AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 17 posts.
05:04 PM on 02/14/13
shea34
User Info.
Hi Chris! Glad to be doing this for my second year! Hi Jaimie, also. Happy Valentine's Day! Do you have a valentine? (:
05:10 PM on 02/14/13
shea34
User Info.
This is my first time attending a TWLOHA Valentine's Day Doesn't Have To Suck chat! xD This is pretty cool :)

Do you guys have any advice for someone who hopes to eventually intern with TWLOHA? :)
never give up. i applied last year and didnt get in but i'll never give up. its three ppl a year that get in, so dont get discouraged.
05:14 PM on 02/14/13
shea34
User Info.
It's three terms, usually around 5 interns a term. But a lot apply so if it's something you're interested in keep trying!
Oh, my mistake, i thought it was three a term. still, with the numbers that apply, dont give up.. if it's something you truely want to do, like i do, you'll get it
05:16 PM on 02/14/13
shea34
User Info.
Hey there! Jamie's actually at the HEAVY AND LIGHT event in Boston right now, but Chris says hi! :)

We're so glad that we could/can help!
We definitely know how much it can hurt to loose a loved one, and that's part of the reason why we do events like these -- to let you know that you're not alone in your struggles and that we want to stand beside you through the hard stuff!

Sorry rachhausaurrr, but unfortunately not -- we've been doing this chat/forum format for the past few years, and we've found that it's still lots of fun :D

Thanks! We agree! That's why we're doing it again -- we love to hangout :)

Us too!

We agree too!!

It is starting... we're all sitting around our conference room table answering messages as we speak!

Well, I can't say I know the date offhand, but our Intern Director has been hard at work over the past few days going through applications! You'll definitely be hearing from us in the near future though!
well, you guys will have to tell him i say hi. really. i saw him last year and got to meet him and have him talk to my best friend and he changed my life. i will be interning with you all someday...
05:20 PM on 02/14/13
shea34
User Info.
does twloha give advice on suicidal topics?
They lead you in the right direction to find help. (:
05:21 PM on 02/14/13
shea34
User Info.
Question for the interns. How many times have you applied before you got in and what are your future endeavors after twloha?
05:29 PM on 02/14/13
shea34
User Info.
Im not from one . my school doesnt have one so hopefully I can start one.
I'm from one
05:32 PM on 02/14/13
shea34
User Info.
I am! Co-President of TWLOHA Grand Valley State! What UChapter are you with?
vice prez of northern michigan's uchapter (:
05:37 PM on 02/14/13
shea34
User Info.
Thanks!! We're glad to do this every year and thankful you're joining us.

Really?! Are your nerves made of steel because my stomach gets in knots at the thought of being in front of people haha.

I hope you don't mind I started playing "Heart Transplant" to our team after I saw this.

You better be interning with us someday!! (Seriously, it's a blast here in Florida)

You're not a coward. There are many, many "what if" scenarios that will run through your mind for a long time. But you are not a coward. You will hurt and it will be hard to face the day and others. But you are not a coward. On behalf of all us here at TWLOHA, we're sorry for your loss and hope the days get easier as you move forward. Feel free to contact us via email at info@twloha.com.
I will be
(:
05:39 PM on 02/14/13
shea34
User Info.
I'm eating Bugles and a Reeses Fastbreak. Does that count?
were you on here last year, jacob? i feel like i talked to you.
05:44 PM on 02/14/13
shea34
User Info.
Heyyyy! The other end of the state ;)
I have some friends at NMU
woowoo! we should add each other on fb and swap ideas. add me shea anna mae
05:47 PM on 02/14/13
shea34
User Info.
I didn't go to college, but I'm glad you guys are.

What was the best part about running a UChapter (for the potential future UChapter presidents on the forum)?

ASK!!
For me the best part was when someone didnt know what twloha was and asked you the seemingly innocent question. i loved being able to tell ppl about it for their first time.
05:50 PM on 02/14/13
shea34
User Info.
No, honestly I don't remember what I was doing last year. But I'm pretty sure this is my first time in the forums. I must just have one of those faces.
maybe it was jason. not sure.. and yes, must be one of those faces... :)
05:52 PM on 02/14/13
shea34
User Info.
I'd like to hear some success stories about overcoming depression or any kind of mental illness.

I've been struggling with depression ever since my early teens. It's frustrating when people always tell me that "I have no reason to be sad". Some of the reasons they tell me I have no reason to be sad are that I have a good job, go to college, I'm pretty (which I beg to differ about), and the like. I wish they could understand that these kinds of things are not cures for depression. Others have told me I seem ungrateful because I'm always sad, but I "appear" to have a good life. I'm tired of people making assumptions.

Anyway, I haven't been able to overcome depression at all within the last few years. I feel like antidepressants are my last resort; I've tried one so far but it did more harm than good. Does anyone believe it's possible to overcome depression caused by a chemical imbalance without medication? Has anyone?
it's not overcoming it, it's learning to live with it. i've lived with mine for 4 years now and im happy and successful. it can get better. and it will.
05:52 PM on 02/14/13
shea34
User Info.
she's fabulous! Everyone at TWLOHA seriously blows me away with how genuine and real they are. They are always so kind and helpful (:
agreed
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums