AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 11 posts.
05:02 PM on 02/14/13
TWLOHAchris
User Info.
Hello everyone!! We're excited to be chatting with you tonight. Thanks for joining us.
05:31 PM on 02/14/13
TWLOHAchris
User Info.
I absolutely love that you guys have this on Valentines Day

Thanks!! We're glad to do this every year and thankful you're joining us.

i want to get into being a motivational speaker! that's my life goal :)

Really?! Are your nerves made of steel because my stomach gets in knots at the thought of being in front of people haha.

I hope you don't mind I started playing "Heart Transplant" to our team after I saw this.

well, you guys will have to tell him i say hi. really. i saw him last year and got to meet him and have him talk to my best friend and he changed my life. i will be interning with you all someday...

You better be interning with us someday!! (Seriously, it's a blast here in Florida)

It's been a rough day because an old friend committed suicide earlier this week. His services were today, but I couldn't force myself to go. I feel like a major coward, but I don't think I'm ready for that step. No one saw it coming, which hurts more. What if someone had sent him a text that night? Or stopped by?

You're not a coward. There are many, many "what if" scenarios that will run through your mind for a long time. But you are not a coward. You will hurt and it will be hard to face the day and others. But you are not a coward. On behalf of all us here at TWLOHA, we're sorry for your loss and hope the days get easier as you move forward. Feel free to contact us via email at info@twloha.com.
05:33 PM on 02/14/13
TWLOHAchris
User Info.
Hello Miss Kelly : )
05:42 PM on 02/14/13
TWLOHAchris
User Info.
I am! Co-President of TWLOHA Grand Valley State! What UChapter are you with?

I didn't go to college, but I'm glad you guys are.

Hooray for TX! I used to be the President of the U of the Incarnate Word chapter in San Antonio. i transfered though and didn't have the time to start one at my new school :/ it was a lot of hard work, but worth it!

What was the best part about running a UChapter (for the potential future UChapter presidents on the forum)?

ASK!!
05:45 PM on 02/14/13
TWLOHAchris
User Info.
i still get so nervous but my drama teacher in high school told me that you always have a better performance if you are nervous :)
I hope that theory works out better for you than it did for me the first time I got up to speak in front of a group for TWLOHA four years ago and had to walk off stage within the first 30 seconds haha
05:50 PM on 02/14/13
TWLOHAchris
User Info.
YAY VALENTINE'S DAY.......

06:02 PM on 02/14/13
TWLOHAchris
User Info.
So I just want to put this out here; this chat last year is more or less the reason I'm still around. This chat had encouraged me to go get help, so now I'm on anti depressants, and I'm seeing a therapist, and my suicidal tendencies have more or less vanished.

so I would like to thank everyone in this chat, even if you werent here last year.

its people like you guys that make me want to choose happiness. :D

This is awesome. Last year was the only chat I've missed since we started doing these and I'm so glad to hear it was such a great experience for you. Seriously, congratulations on where you're at. We're glad you're alive. Thanks for being here.

This thread needs more gifs.

Tell me what gif would you like to see and I will attempt to deliver. (SFW, please)
06:13 PM on 02/14/13
TWLOHAchris
User Info.
Hi there :) My depression really popped up when my freshman year in college (I'm in my mid-20s now). I feel you. You've told my life story with that post, often times my friends don't even realize that I'm struggling with something like this because I've taken to hiding it.
I really don't want to medicate, partially because of insurance, and partially for personal reasons. I did see a counselor my last year in school, as it was free for students. The lady I saw was wonderful, and recommended a few books since I was going to graduate soon, so see if there is a counselor or someone like that for you. I've also lately started hiking. Never had much time for hobbies in the past, and I'm not the most athletic person, but I've found that getting out on a trail and wandering does great things for me. Little hikes, like 2 hours round trip. But literally climbing a mountain is a cool feeling and instantly makes my day better.
Not saying there's a magical cure for depression, but there are ways to deal with it. I still have days where all I want to do is lie in bed and stare at the ceiling. But I also have days where I climb mountains, and that's what gets me through :)

This is awesome. Thanks for taking the time to share that. I hope the days of wanting to lie in bed all day become less and less and hiking becomes more and more. Thanks for being here : )
06:34 PM on 02/14/13
TWLOHAchris
User Info.
TWLOHA staff,

Thank you for all that you do. I have been a supporter of TWLOHA ever since I was sent a friend request by them about five years ago. I wouldn't be who I am today without the organization! I have love tattooed on my right wrist as a reminder to share the message of love, hope and rescue! I proudly support this organization and am beyond excited to see what you guys have in store. :)

You guys rock!
-Alaine Spengler

You're awesome!! Thanks for sharing those kind words. They mean tons to us sitting around here on our computers tonight : ) We're glad you're here. Send us a photo of your tattoo!!

I love TWLOHA. After my brother's suicide, it was definitely a resource I turned to. I'm happy to say with lots of encouragements and prayers, I am now a family counselor working with at risk youth. I absolutely love my job and TWLOHA encourages and inspires me everyday to do all I can to help those who have trusted me enough to ask for help :)

We're incredibly sorry for the loss of your brother, but amazed at your resolve and the path it lead you down. Thank you for being here. Thank you for sharing your words. And thank you for doing what you do. You're changing lives daily and that's an amazing thing.
06:57 PM on 02/14/13
TWLOHAchris
User Info.
I'm just wondering if TWLOHA is Christian? A lot of things said reflect Christ... just curious

Please excuse the formal reply, but this should answer your question better than I can on my own: We're not a Christian organization. Although there are people on staff who are Christian and even some Christian elements in the original story, this is an organization for all people. Because we believe issues like addiction, depression, self-injury, and suicide affect everyone, we are an organization for everyone, regardless of age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, race, ability, nationality, or other demographical differences. As an organization, we aim to be inclusive and inviting for everyone.

I found TWLOHA by researching self harm. I read the story, and ordered my first shirt.
Then it started following me around.
Not many people I know, know about it.
But it was definitely a pivotal thing in my life.

When I wear the merch, its like a reminder that I don't need to do it.

I have 'Fuckup' carved into my left arm, and have always wanted to get a tattoo of 'love' over it...

We're glad our merch represents that for you. It's incredible that so many people can be connected through a shirt or a wristband. They've been able to weave stories together for the last seven years, and we're thankful you're a part of that.

this may be a stupid question, but i've heard from a handful of people now that they've met jamie and/or other people affiliated with heavy & light on the tour this year. i was at h&l last year and didn't take notice of it, but is there a certain place or some organized thing for this or is it just by chance?

It's just by chance. He's pretty tall, so it's kind of hard to miss him : )

so how do you guys help 'self harmers'?

We have resources available on our website TWLOHA.com, as well as challenge the stigma surrounding those who self-harm. We also invest into treatment and recovery for those who are dealing with the issues we talk about. Beyond that, we believe in the power of words and try to share stories of others who have experienced the good and bad days of these issues and where they are now. We're about to wrap up this chat, but if you have anymore questions, please email us: info@twloha.com
07:27 PM on 02/14/13
TWLOHAchris
User Info.
This has been great. Thank you to everyone who joined us tonight. Please email info@twloha.com if you have anymore questions that we didn't get to.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS