Username
Password
Hip-Hop News - Page 8
Displaying posts 105 - 112 of 112.
08:44 AM on 02/15/13
Mattylikesfilms
If You Dig Up The Dead...
User Info.
Goblin is great man. I'm not gonna be one of those people that tells you your opinion isn't valid and then hit you with a gif to get my goodies off. But he had an idea and went with it. The entire album plays out perfectly if you get his style and lyrics. The issue I find with this generation (and I'm not specifically labeling you) is that when it comes to music, they want simple heavy beats and lyrics that are just lyrics. Ones that don't make you think, no creativity or originality. Tyler says some fucked up things but for his age he is a mastermind on the mic.

He knows how he comes off to people he just doesn't care. His shock value sells like Eminem during the Marshall Mathers LP.

I agree with all of this.
08:48 AM on 02/15/13
ChaseTx
How about Kanye West? He's uses a ton of similar type lyrics in past and present songs (albeit he's a lot more tasteful). "Workout Plan" and other similar songs he has in nature to that song are really misogynistic.

Kanye West - Bring Me Down (lyric snippet):

Make it out of this grind, 'fore I'm out of my mind
And get some lee way on the he say she say
Your girl don't like me, how long has she been gay

He was listed as your number 4 album in your top 10 (on your scene list) recently over on your chorus page. So I think that example seems "remotely factual."
The word is using in a factual, non-derogatory way in that song. It's not hurtful or offensive.

The hyper-sensitivity about these things is ridiculous. I'm very serious about my belief in full equality, but the way people take up arms anytime they hear the word "gay" is just tedious and unnecessary.
11:32 AM on 02/15/13
ZachMadeMeOdd
<("<) ^( " )^ (>")>
User Info.
Overall with what's being talked about in this thread, I just wanna say we are all more than aware that Tyler isn't a homophobe. And I'm not either and I see whereas if someone were first listening to him they could assume so but that's where your own personal feelings and judgement come into play. He uses derogatory words in a different meaning than what they are originally intended for. And I see no issue with that.

And so that I am understood correctly, I think breaking down a word and using it incorrectly overtime diminishes its meaning. People in their every day lives get offended by words that were made for a derogatory meaning, and if they get misconstrued to represent a different meaning, that word loses its power. B itch, N igga, and Gay are THE prime examples.
11:56 AM on 02/15/13
love_american_style
User Info.
why are you guys arguing so much over this?

Point is, the album is gonna be terrible.
06:23 PM on 02/15/13
cubine
www.facebook.com/truthunderattack
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I got into the whole OF thing for a while. I stopped caring shortly after I saw them almost a year ago... I wasn't expecting to care a lot, but I really dig the vibe of this song... Getting excited for this
Yeah I dug a lot of the members for awhile til I saw them live as a collective. Fucking awful excuse for a live show. The opening "DJ set" was literally an iTunes playlist and a volume slider, and they literally play the album versions of songs over the PA while half-assedly rapping over them. It was a total joke. Domo seemed like the only one even attempting to do his verses right. And they played mostly terrible choices... Who the fuck actually listens to "We Got Bitches" and "Bitch Suck Dick"? But nope, those were the biggest "hits" of the night with the crowd.
06:27 PM on 02/15/13
cubine
www.facebook.com/truthunderattack
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
He uses derogatory words in a different meaning than what they are originally intended for.

Every time Tyler says "f*ggot" it's with a negative connotation, regardless of how serious he is about it. The use of the word "n*gga" in rap is pretty much never used with a negative connotation, it's just synonymous with words like "dude." You're wrong.
08:04 PM on 02/15/13
ZachMadeMeOdd
<("<) ^( " )^ (>")>
User Info.
Every time Tyler says "f*ggot" it's with a negative connotation, regardless of how serious he is about it. The use of the word "n*gga" in rap is pretty much never used with a negative connotation, it's just synonymous with words like "dude." You're wrong.

Dude, O K.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums