AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Blink 182 News - Page 8
Displaying posts 105 - 114 of 114.
09:16 PM on 02/17/13
harveyn590
User Info.
Obviously without Trav the performance / show won't be as good, that's a given.
Having said that, the fact that Australia gets to see Blink, I'm sure those fans will be grateful that they're going over there to begin with, especially since some of the most recent dates (months ago...) were Mark & Tom doing acoustic stuff... (although they did play Wasting Time at one date, which rules.)

overall, obviously a bummer no Trav but he has always said since it happened that he wouldn't fly and that's understandable.
John Madden never flew either after an incident - he always rode on an NFL bus to the Monday night football game to broadcast.

if there's anything to be bummed about, it's the fact that we here in America aren't seeing Blink when that would make my life and probably some of yours, a lot better than it is right now. haha.

and yes, I bought Tom's surf green fender 1 pickup guitar. gets a good sound depending on the amp.

- Gunz
lol the tom guitar, wanted that so bad back in the day. props for following through
01:05 AM on 02/18/13
panties_nz
halfyearsun
User Info.
coming from nz

still excited
01:11 AM on 02/18/13
rob18244
born and raised.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'm completely curious to see how the show will sound without Travis.

I also agree with some people on here saying that he had every intention to fly - but when it came to it he just couldn't.

Great drummer, great man - and he has my utmost respect for ever contemplating it. Hopefully one day he beats his fears.

blink-182 forever.
01:22 AM on 02/18/13
BattlefieldFan1
User Info.
I used to date an Australian. I feel no sympathy for them. lol
07:46 AM on 02/18/13
sharpie_77
I am on the mend.
User Info.
I completely understand him not wanting to fly, but on a professional level, it seems like very poor planning. He's known about this tour long enough to find another means of transportation over there. But who knows, like the person said above me, apparently no ship schedule matched up. It just seems possible that he knew for some time that he wasn't going make it over there to be making such a last minute announcement.

Still gonna be a fun and great experience for Australian fans and for Mark and Tom as well. I'm sure Travis is bummed as well, but he's got such a supportive fan base that'll keep him in their hearts during the shows.
Agreed.
09:49 AM on 02/18/13
Gaugzilla
and one head can never die
User Info.
It would actually be pretty cool to see Blink with a fill-in. Especially one who's this good.

Agreed. I think it would be sweet to be one of the few to see Blink play with someone other than Travis. It's not like he's a big talker or anything.

Australia will never see Travis Barker... 1st off, the only ship heading over there left January 5th. 29 days later
it arrived in Sydney. Two weeks after that the tour was to begin. After that.. ride home? Yeah not happening. Cargo ships? Don't those go to China?? He needs a private yacht or anything outside the US & Europe is never happening again. The flight from LAX to Sydney is fairly easy too. Airbus380, the biggest / most sturdiest airfcraft ever made. You can barely feel it lifting off the ground and it's so quiet on board you don't know you're in the air. He could have easily been knocked out for this and it's at night too so... just an extended nights rest. Private jet was also an option but that's a stretch asking him to board one of those again. Once there, a tour bus with double drivers gets him all the way to Adelaide on schedule. Perth.. yeah that's not happening. Cancel this show and just let Blink play the 1st six. That was the only way to do it. Then knock him out Melbourne back to LAX, done deal. That's what should have been done. Kinda lame to the fans to announce so late too, I'm sure this has been known for weeks/months.

It sucks that this 7 date tour by them was only that. Auckland, Wellingon, Manila, Singapore, Hong Kong, Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur, Seoul, Taipei, Osaka, Nagoya, Tokyo, Honoulu... Times those 13 cities by 10,000 paying kids. South America & South Africa too...Sao Paulo, Rio, Porto Alegre, Buenos Aires, Santiago, Mexico City, Guadalajara, Monterrey, Cape Town, Johannesburg, Dubai... The list goes on and on of Arenas they will never fill again. And I truly think this band goes from Honda Center on the reunion, Gibson Amphitheater now, and Hollywood Palladium if Travis were to not be in this band anymore. 60% Travis, 30% Tom, 10% Mark. (sorry Mark)

So ya, it will be interesting to see what lies ahead for Blink-182 in the next five years. Travis really needs to overcome his fear of flying, even with the creepy final destination deal hanging over his head. You can't just keep touring North America and Europe for the rest of you're life, or maybe you can cuz you already have 80 million dollars.

This is the dumbest post. Also, please tell of this drug that knocks you out for 16 hours straight.
12:47 PM on 02/18/13
Rysker6
I am not Tom Delonge
User Info.
Should still be good, I mean, Brooks is a great drummer.
10:41 PM on 02/19/13
zacharyzblewski
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Australia will never see Travis Barker... 1st off, the only ship heading over there left January 5th. 29 days later
it arrived in Sydney. Two weeks after that the tour was to begin. After that.. ride home? Yeah not happening. Cargo ships? Don't those go to China?? He needs a private yacht or anything outside the US & Europe is never happening again. The flight from LAX to Sydney is fairly easy too. Airbus380, the biggest / most sturdiest airfcraft ever made. You can barely feel it lifting off the ground and it's so quiet on board you don't know you're in the air. He could have easily been knocked out for this and it's at night too so... just an extended nights rest. Private jet was also an option but that's a stretch asking him to board one of those again. Once there, a tour bus with double drivers gets him all the way to Adelaide on schedule. Perth.. yeah that's not happening. Cancel this show and just let Blink play the 1st six. That was the only way to do it. Then knock him out Melbourne back to LAX, done deal. That's what should have been done. Kinda lame to the fans to announce so late too, I'm sure this has been known for weeks/months.

It sucks that this 7 date tour by them was only that. Auckland, Wellingon, Manila, Singapore, Hong Kong, Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur, Seoul, Taipei, Osaka, Nagoya, Tokyo, Honoulu... Times those 13 cities by 10,000 paying kids. South America & South Africa too...Sao Paulo, Rio, Porto Alegre, Buenos Aires, Santiago, Mexico City, Guadalajara, Monterrey, Cape Town, Johannesburg, Dubai... The list goes on and on of Arenas they will never fill again. And I truly think this band goes from Honda Center on the reunion, Gibson Amphitheater now, and Hollywood Palladium if Travis were to not be in this band anymore. 60% Travis, 30% Tom, 10% Mark. (sorry Mark)

So ya, it will be interesting to see what lies ahead for Blink-182 in the next five years. Travis really needs to overcome his fear of flying, even with the creepy final destination deal hanging over his head. You can't just keep touring North America and Europe for the rest of you're life, or maybe you can cuz you already have 80 million dollars.
... They can drive to South America.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News