AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 3 posts.
08:28 PM on 02/18/13
iamcero26
User Info.
Not at all what I expected. I thought they were going to go for a harder sound more along the lines of ISIS. This isn't bad, but is sounds exactly like something that Team Sleep would put out, you know? And it kinda dragged on at least a minute or two longer than it should have.
10:01 PM on 02/18/13
iamcero26
User Info.
I wouldn't necessarily say that. Sometimes that works sometimes I feel like the band is doing musical masturbation and having a song stretch out for no reason.
I feel like it dragged because, as an ISIS fan, I've heard what they can do to make 6 minutes feel like 3. Sometimes not every band needs to go Volta and have 40 minute epics. A song like this should clock in at around 3:00-3:30. At almost 6 minutes though? It feels like an extended Team Sleep cut, which while not bad, is definitely not what you'd expect from Chino+ISIS.
02:57 AM on 02/19/13
iamcero26
User Info.
I wouldn't want this song to be a second shorter.
Let me be more clear. It's not that the song is 6 minutes long. It's the fact that those six minutes feels longer than six minutes. Six minute songs can pass like a breeze, and it's something the guys from ISIS did well. The majority of their catalog comes in around that length, but it never felt like it was that long. That's why it's odd that this song feels so much longer than it actually is. It still sounds like a Team Sleep B-Side. Doesn't sound like what a lot of people imagined when it came out that Chino would join up with the instrumental core of ISIS. I was expecting much more "Dulcinea", less "Ever (Foreign Flag)".

Hopefully anything else they release sounds more like what they're all capable of.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums