by yours truly (apparently)
02:06 AM on 02/14/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
featuring a slightly outta context quote by yours truly (apparently)

Well played, well played.
02:26 AM on 02/14/13
theHECKLER
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Shone me the money.
03:06 AM on 02/14/13
Feenucks
Majority Bones
User Info.
That was a good read.
04:21 AM on 02/14/13
lovemetal24
User Info.
I seriously can't stop listening to this record
04:41 AM on 02/14/13
WeWereGiants
Cold hands, Lips blue
User Info.
I really hope they continue with this project, it's fun and the story, whilst ambitious, is intriguing and I think there is more to be told.

More songs in the vein of Piano Wire, Bestial and Kin are welcome with me :)
05:22 AM on 02/14/13
lp670sv
Go Sabres
User Info.
I think they would have been better off if they had, in some way or another, made it clear this wasn't brand new. I think most of the backlash has been because we kind of got stoked for this to be Brand New related and then it didn't happen so we're all disappointed now.
06:24 AM on 02/14/13
Amongster
Still On The Sand
User Info.
I think they would have been better off if they had, in some way or another, made it clear this wasn't brand new. I think most of the backlash has been because we kind of got stoked for this to be Brand New related and then it didn't happen so we're all disappointed now.

I don't believe so. When I found out Brian Lane was involved in the mystery, my first thought was, 'This is a side-project.' The only people who seemed to think it was Brand New were the ones who wanted it to be Brand New.
06:30 AM on 02/14/13
lp670sv
Go Sabres
User Info.
I don't believe so. When I found out Brian Lane was involved in the mystery, my first thought was, 'This is a side-project.' The only people who seemed to think it was Brand New were the ones who wanted it to be Brand New.
I thought it was Brand New related because Brian Lane was involved, and the return address listed on the side is the address that "Brand New" is registered at as a business so yes there was actually some indication, even to those who didn't come in to it thinking 'This is Brand New' that it was gonna be Brand New related. If they had not used Brian Lane's name or shown that address there wouldn't have been any real reason to believe it was them and thus would not have the "This was supposed to be Brand New" backlash.
06:45 AM on 02/14/13
Jay Evan
I've Made A Huge Mistake
User Info.

Doesn't get much more Brand New "related" then having members of Brand New's side project
06:52 AM on 02/14/13
lp670sv
Go Sabres
User Info.
Doesn't get much more Brand New "related" then having members of Brand New's side project
Right, but it's not Brand New and I'm not saying that this is anyway fair to the band but I do really believe that people (including myself at one point) thinking that this was Brand New (not just related but like a viral campaign for a new album) kind of set this up to be a disappointment. I like the album, and the viral campaign was fantastic, but there was a certain degree of let down when it wasn't a new album. It seems from some of the other threads that some people felt that disappointment a little harder and weren't able to separate that out from the music we actually got.
07:44 AM on 02/14/13
Isolated
is awesome.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
To be fair, I don't think it was their fault that people thought it was Brand New stuff. I was present in the Shone thread throughout and I said that I thought it was just a Brand New side-project, along with sources that said the same. People just seemed to refuse to believe it though, despite there being very little to say that it was anything other than a side-project. I'm not trying to say 'LOOK AT ME I WAS RIGHT', more that some people really just wanted to believe it was Brand New. If anyone went in the thread and said 'oh but surely it's not Brand New because of x and x', they'd just get a response along the lines of 'but thats what they want you to think'.

Saying all that though, I can't get used to Andrew's vocals whatsoever, and I really do wish I dug them more.
07:51 AM on 02/14/13
WhatJulianSaid
News on Once the Clouds are Gone
User Info.
Posted "be patient" last night on fb and woke up and checked the site and saw this an hour later, wtf lmao
08:52 AM on 02/14/13
brook183
@brooks_an
User Info.
Has this writer ever played Clue before?
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests