Username
Password
Property of Zack News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 190.
12:30 PM on 02/15/13
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
I don't think that's the point though ... I think it's the bands within this scene that are seen as classic albums, not the mainstream. The ones that in 10 years we'll be talking about like we do "Deja" and "Futures" and "is a Real Boy ..." now.
I get that part, but I still don't feel like the Menzingers album will hit that status really, but i guess that's just from my viewpoint
12:31 PM on 02/15/13
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
Japandroids, Bon Iver, Phoenix, Gaslight Anthem, Young the Giant(?), The National, Frank Turner, Radiohead, My Chem.

Some others off the top of my head that I think have a good shelf life.
I'd agree with basically that whole list
jdr277
I got a lion in my pocket I'm lying
User Info.
I've only heard Masterpiece Theater, their new one pretty good?
I enjoyed it a lot. It's a bit poppier and more mainstream but definitely a fun listen.
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
Japandroids, Bon Iver, Phoenix, Gaslight Anthem, Young the Giant(?), The National, Frank Turner, Radiohead, My Chem.

Some others off the top of my head that I think have a good shelf life.
Which My Chem record?
Jason Tate
User Info.
I enjoyed it a lot. It's a bit poppier and more mainstream but definitely a fun listen.
For what it is ... I would absolutely agree ... it's well done.
brook183
Leave the lunchmeat for the sharks
User Info.
the only one remotely close to being remembered in 7 years is fun.
Yep.
12:32 PM on 02/15/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
I was thinking "The Black Parade" ... which I now realize is 7 years old, what the fuck happened to time!?
12:33 PM on 02/15/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
I get that part, but I still don't feel like the Menzingers album will hit that status really, but i guess that's just from my viewpoint
Maybe. I hope it does - in a lot of ways - because it's that damn good.

I think it may be one of those cult classic albums. Like, if you know it - you know it - and no one else has any idea what the fuck you're talking about.
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
I was thinking "The Black Parade" ... which I now realize is 7 years old, what the fuck happened to time!?
Haha, exactly. We started the list at 2010. Man, I was only 12 when Black Parade came out?
brook183
Leave the lunchmeat for the sharks
User Info.
Frank Ocean and Kendrick will be most remembered from 2012 mainstream-wise.
12:35 PM on 02/15/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
Frank Ocean and Kendrick will be most remembered from 2012 mainstream-wise.
Fun, hands down, has 2012 locked up. "We Are The Young" was the biggest song of the year.
jdr277
I got a lion in my pocket I'm lying
User Info.
I'd say Japandroid - CR, Frank Turner - EKMB, Fleet Foxes - Helplessness Blues, Mansions - Dig Up Your Dead, Portugal. The Man - In The Mountains In The Clouds. I know it's soon but I'd throw Frightened Rabbit - Pedestrian Verse in there too it is just brilliant start to finish.
positiv-o
throwing punches at ocean waves
User Info.
Out of these on the list, I really only agree with Separation. It honestly is still as fresh as it was the first time I listened it. Their next releases are going to be huge just based on hype alone. But if their newest split is any indication, the next album could easily be considered a "classic" in a few years too.

Some Nights definitely has potential staying power but at the same time I think it depends on their next move. They have tons of "newer" fans from this album who I think will be looking for the same sound again. Personally I love Aim & Ignite, I think that album would fit way better on a classics list. That album is nearly perfect, I still love it and listen to it all the time.

Staying power is what I think makes a classic.
12:36 PM on 02/15/13
Erik the Orange
What do they know about friends?
User Info.
In our scene I bet Horrible Crowes and Menzingers are remembered.

The others ... meh ... the others I could see like Mest, the "remember those guys" bands.
It's kind of like how we celebrate "Sticks and Stones" or "Tell All Your Friends." Most are going to be remembered in our scene, but not so much by mainstream audiences.
12:37 PM on 02/15/13
AussieBoy
User Info.
The upsides and wonder years are most overrated album and band of the last 10years
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests