Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 56.
10:35 PM on 02/17/13
Brandon Allin
Stay Ready
User Info.
Will always enjoy this band.
10:35 PM on 02/17/13
ChaseTx
I remember reading in the Butch Walker autobiography that these guys got bummed out of a lot of royalties by their label and publishing company so the fact that they can't afford to finance themselves and the families that they all now have is no real surprise :(
They all live in my area. They do alright, they're an independent band now though
11:57 PM on 02/17/13
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I remember reading in the Butch Walker autobiography that these guys got bummed out of a lot of royalties by their label and publishing company so the fact that they can't afford to finance themselves and the families that they all now have is no real surprise :(

I mean, they didn't even write their biggest song... There guys certainly aren't making the big bucks, it's expensive to self release an album. People seem to think if you have a ixolld
11:59 PM on 02/17/13
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

I mean, they didn't even write their biggest song... There guys certainly aren't making the big bucks, it's expensive to self release an album. People seem to think if you have a radio hit or two from 2002 You're set for life. Not the case.
04:02 AM on 02/18/13
InvaderPhantom
User Info.
I will always enjoy this band, no matter how childish and stupid their songs actually are. A Hangover You Don't Deserve is one of my favorite pop punk albums ever. I also enjoyed their latest album Fishin For Woos. They're always fun and I bet they're a blast live (too bad they never come to Europe except the UK).
04:47 AM on 02/18/13
jakeisthebest
I'm just a fucked up kid
User Info.
People who are anti kickstarter, pledgemusic etc. are clearly those who illegally download music, as you obviously do not realise how little money bands have. The "go get a job" argument is pathetic, being in a band is their job. Anyway, it's exciting news to hear about the October UK tour, even if it is to be expected by now.
05:22 AM on 02/18/13
punkcrap
a stupid fuck with brilliant luck.
User Info.
Nice to see they already got 70% of their goal. BFS is a hard working band and it's definitely ok to start a pledge like this. They could use some help, and sure deserve it way better than that Johnny Craig guy.
05:47 AM on 02/18/13
Coverbydesign
User Info.
I mean at least part of the money you are giving up to fund this project goes to a charity
06:19 AM on 02/18/13
Maiaophilia
my heart beats pacific -
User Info.
Maybe I'm blind but what is their goal amount?

There wasn't a goal listed
06:22 AM on 02/18/13
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
I have not listened to anything new by them in a long time.
06:24 AM on 02/18/13
therookielot
the shape of punk just came
User Info.
There wasn't a goal listed
06:31 AM on 02/18/13
duritzfan13
Order inspires disorder
User Info.
I'm curious what these guys made in radio royalties when they had a radio hit for what seemed like every month in 2003-2006...

But kudos for having some interesting pledge ideas-- reading through them was entertaining.

Bands barely make anything from radio royalties..

And am I the only one that finds it kind of interesting that they're doing this before any songs on the album are even written?
06:35 AM on 02/18/13
Maiaophilia
my heart beats pacific -
User Info.
Bands barely make anything from radio royalties..

And am I the only one that finds it kind of interesting that they're doing this before any songs on the album are even written?

I think they think that no one is going to actually shell out $200k for it.
07:07 AM on 02/18/13
_thisisme*
www.killferelli.com
User Info.
Whats their goal? Don't see it anywhere on there and can't listen to the video right now.
07:19 AM on 02/18/13
botDs-r
www.twitter.com/shawnhyphenray
User Info.
$200,000 and you own the masters. That's an awesome reward, wish I can afford that haha
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums