AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Blink 182 News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 114.
12:27 AM on 02/17/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
I completely understand him not wanting to fly, but on a professional level, it seems like very poor planning. He's known about this tour long enough to find another means of transportation over there. But who knows, like the person said above me, apparently no ship schedule matched up. It just seems possible that he knew for some time that he wasn't going make it over there to be making such a last minute announcement.

... or he was tryin this entire time to find a way.
12:30 AM on 02/17/13
timkemm
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
... or he was tryin this entire time to find a way.
As the flight he was supposed to be on departed today, I think he had every intention to fly over, just when the push came to shove he couldn't bring himself to get on board, otherwise I'm sure they would have made an earlier announcement.
12:42 AM on 02/17/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
As the flight he was supposed to be on departed today, I think he had every intention to fly over, just when the push came to shove he couldn't bring himself to get on board, otherwise I'm sure they would have made an earlier announcement.

Yeah, I could see that as well -- I don't think there was any deception on the bands part with this one.

I genuinely believe he wanted to try and make it.
12:43 AM on 02/17/13
Mrk_Brdshw
User Info.

That's how I took it. He had talked for a while about wanting to overcome his fear of flying because his kids were also terrified. He contemplated getting drugged and put on the plane, but personally, if I went through the things that he went through, I would be extremely worried that I would have a panic attack when waking up from the drugs.

On the bright side, Brooks is a crazy good drummer. One of the only dudes in this genre that can easily handle Travis' work. So... these shows should still be amazing.
12:54 AM on 02/17/13
DeeEee1985
The Loveable Twonk
User Info.
To confirm, for the European tour he got a boat across the Atlantic. True story.
But fair play, I'll be interested to see how blink-182 perform with a different drummer in the ranks because Travis is outstanding. Here's hoping he'll one day get over those fears, something so traumatic must scar so deep.
01:05 AM on 02/17/13
blinko_
wasting time.
User Info.
I completely understand him not wanting to fly, but on a professional level, it seems like very poor planning. He's known about this tour long enough to find another means of transportation over there. But who knows, like the person said above me, apparently no ship schedule matched up. It just seems possible that he knew for some time that he wasn't going make it over there to be making such a last minute announcement.

Still gonna be a fun and great experience for Australian fans and for Mark and Tom as well. I'm sure Travis is bummed as well, but he's got such a supportive fan base that'll keep him in their hearts during the shows.

This.

Us Aussie fans aren't frustrated at his very understandable reluctance to fly, but to announce this three days before the first show is poor form.

Yes, we are absolutely stoked that Mark and Tom are still making the trip over; with an awesome stand-in drummer. But it's a tough pill to swallow in such a short time.
01:17 AM on 02/17/13
slimfenix182
Registered Member
User Info.
This.

Us Aussie fans aren't frustrated at his very understandable reluctance to fly, but to announce this three days before the first show is poor form.

Yes, we are absolutely stoked that Mark and Tom are still making the trip over; with an awesome stand-in drummer. But it's a tough pill to swallow in such a short time.

if it's so last minute than I assume the guy did everything he could to work on the fear and had every intention to get on a plane but just decided he couldn't go through with it. Seriously doubt ship schedules have anything to do with it and doubt they've been sitting on this for weeks. I don't really think "poor form" applies here but I'm just speculating obviously.
01:20 AM on 02/17/13
FallenEmpyr
User Info.
Was really shocked when I first read this but when I thought about it I wasn't really surprised, really sad to hear though. So are they officially using a fill-in drummer?
01:29 AM on 02/17/13
Sloth7
Kitton Mittons
User Info.
If they were just patient and waited until the Earth's plates fully shifted one day, they wouldn't even need to fly to Australia.
01:36 AM on 02/17/13
danperez
User Info.
He was in a plane crash where his best friend died. Enough said.
01:55 AM on 02/17/13
jakeisthebest
I'm just a fucked up kid
User Info.
wait did he do the UK tour? then my last post doesn't make as much sense.
but if I recall, I think mark and tom were over there before him.. even though mark does have a place there;
so maybe he did take a ship over.

He was definitely there when I saw them last July, he has to be the best live drummer I've ever seen.
02:19 AM on 02/17/13
Geology Rocks!
Why are you so afraid?
User Info.
Obviously without Trav the performance / show won't be as good, that's a given.
Having said that, the fact that Australia gets to see Blink, I'm sure those fans will be grateful that they're going over there to begin with, especially since some of the most recent dates (months ago...) were Mark & Tom doing acoustic stuff... (although they did play Wasting Time at one date, which rules.)

overall, obviously a bummer no Trav but he has always said since it happened that he wouldn't fly and that's understandable.

John Madden never flew either after an incident - he always rode on an NFL bus to the Monday night football game to broadcast.

if there's anything to be bummed about, it's the fact that we here in America aren't seeing Blink when that would make my life and probably some of yours, a lot better than it is right now. haha.

and yes, I bought Tom's surf green fender 1 pickup guitar. gets a good sound depending on the amp.

- Gunz

Exactly. Blink hasn't taken a tour to Perth since the early 2000s, so any way that Perth can see Blink is a blessing.

This.

He wasn't going to make the decision until the week before, this has always been the case. He was exploring getting knocked out for the flight/s, and he was getting all the help possible.

Baby steps though. He'll get there, eventually. Hopefully.
02:39 AM on 02/17/13
oneATEtwo
User Info.
People on facebook demanding refunds as if travis isnt even lucky to be alive right now.

Has every right to make the call either 6 months out or 6 minutes..
03:03 AM on 02/17/13
Alligator Blood
/////////////////
User Info.
Obviously without Trav the performance / show won't be as good, that's a given.
Having said that, the fact that Australia gets to see Blink, I'm sure those fans will be grateful that they're going over there to begin with, especially since some of the most recent dates (months ago...) were Mark & Tom doing acoustic stuff... (although they did play Wasting Time at one date, which rules.)

overall, obviously a bummer no Trav but he has always said since it happened that he wouldn't fly and that's understandable.
John Madden never flew either after an incident - he always rode on an NFL bus to the Monday night football game to broadcast.

if there's anything to be bummed about, it's the fact that we here in America aren't seeing Blink when that would make my life and probably some of yours, a lot better than it is right now. haha.

and yes, I bought Tom's surf green fender 1 pickup guitar. gets a good sound depending on the amp.

- Gunz

I was at the gig where they played Wasting Time. It was incredible!
03:04 AM on 02/17/13
luqmanhakim
Registered Member
User Info.
Poor dude.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives