Password
Property of Zack News - Page 4
Displaying posts 45 - 60 of 190.
12:52 PM on 02/15/13
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
I don't think so. But that's just me.

It is just you. That album is easily one of the best heavy albums (all around albums for me) to come out in a long time. Every second of it oozes classic.

This whole concept is going to be very relative based on one's tastes obviously. I love maybe 1/2 of those entires but BMTH is the only classic for me. Such a shame with fun. though. Really sick of hearing them. I agree with the person who said Marianas Trench's Ever After would be a classic.
12:52 PM on 02/15/13
jdr277
I got a lion in my pocket I'm lying
User Info.
That album's so good it makes other music so far look pathetic.

I agree. First album purchase of the year so far and the only one that I'm certain will make my AOTY list (prob top 5). It was everything I expected from a FR album but the flow is flawless, it never drags, and there isn't a bad song in the bunch, Today's Cross is awesome too! Who's reviewing it?
12:53 PM on 02/15/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
It is just you. That album is easily one of the best heavy albums (all around albums for me) to come out in a long time. Every second of it oozes classic.

This whole concept is going to be very relative based on one's tastes obviously. I love maybe 1/2 of those entires but BMTH is the only classic for me. I agree with the person who said Marianas Trench's MT would be a classic.

Ok.
12:55 PM on 02/15/13
ConnorPOZ
User Info.
That album sort of marks when I began to be a "loser" in school. Everyone started moving past liking blink, and I was like, fuck yeah MCR and TBS! "You emo ***" = the most popular way to insult for me about five years
Did you seriously like My Chem? I didn't remember that.
12:56 PM on 02/15/13
WeltallAY
User Info.
Serious question, have you even listened to the whole thing? I feel like even the most hardened critic could find something to enjoy about that album.
12:56 PM on 02/15/13
xHoodieWeather
I Just Want To Sell Out My Funeral
User Info.
Unfortunately due to the current Fan basethe upsides will go down as a fad. I think Menz, Fun., and Separation are definitely justified. Can't see Listen And Forgive become a classic. Most of these bands are far too young to peak. To me, Listen And Forgive is still pre-clarity for transit much like Upsides is still "Nothing Gold Can Stay". Separation, on the other hand, is much like Your Favorite weapon in that it is a strong release, but I truly believe the band can put it to shame.
12:58 PM on 02/15/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
Serious question, have you even listened to the whole thing? I feel like even the most hardened critic could find something to enjoy about that album.

Yes. "Ex-Lives" is the last hard album I really loved.
12:58 PM on 02/15/13
Stephin_DC
Registered Member
User Info.
Am I the only one thinks the The Upsides is pretty bland?
I like the idea behind it, but Suburbia is better than it in almost every single way.
12:59 PM on 02/15/13
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
the only one remotely close to being remembered in 7 years is fun.
this.
01:01 PM on 02/15/13
WeltallAY
User Info.
Yes. "Ex-Lives" is the last hard album I really loved.
Ah, I see. That surprises me a bit, with all the diversity on that CD. ETID has gotten stale for me but to each their own.
01:04 PM on 02/15/13
EndlessPrisoner
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
What?! Haha. Yes it did.
http://www.metacritic.com/music/some-nights/fun

I wouldn't say that at all.

edit: well, let me rephrase myself. seemed to get as much negative as positive, but as a whole, it really wasn't close to one of the most acclaimed records of the year.
01:04 PM on 02/15/13
ConnorPOZ
User Info.
Am I the only one thinks the The Upsides is pretty bland?
I like the idea behind it, but Suburbia is better than it in almost every single way.
I wouldnt say I think Upsides is bland, but I get what you're saying. Suburbia was a better album, however I think the Upsides will go down as more "classic" or whatever than Suburbia. That whole "I'm Not Sad Anymore" motif in the album is huge among that scene.
01:05 PM on 02/15/13
ConnorPOZ
User Info.
Metacritic average does not equal critical reaction. Ever.
01:06 PM on 02/15/13
EndlessPrisoner
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Metacritic average does not equal critical reaction. Ever.
I would say that the record got as much negative reception from large media outlets as it did positive. Not to mention that on pretty much every site I read other than this one, as well as the more musically inclined people that i usually hang around, the band is pretty hated.
01:07 PM on 02/15/13
Jason Tate
User Info.

21 reviews? Small sample size.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles