AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview: Everlyn - 02.19.13

Everlyn - 02.19.13

Interviewed by
Everlyn - 02.19.13The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:

Everlyn

http://www.facebook.com/everlynband
http://www.twitter.com/everlynband
http://www.youtube.com/everlynband

1. How did you get your band name?

We were looking for a simple short proper name. Our previous band had a really long and hard to pronounce name and we didn't want to experience that again. We found "Everly" somewhere I can't recall and we decided to put a "N" at the end. That's it. Nothing profound.

2. How did this band get started?

We formed Everlyn after our previous band broke up. We started fresh and with new members on the bass and drums and writing rocker and simpler songs.

3. What bands are you influenced by?

Ufff a lot, since each member of Everlyn listens to totally different kinds of music. From Jimmy Eat World or Saves the Day to Pearl Jam, Muse.

4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?

Present bands: Undoubtedly Jimmy Eat World. Past bands: The Juliana Theory, The Beatles and a lot of bands from the 80's such as White Snake. That really was touring!!

5. Best food to eat on tour?

McRib and Nuggets from McDonalds. With veggie burger for Karol. Also any kind of chips. We adore junk food.

6. Why should people listen to your band?

Cause we rock!

7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?

Any soccer player of Real Madrid. I love soccer.

8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?

I'm pretty sure they would end up kicking us down off the stage, cause we like to be really grateful and always thank a lot of people who deserve it for everything they have to put up with us. Starting from our manager to each and every fan who support us everyday.

9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?

Most of all in Spain: that media and big labels don't support small and different bands anymore. Always the same artists on the radio, TV, with the same crappy music we heard a thousand times. The bigger joke your song is, the bigger fame and money you'll get. There are thousands of bands out there working hard to never get the audience they deserve.

10. Memorable tour experience?

Playing with Blink-182 or touring with Simple Plan. Also our humble german tour living in a van. Totally different experiences but equally awesome for a lot of reasons. Touring is what we like the most. Could spend 360 days per year doing it.

11. What does AP.net mean to you?

Actually we love the web. When you first reviewed our debut EP "Anything But Easy", we were pretty thrilled about it. Been remaining for years as one of the best places to find every piece of info about our kind of music and lots more. Amazing job guys. Really appreciated.

12. What is your favorite song to play?

"Analogies". 5th song of our new record "A Ticket To The Moon".

13. What is your vacation spot of choice?

In Spain, the south. The beach and food there are awesome. Lots of party as well. But I really like to travel too. The summer we all spent in Brooklyn was just incredible.

14. What music reminds you of your childhood?

My brother used to play the first albums by Green Day, Bad Religion, Offspring, NOFX. pretty loud all the time and that's how my music culture started. Also Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Kiss.

15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?

Time traveling. Too many choices and things you can do with that.

16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?

We do all have some sort of football team wave and scream that we always do right before going upstage. It's mandatory. Can't play a show without doing that. Reminds us that we are all together in this, like a family and helps us bring that up with us to our performance. I, personally, need some calm and privacy the minutes before a show. I barely get it, as you can suppose, hehe.

17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?

Don't know if they know it, but we get really excited every time a fan tell us something nice or give us support. It means a lot to us. The idea of knowing you're making someone's life happier with your songs gets me goosebumps every time I think about it. Besides that, they probably don't know that I'm the best FIFA13 player in the world.

18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?

Can't tell much about the state of radio in the US. Although, the time I lived there I noticed way more diversity of music styles than in Spain. You could hear a Jay Z song and the next one could easily be Avenged Sevenfold's new tune. Which is great! Like I said before, here in Spain, that would never happen. Big radio stations only play the same 10 artists all the time. With almost the same kind of music 24/7. But yeah, I think our music is catchy and mainstream enough to be played anywhere.

19. What do you like to do in your spare time?

Hanging out with friends, movies, go to shows, internet, watching soccer...

20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?

I can solve Rubik's cube in less than a minute. Is that pathetic?? Haha, cause i can't think of another talent of mine right now.

Displaying posts 1 - 2 of 2
05:36 AM on 02/20/13
.Ian.
User Info.
:)

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT