Username
Password

01:55 PM on 02/14/13 
User Info.
cubsml34
A Class 3 KILLSTORM
Lemont/Chicago
Male - 21 Years Old
As the title states I will hopefully be studying abroad in Budapest in the fall; I just submitted my application yesterday. Anyone who has been, lived, traveled there have any input on what I should do/see/not do or see? I did some research obviously but I'm just curious as to things I may have missed or have heard misinformation about. I'll be planning on traveling around to places like Vienna, Krakow, Prague and hopefully a couple others like Croatia or Slovenia while there as well.
05:13 PM on 02/14/13 
User Info.
Jimmy_Love
Philadelphia/Lancast...
Male - 24 Years Old
I've never been myself, but my creative writing professor lived there for awhile and it sounds incredible. It's on my bucket list for sure.
05:45 PM on 02/14/13 
User Info.
mbarney82
Male - 21 Years Old
the exchange rate is fucking awesome. im getting screwed over here in London. travel as much as you can cause you have an amazing exchange rate

edit: have fun, study abroad is great
10:49 PM on 02/14/13 
User Info.
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
L’Amérique du Nord
Male - 26 Years Old
I've studied abroad twice but on the other side of the continent (France/Spain), so though unfortunately I have not been to those locations you listed I have done a good amount of traveling/studying nearby them. If you have any specific questions let me know!
07:54 AM on 02/15/13 
User Info.
Maiaophilia
my heart beats pacific -
JAPAAAAAN.
Female - 24 Years Old
I grew up living in Europe. (Holland, Ireland, Germany)....

as said before I would just travel as much as possible. Europe is awesome because not only are there trains to get anywhere you could possibly want to go, but most flights cost around $30-$50 round trip. So you can pretty much go anywhere.

Don't be scared to try new things.

I also suggest investing in a good camera. When I was in Japan over the summer, I took amazing photographs with my camera.

Start a blog too... so Family and Friends back home can see what youre up to
11:18 AM on 02/15/13 
User Info.
WeltallAY
L’Amérique du Nord
Male - 26 Years Old
I grew up living in Europe. (Holland, Ireland, Germany)....

as said before I would just travel as much as possible. Europe is awesome because not only are there trains to get anywhere you could possibly want to go, but most flights cost around $30-$50 round trip. So you can pretty much go anywhere.

Don't be scared to try new things.

I also suggest investing in a good camera. When I was in Japan over the summer, I took amazing photographs with my camera.

Start a blog too... so Family and Friends back home can see what youre up to

Not a bad idea, but I'd be careful. You want to spend as little time as possible on the computer and personally I found it more immersive to put family/friends aside and just showcase your findings when you get home.
11:30 AM on 02/15/13 
User Info.
Maiaophilia
my heart beats pacific -
JAPAAAAAN.
Female - 24 Years Old
Not a bad idea, but I'd be careful. You want to spend as little time as possible on the computer and personally I found it more immersive to put family/friends aside and just showcase your findings when you get home.

I ended up getting extra credit for doing one of these while I was abroad for my course. I maybe spent 15-20 minutes just summarizing my day and cultural experience as the class was called "Intercultural Communications".... I guess it just depends -
11:52 AM on 02/15/13 
User Info.
WeltallAY
L’Amérique du Nord
Male - 26 Years Old
I ended up getting extra credit for doing one of these while I was abroad for my course. I maybe spent 15-20 minutes just summarizing my day and cultural experience as the class was called "Intercultural Communications".... I guess it just depends -

Ahh, gotcha that's not bad at all. I just hated to see all these people glued to their computers daily when I was abroad.
11:59 AM on 02/15/13 
User Info.
Maiaophilia
my heart beats pacific -
JAPAAAAAN.
Female - 24 Years Old
Ahh, gotcha that's not bad at all. I just hated to see all these people glued to their computers daily when I was abroad.

Yeah; it wasn't like that at all... that would have been such a waste.
03:28 PM on 02/15/13 
User Info.
Ollie McKraut
Registered Member
Male - 23 Years Old
take a ton of photos and put em all on fb so I can see a cool building in europe from 100 different angles
01:47 AM on 02/17/13 
User Info.
danperez
why study abroad, when you can travel abroad.
here, borrow some of my fortune
04:01 PM on 02/17/13 
User Info.
tommyishere
Balloon Manufactuar
Male - 22 Years Old
As the title states I will hopefully be studying abroad in Budapest in the fall; I just submitted my application yesterday. Anyone who has been, lived, traveled there have any input on what I should do/see/not do or see? I did some research obviously but I'm just curious as to things I may have missed or have heard misinformation about. I'll be planning on traveling around to places like Vienna, Krakow, Prague and hopefully a couple others like Croatia or Slovenia while there as well.

I'll be in Prague or Alicante, Spain in Fall as well! Cheers!

I just need to figure out where to go.....
12:00 AM on 02/18/13 
User Info.
WeltallAY
L’Amérique du Nord
Male - 26 Years Old
I'll be in Prague or Alicante, Spain in Fall as well! Cheers!

I just need to figure out where to go.....

I studied in Spain during my first trip abroad. I believe Alicante was near Valencia - which IMO was one of the lesser exciting Spanish cities but holy shit Spain is just a swan of a country. Such extraordinary diversity and just tons of things to see and do.
10:03 PM on 02/19/13 
User Info.
tommyishere
Balloon Manufactuar
Male - 22 Years Old
I studied in Spain during my first trip abroad. I believe Alicante was near Valencia - which IMO was one of the lesser exciting Spanish cities but holy shit Spain is just a swan of a country. Such extraordinary diversity and just tons of things to see and do.

Alicante just looks amazing.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version