|Hint: Have a band you'd like to see interviewed? Tell us.|
|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
Interview by Vinnie Stigma
1. How did you get your band name?
STIGMA it's been my stage name for over thirty years..
2. How did this band get started?
We started this project almost 8 years ago. Jamey Jasta from Hatebreed thought if would be a fun time to put together a classic album with me singing. It's great cause I get to show my other musical influences through this band. Jamey really made this happen. We just continued to keep the band alive and write another record cause we have so much fun with it.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
So many! Sex Pistols, Ramones, Dead Boys, old school NYHC, George Jones, The Who, Motörhead
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
Social Distortion would be a good tour for us. They're my old friends and the music would appeal to that crowd.
5. Best food to eat on tour?
Well if you're in Italy, pasta, Germany, schnitzel, if you're in Philadelphia, I get a cheesesteak. I like to get the traditional food
that the area is known for. I try to avoid fast food as much as possible. Like Subway and McDonalds. It's garbage!
6. Why should people listen to your band?
If you're into punk rock, hardcore, and just plain old good Rock and roll. This is up your alley. It's gritty, catchy, and diverse. Anyone who loves good underground music can find something they like when you listen to us. We believe in what we do and it shows!
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
Yogi Berra was one of my biggest idols. He's the most decorated athlete ever! 12 World Series rings! A simple man and a team player! Not the greatest player on the team but the Most valuable. A war veteran and a real American hero!
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
If there was any way we could stop illegal downloading. People don't realize how much it's killing the whole industry. It's making it so much harder for us musicians to live off of what we give to them. The gift of music.
10. Memorable tour experience?
I remember back in, I believe 1992. We did a tour in Germany, first time on a tour bus. We were driving to Italy. It was hailing so bad, it shattered the windshield. Marc from MAD Tour booking was driving. We had to kick the windshield out and kept driving out if the hail
storm. I seriously thought we were gonna die! It was insane. But we made it.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
It's a great alternative magazine to find out all about what's going on in the underground music world.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
Right now I would have to say the new song were doing a video for called "Don't Lose Faith" we been playing it out before it has been released. It just feels right! February 26th "FOR LOVE & GLORY" on Durty Mick Records.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Being on the road so much. I never really get a chance to go on vacation. Thats why i enjoy touring. I get to see the world, meet so many amazing new people and enjoy the different foods they get to offer. To me, life is a vacation. In good or bad times.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
I would Definitely have to say mostly Motown and a lot of the NYC do wop.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
Ever since I was a kid, I always wanted to fly. I would just stare at the birds soaring through the air and wish I had the power to do that. It always amazed me.
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
Some of us do push ups, I do the sign of the cross.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
I started out playing the bass. It's my favorite instrument of all. I was way better on bass than I ever will be on guitar or singing
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
I never really listen to radio music. Some of the other guys in the band do. There's a few bands out there I can deal with. But not much. I believe this new record could be played on the radio. I know nowadays they play the Ramones on the classic rock station. I don't see why they would not play us. This record has a good mix of everything..
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
I like to cook, spend time with my son and always involve my self with what's going on in the scene. We do a radio show every Tuesday night
8-10 eastern time, called Black and Blue Takeover. On eastvillageradio.com playing all old and new hard core punk and underground music. Check it out.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
I would have to say cooking. I learned everything from my mother. God rest her soul...
More From This Author
Buy the Music