AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Every Time I Die News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Show Review: Every Time I Die (Portland, OR)

Posted by - 01:01 PM on 02/15/13
I went to go see Every Time I Die last night in Portland, OR, alongside some other great bands like The Acacia Strain. You can read my review here.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 21
01:19 PM on 02/15/13
KarlAnthonyyy
I am selfish it seems
User Info.
Jake, are you going to Coheed this Sunday?
01:56 PM on 02/15/13
TylerHartman
User Info.
See the lead singer of Hundredth be a huge dick to EVERYBODY? Sad, considering his band is supposed to be all about the positive.

Vanna was excellent. Best I've ever seen any version of that lineup.

My lady (a non metal fan, who just loves ETID) got a concussion during The Acacia Strain...never been a fan of them.

ETID, as always, puts on the greatest show ever. So much energy. So much fun. Great night.
02:02 PM on 02/15/13
TheModernAge
User Info.
I saw them in Denver last weekend and it was great. Super energetic crowd and the band was fantastic. Jordan Buckley spit water that went into my mouth though, which was kinda gross so I'd only give the show a 9.2/10 instead of a 9.5/10.
02:26 PM on 02/15/13
ZachMadeMeOdd
<("<) ^( " )^ (>")>
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
See the lead singer of Hundredth be a huge dick to EVERYBODY? Sad, considering his band is supposed to be all about the positive.

Vanna was excellent. Best I've ever seen any version of that lineup.

My lady (a non metal fan, who just loves ETID) got a concussion during The Acacia Strain...never been a fan of them.

ETID, as always, puts on the greatest show ever. So much energy. So much fun. Great night.

In reference to your comment about Hundredth, that guy has always come off kinda snide in my opinion.
02:39 PM on 02/15/13
Arry
apreeesh
User Info.
I remember seeing ETID during the portland warped... Jordan forced himself to puke off the front of the stage, then continued to play We'rewolf. BA. Now I'm regretting missing them in Seattle.
02:57 PM on 02/15/13
iseejosh
Registered Member
User Info.
I've been to countless heavy/metal shows but I am a little nervous attending an Acacia Strain show in a little dive bar in Miami next week. Oh well, shit happens. It'll all be worth it leaving there knowing I saw ETID and Vanna both in one night.
03:07 PM on 02/15/13
Jake Denning
User Info.
I remember seeing ETID during the portland warped... Jordan forced himself to puke off the front of the stage, then continued to play We'rewolf. BA. Now I'm regretting missing them in Seattle.
I remember Andy punching someone's lights out during Portland warped 2010. BA-BAM!
03:10 PM on 02/15/13
Jake Denning
User Info.
Jake, are you going to Coheed this Sunday?
Sorry, no! However, I'll be back in town for Terror, Bane, Backtrack, Code Orange Kids, and Young Turks. HOOOOOOOOLY CRAP.

I've heard good things about Coheed's performances, so have an excellent time.
04:03 PM on 02/15/13
iAMhollyood315
Rest is for the dead
User Info.
This band probably in my top 3 favorites, I can't wait until they play my city in a month. the anticipation is gonna kill me. Syracuse is like a second home to them after all the times they've played here starting out and such. I'm interested too to see how Vanna is with their new lineup solidified and Acacia i've seen plenty of times so i expect that to be wild.

also does anyone else think its strange for Rise records to be shelling out $ for bands to tour in a bus when they aren't headlining. I heard Acacia has a bus and i know ETID is touring in a van. meanwhile Memphis May Fire has a gigantic bus with their logo on it when For Today had a van and trailer. I know Rise has deep pockets but still....
04:11 PM on 02/15/13
TypicalMiracle
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I've been to countless heavy/metal shows but I am a little nervous attending an Acacia Strain show in a little dive bar in Miami next week. Oh well, shit happens. It'll all be worth it leaving there knowing I saw ETID and Vanna both in one night.
I'll be there! Do you know if Grand Central allows stage diving? Everywhere ETID usually plays down here it's banned.
04:16 PM on 02/15/13
Jake Denning
User Info.
This band probably in my top 3 favorites, I can't wait until they play my city in a month. the anticipation is gonna kill me. Syracuse is like a second home to them after all the times they've played here starting out and such. I'm interested too to see how Vanna is with their new lineup solidified and Acacia i've seen plenty of times so i expect that to be wild.

also does anyone else think its strange for Rise records to be shelling out $ for bands to tour in a bus when they aren't headlining. I heard Acacia has a bus and i know ETID is touring in a van. meanwhile Memphis May Fire has a gigantic bus with their logo on it when For Today had a van and trailer. I know Rise has deep pockets but still....
While it is a fact that Rise Records does an exceptional job taking care of their roster, note that The Acacia Strain did not have a bus, they have a Bandwagon. A Bandwagon is like a bus, but smaller, definitely much more modest.

Oh, and you're gonna have an excellent time. WOO!
04:22 PM on 02/15/13
TylerHartman
User Info.
Sorry, no! However, I'll be back in town for Terror, Bane, Backtrack, Code Orange Kids, and Young Turks. HOOOOOOOOLY CRAP.

I've heard good things about Coheed's performances, so have an excellent time.
I can't believe that show is at Backspace...such a small space for something that insane.
04:23 PM on 02/15/13
Jake Denning
User Info.
I can't believe that show is at Backspace...such a small space for something that insane.
Yeah, I don't expect them to touch the stage. Oh well.
04:35 PM on 02/15/13
iseejosh
Registered Member
User Info.
I'll be there! Do you know if Grand Central allows stage diving? Everywhere ETID usually plays down here it's banned.
I have no clue! I've never been to grand central! But I don't see how they can avoid it with this show.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos