AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interscope Records News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

New Frank Turner Single Soon

Posted by - 10:46 AM on 02/19/13
Frank Turner will release his new single, "Recovery," on March 5th. His upcoming album, Tape Deck Heart, releases on April 23rd. You can read a press release in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 22
10:46 AM on 02/19/13
reid
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
yes, please.
10:47 AM on 02/19/13
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
Album InfoCRITICALLY ACCLAIMED UK SINGER/SONGWRITER FRANK TURNER TO RELEASE NEW SINGLE “RECOVERY” ON MARCH 5. TRACK IS FIRST SINGLE FROM FOLK-PUNK SINGER’S UPCOMING NEW ALBUM TAPE DECK HEART, DUE APRIL 23 FROM XTRA MILE / INTERSCOPE RECORDS.

TURNER TO PERFORM SHOWCASES IN NYC AND L.A., AND AT SXSW IN MARCH

London-based singer-songwriter Frank Turner, who has been steadily building a sizeable fan base in his native U.K. with his signature folk-punk sound, will release a new single, “Recovery” on March 5. The rousing track is the first single from Turner’s upcoming new album, entitled Tape Deck Heart, which will be released by Xtra Mile/Interscope in the U.S. in April. The album will be available for pre-order on March 5.

Turner emerged from Britain’s post-hardcore punk scene in 2001 as the lead singer of Xtra Mile Recordings act Million Dead. Since going solo in 2006, he has transformed from underground hero into a bona fide mainstream success story in the U.K., releasing four full-length albums, including 2011’s England Keep My Bones, which led Spin to write that “Frank Turner gives sincerity a good name” and to describe the album as “an exclamation point in an increasingly brilliant career.” Paste has said, “It’s easy to love British singer-songwriter Frank Turner. As if he weren’t already pulling at our heartstrings with his creative lyrics, rowdy songs and his well-known affinity for beer. But Turner’s live performances take those qualities to a new level.”

Turner’s fiery live shows have enabled him to grow from small clubs to headlining a sold-out gig at London’s Wembley Arena and being hand-picked by Danny Boyle to perform at the Opening Ceremony of the London 2012 Olympic Games. Over the past few years, Turner has sold more than 300,000 albums worldwide, played more than 1,300 shows, performed on the main stage at England’s Reading and Leeds festivals, appeared on Jimmy Kimmel Live! and Conan in the U.S., received ASCAP’s 2012 Vanguard Award and recently covered Alternative Press’ “Most Anticipated Music of 2013” issue.

Turner is now gearing up for the release of Tape Deck Heart, which was produced by Rich Costey (Muse, Interpol), with a series of live shows in the U.S. in March. He will perform showcases in New York and Los Angeles, and then hit SXSW for several shows. Look for Turner to make appearances at the major U.S. music festivals this summer. Please see below for upcoming confirmed dates.

3/02 Northampton, MA Pearl Street
3/03 Clifton Park, NY Upstate Concert Hall
3/04 New York, NY Bowery Ballroom
3/06 Los Angeles, CA The Roxy
3/07 Los Angeles, CA Hotel Café
3/09 Austin, TX SXSW Interactive, AP “Bonus Round Party” @ Palmer Center
3/11 San Antonio, TX White Rabbit
3/12 Corpus Christi, TX House of Rock
3/14 Austin, TX The Liberty
3/15 Denver, CO Lodo’s Bar
3/15 Austin, TX Xtra Mile Night @ Black Heart Stage
3/16 Austin, TX AP “100 Bands You Need to Know” Showcase @ Red 7
3/16 Austin, TX The Third Shift Unofficial Day Party @ Holy Mountain
3/16 Austin, TX Revival Tour @ Cedar Street
10:50 AM on 02/19/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
I am ready!
10:51 AM on 02/19/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
Going to be such a great year for music.
10:54 AM on 02/19/13
Charlesieiy
The night just grew its fangs
User Info.
This man can do no wrong, seriously. Stoked on this. Four Simple Chords is a pretty great song. Not sure this album'll be able to beat England, Keep My Bones though. Suppose it doesn't really matter, new Frank Turner is always going to be something I want.
10:56 AM on 02/19/13
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
Thoughts in Interscope? I feel like that's bigger news than the single.
10:58 AM on 02/19/13
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
Thoughts in Interscope? I feel like that's bigger news than the single.
for real.

i think he will do well on that label, hopefully he sees a rise in popularity similar to how other indie bands have been able to become relevant to larger masses.
10:59 AM on 02/19/13
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
for real.

i think he will do well on that label, hopefully he sees a rise in popularity similar to how other indie bands have been able to become relevant to larger masses.
However, Interscope is notoriously a hip-hop record. That's why blink are no longer there. Seems like an odd choice at surface level
11:14 AM on 02/19/13
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
Excited. Also, can some staff member change the title of my thread to include the title?

http://absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2956762
11:21 AM on 02/19/13
Dre Okorley
@dreudangers
User Info.
The world needs more Frank Turner. All day, everyday.
11:22 AM on 02/19/13
Dre Okorley
@dreudangers
User Info.
Excited. Also, can some staff member change the title of my thread to include the title?

http://absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2956762
The title of the album?
11:24 AM on 02/19/13
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
The title of the album?
Yeah, rather than saying TBA, haha.
11:29 AM on 02/19/13
Dre Okorley
@dreudangers
User Info.