Username
Password
Exclusive News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Exclusive
Inside AP.net

ABSOLUTExclusive: Seasons Change Song Premiere

Posted by: Christian Wagner (02/19/13)
Pop-punk is a tough genre to be in right now and an even harder one to stand out in, but I think Seasons Change have a good chance to make a name for themselves. Bringing in the west coast sound that bands like The Story So Far and Forever Came Calling have begun to really trademark, this band is going to make a mark in the pop-punk world. Listen to "Not Sorry" on the band's AP.net profile or in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 26
09:27 AM on 02/19/13
Christian Wagner
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Seasons Change - Not Sorry
10:09 AM on 02/19/13
stevieoao
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
REALLY enjoyed that. Reminds me of early Starting Line.. But sped up. Everyone knows music is better when it's played fast ;)
10:12 AM on 02/19/13
fishguts182
Pop Punks For Hugs Not Thugs
User Info.
good stuff
10:21 AM on 02/19/13
GetUpAndrew
The Things We Think We're Missing
User Info.
Diggin' this a lot.
10:29 AM on 02/19/13
MrDelux
User Info.
Not sorry that I listened to it. Good stuff!

See what I did there? /Thread

Edit: Looks like they need some a designer for collateral

Attn Band: If you're looking for a designer hit me up.
10:42 AM on 02/19/13
Griff
It's getting fucking dark.
User Info.
Pleasantly surprised by that.
10:53 AM on 02/19/13
SilenceBrokenTT
Here I am alive...
User Info.
Very refreshing... I haven't listened to any new band in probably half a year. Really liking these guys.

Edit: They're giving away their EP for free... nice.

http://www.mediafire.com/?6m7v98v4166zw84
11:11 AM on 02/19/13
mattregan
www.twitter.com/vipregan
User Info.
Sounds like crap.
11:17 AM on 02/19/13
Buzzpoots
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I am quite confused how bands like this are considered to be "unique" or a "stand out" compared to other pop punk today? I am certainly not trying to start fights, but positing an honest question. In my humble opinion, the pop punk that stands out now was the pop punk that was popular in 1999 and 2000; the true blink 182 sound, self titled NFG, All Killer Sum 41 and The Starting Line SILYMI. I can name maybe 2 or 3 bands that show remnants of those bands, and they are not as well known as some of the bands on this site. It just feels like this kind of "pop punk" is typical to 2013 standards. Just an observation.

CTRL + Q to Enable/Disable GoPhoto.it
11:22 AM on 02/19/13
Big_Guy
Idle Will Kill
User Info.
Another generic band that probably can't play their songs live. They'll break up in the next two years
11:26 AM on 02/19/13
stevieoao
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I am quite confused how bands like this are considered to be "unique" or a "stand out" compared to other pop punk today? I am certainly not trying to start fights, but positing an honest question. In my humble opinion, the pop punk that stands out now was the pop punk that was popular in 1999 and 2000; the true blink 182 sound, self titled NFG, All Killer Sum 41 and The Starting Line SILYMI. I can name maybe 2 or 3 bands that show remnants of those bands, and they are not as well known as some of the bands on this site. It just feels like this kind of "pop punk" is typical to 2013 standards. Just an observation.

CTRL + Q to Enable/Disable GoPhoto.it

I guess it comes down to the quality of the songwriting, the hooks and the melodies. I think the song sounds great, the singer reminds me of Kenny from The Starting Line (bit of throw back). There's are the reasons that song stood out to me, coming from someone who absolutely refuses to jump on the band wagon if every pop-punk band unless they really tickle my balls.
11:39 AM on 02/19/13
pepster50
User Info.
I like this alot. Are they releasing something soon ?
11:52 AM on 02/19/13
daftpunker45
Yeezus season approaching.
User Info.
Grabbed the EP. Pretty good stuff.
12:42 PM on 02/19/13
dorfmac
DORFMAC
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
By the looks of it, this band either just opened up a profile on the website or just had 0 "fans' before, and all of a sudden get a front page mention/recommendation?

How much do you have to pay for something like that?

The music was fine, its just weird to me how all of a sudden the no name band that's going to make a name for themselves in the next few years is all of a sudden an ABSOLUTExclusive...

but hey, if they're working hard and doing their thing, that's what counts.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests