Username
Password

Comments: Page 4
Displaying posts 45 - 56 of 56
07:47 AM on 02/18/13
Spencer Control
Yeah I still burn from time to time
User Info.
I'm curious to know how much they make overall.
08:35 AM on 02/18/13
the_used_fan
Prince of AbsolutePunk
User Info.
I mean, they didn't even write their biggest song... There guys certainly aren't making the big bucks, it's expensive to self release an album. People seem to think if you have a ixolld

they didnt write 'girl all the bad guys want'?
09:05 AM on 02/18/13
ChaseTx
They did. "1985" is the one they didn't write -- it was written by Mitch Allan from SR-71 (with some lyrics changed for the BFS version). I believe he gave it to them because he felt it was more their style than SR-71's
09:07 AM on 02/18/13
spokenword
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I mean, they didn't even write their biggest song... There guys certainly aren't making the big bucks, it's expensive to self release an album. People seem to think if you have a ixolld
Especially when you're a band their size, that has to get thousands of units produced to anticipate sales, yeah its really expensive to self release a record.
09:08 AM on 02/18/13
spokenword
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Whats their goal? Don't see it anywhere on there and can't listen to the video right now.
I don't think pledge music requires you to list a goal, I was curious about what Saves The Day's was, but couldn't find anything.
12:21 PM on 02/18/13
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

They didn't write 1985.
02:38 PM on 02/18/13
InvaderPhantom
User Info.
1985 wasn't written by them, but Girl All the Bad Guys Want was also co-written by Butch Walker I think.
05:32 PM on 02/18/13
SteveD
It won't snow where she is going.
User Info.
Great band. If I had the money to spend I would help. But I would rather spend any pocket change on a Bemis Song Shop song.
09:06 AM on 02/19/13
the_used_fan
Prince of AbsolutePunk
User Info.
$200,000 to buy the master rights to the album... an interesting idea for a donation. You could (but probably wouldn't) make your money back.

Damn, they are selling off the masters for this!? That's rare - even for a kickstarted/pledgemusic campaign. While $200,000 is high, if you were smart with what you did with it, you could make it back.

isnt 200k cheap for master rights? i mean the music has got to make more than 200k an album?
09:28 AM on 02/19/13
ChaseTx
isnt 200k cheap for master rights? i mean the music has got to make more than 200k an album?
I dunno, this is an independent band that probably isn't going to have a radio single come off this album. They're gonna be limited to the fanbase they already have
12:44 PM on 02/19/13
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

Highly doubt they'd make more than $200k off of this album.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos