Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 4 posts.
12:20 AM on 02/17/13
slimfenix182
Registered Member
User Info.
Obviously without Trav the performance / show won't be as good, that's a given.
Having said that, the fact that Australia gets to see Blink, I'm sure those fans will be grateful that they're going over there to begin with, especially since some of the most recent dates (months ago...) were Mark & Tom doing acoustic stuff... (although they did play Wasting Time at one date, which rules.)

overall, obviously a bummer no Trav but he has always said since it happened that he wouldn't fly and that's understandable.
John Madden never flew either after an incident - he always rode on an NFL bus to the Monday night football game to broadcast.

if there's anything to be bummed about, it's the fact that we here in America aren't seeing Blink when that would make my life and probably some of yours, a lot better than it is right now. haha.

and yes, I bought Tom's surf green fender 1 pickup guitar. gets a good sound depending on the amp.

- Gunz

pretty sure those acoustic vids were like 2 song mid-encore type deals.. Travis was there
01:17 AM on 02/17/13
slimfenix182
Registered Member
User Info.
This.

Us Aussie fans aren't frustrated at his very understandable reluctance to fly, but to announce this three days before the first show is poor form.

Yes, we are absolutely stoked that Mark and Tom are still making the trip over; with an awesome stand-in drummer. But it's a tough pill to swallow in such a short time.

if it's so last minute than I assume the guy did everything he could to work on the fear and had every intention to get on a plane but just decided he couldn't go through with it. Seriously doubt ship schedules have anything to do with it and doubt they've been sitting on this for weeks. I don't really think "poor form" applies here but I'm just speculating obviously.
03:32 PM on 02/17/13
slimfenix182
Registered Member
User Info.
You guys in Australia should probably get a refund, I don't know what you're gonna do without Travis' stage banter.... Oh wait.

Reading the FB comments astounds me, I always thought the YouTube comment section was the internet cesspool. Not anymore I guess.
04:21 PM on 02/17/13
slimfenix182
Registered Member
User Info.
I hope some bad Facebook comments don't make Australia look bad. Just a few lowies who wouldn't have the balls to ask the promotor for a refund face to face or even on a phone

Most ppl I know who are going are disappointed by completely understand.

Lol America has quite its' share of entitled douchebags, I doubt anybody's saying "Damn, Australia sucks" cause of FB. Bunch of trolls with nothing better to do on there.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums