Username
Password
Blink 182 News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 114.
03:06 AM on 02/17/13
vivatoto56
EB was left out
User Info.
People on facebook demanding refunds as if travis isnt even lucky to be alive right now.

Has every right to make the call either 6 months out or 6 minutes..
I wish they didn't breathe the same air as sane people.
03:11 AM on 02/17/13
Djentleman
User Info.
wonder if they'll play everything at a normal pace\speed since Travis won't be there
03:20 AM on 02/17/13
anamericangod
User Info.
Really unfortunate, but totally understandable.

It's a shame seeing so many comments as insensitive as they are. Like somebody said, Travis is lucky to be alive.
03:31 AM on 02/17/13
SilenceBrokenTT
Here I am alive...
User Info.
So what happens if his next boat trip gets stuck like Carnival.
03:32 AM on 02/17/13
AaronTZK
User Info.
i love the guy, i think he should fly.
03:39 AM on 02/17/13
caveBEAR
( ω )
User Info.
oh hey guys, aaron thinks travis should just fly. don't worry though, he loves travis.
03:54 AM on 02/17/13
OldSchoolReason
User Info.
I bet if the "fans" complaining wore blindfolds the entire time, they would have no idea Travis wasn't there (not short-changing Travis, but Brooks is a damn good drummer). Maybe we should wish blindness on those people who are asking for refunds??
04:18 AM on 02/17/13
ConnorSteed
Empty Fate Just Means An Even Score
User Info.
this is one of those moments i feel extremely grateful to live in the US. All you Aussies... MERCA RULEZ!
04:19 AM on 02/17/13
katietheskatie
walking on a wire on the ground
User Info.
This.

Us Aussie fans aren't frustrated at his very understandable reluctance to fly, but to announce this three days before the first show is poor form.

Yes, we are absolutely stoked that Mark and Tom are still making the trip over; with an awesome stand-in drummer. But it's a tough pill to swallow in such a short time.
all of this. i'm still grateful that he even considered it in the first place, but it still feels shitty that this is the first time they have toured australia in nearly ten years when they probably will never come back here, and it just seems incomplete. a bunch of friends and i are going to their show on friday (as well as soundwave on saturday) and i know several of them weren't planning on going when travis said he wasn't coming, dropped $100 on a ticket when he said he was, and now it's only a few days away. the timing sucks.

i don't blame him though. i wouldn't fucking get on a plane after watching everyone else bar one friend on a plane die, then having that friend die a short time after. that's some final destination shit right there.
05:49 AM on 02/17/13
Greg
User Info.
Everyone bitching needs to commit mass suicide. You're such assholes.
06:03 AM on 02/17/13
3GunGaz
Claret and Blue
User Info.
Completely understandable - you can't blame him.

It won't be the full experience but at least Australia are getting to see blink in some form.

I guess Scott was busy?
06:06 AM on 02/17/13
Nimrod95
without title since 1769
User Info.
Totally understandable for Travis. But I feel sorry for the people in Australia, although Brooks Wackerman is also like my favorite drummer.
06:06 AM on 02/17/13
3GunGaz
Claret and Blue
User Info.
Also I'd suggest to the people complaining about the late announcement - I would assume he's been trying his best to overcome that fear right up until the last minute. Who knows, he might have thought he was there only to realise he can't do it a few days ago... You're understandably upset, but that's no reason to be an ignorant moron.
06:07 AM on 02/17/13
brent_ster
My Dinosaur Life
User Info.
Was really shocked when I first read this but when I thought about it I wasn't really surprised, really sad to hear though. So are they officially using a fill-in drummer?
"The trip to Australia was planned during our European tour last summer. The band knew the chances of Travis overcoming his fear of flying, which was magnified after the horrible plane crash in 2008, would be a challenge, but we wanted to play for our fans in Australia nonetheless. The three of us tried all measures to get us all there in full form. Travis has been working to overcome his fear of flying. Since we now know we have to make the trip without Travis our friend Brooks Wackerman (Bad Religion, Tenacious D) has stepped in. We love our fans in Australia so canceling was not an option so we still plan to come and play some kick ass shows. Mark, Tom, and Travis"

From there Facebook, and posted in the news post.
06:14 AM on 02/17/13
Anthony Lutz
nextstoptheolympics.tumbl r.com
User Info.
I would be scared shitless too after what happened to him! It's one thing to have a fear when nothing has happened to you, but when you've lived through it, that takes it to a whole other level.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums