01:06 PM on 02/14/13
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor | @drewberinger | Locked Groove
User Info.
02:35 PM on 02/14/13
Drew Beringer
User Info.
But you still scroll down news posts about him to check if anybody is making comments about your dislike for him, no?
it's not uncommon for staffers to frequent every news post. I check each one hourly.
03:41 PM on 02/14/13
Drew Beringer
User Info.
goblin was bad and i dont have high hopes for this but he's a creative dude
if he's excellent at producing, directing, and marketing. He's just not that great of a rapper.
03:48 PM on 02/14/13
Drew Beringer
User Info.
I wouldn't say his production is good either. When he wants his lyrics to be good they can be good and his marketing/directing is fantastic. He doesn't have very good flow and the subject matter held up by the "story" that he's trying to tell is only cool for a bit. He needs to bring something else to the table
let me rephrase then - his production was good before he became too reliant on one style and failed to innovate at all. Production on Bastard is still ace.
11:07 PM on 02/14/13
Drew Beringer
User Info.
plus a lot of those lyrics from Kanye occur on his early albums, his first two in fact. Anything from Graduation and beyond, I believe he made a conscious effort to eliminate that kind of language from his rhymes.
11:13 PM on 02/14/13
Drew Beringer
User Info.
Yes, you will probably be able to comb through a person's past history and perhaps find hateful language. The important thing to focus on is if they have changed as a person from those hateful messages. The education and understanding of using words like that weren't spoken about that much when I was growing up and going through high school. Yes, even I used to say hateful language like calling people "gay" or a "******," and it was a combination of hate and ignorance/not having the proper education about the effects those words can have. It wasn't till I was a sophomore in college that I realized it was awful to say those things and I've eliminated it from my language completely and I shudder when I see or hear it from anyone else and try to educated/correct. It was part of the reason why I became a resident assistant in college so that I could try to make a difference and educate those about how hateful and ignorant those words sound coming out of their mouths.

etc etc tldr
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums