Password

07:30 AM on 02/25/13 
User Info.
SeanGather
It's too bad she won't live
Glasgow, Scotland
Male - 29 Years Old

Quote:

Seven of Norway’s finest directors team up for writer/producer Tommy (DEAD SNOW) Wirkola’s Nordic Noir fusion of HOT FUZZ and TWIN PEAKS. MANHUNT’s Patrik Syversen and COLD PREY’s Roar Uthaug are among the talented helmers focusing on the weird adventures of disgraced Sergeant Salamander posted to Hellfjord, a small town where family restaurants double as strip clubs, the average age is 67 and the sun never, ever goes down.

I caught the whole first season of this at the Glasgow FrightFest at the weekend and it blew me away. Totally indebted to Twin Peaks, The League of Gentlemen and the Coen Bros. this is one of the weirdest, funniest TV shows I've seen in such a long time. It's just one season so far, 7 episodes - while it gets bizarre and dark, it's structured as an oddball crime drama (the lead character is called Nesbit Salmander, but it's no spoof or parody) with small moments of supernatural weirdness peppered throughout, although apparently Season 2 will go full Evil Dead II. It's due a DVD release later in the year hopefully, and when it hits, make sure you check it out.
07:34 AM on 02/25/13 
User Info.
a speedo model
an enthusiast
Chicago, IL
Male - 27 Years Old
Love Wirkola and Uthaug, need to check this out.
07:40 AM on 02/25/13 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Your mouth to God's south.
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 23 Years Old
My god, this seems fucking amazing.
08:10 AM on 02/25/13 
User Info.
SeanGather
Glasgow, Scotland
Male - 29 Years Old
My god, this seems fucking amazing.

Dude, it really, really is. I was lucky enough to hang out with Patrik Syversen and Stig Henriksen for a while afterwards and they're both such great guys, Patrik in particular (who was showrunner in the beginning). Just guys like us who are passionate and dedicated and obsessive about the things they love, and that comes across in the show. It's got a really lovely beating heart at the centre of it too, in that off-kilter Northern European kind of way.
08:18 AM on 02/25/13 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 23 Years Old
Dude, it really, really is. I was lucky enough to hang out with Patrik Syversen and Stig Henriksen for a while afterwards and they're both such great guys, Patrik in particular (who was showrunner in the beginning). Just guys like us who are passionate and dedicated and obsessive about the things they love, and that comes across in the show. It's got a really lovely beating heart at the centre of it too, in that off-kilter Northern European kind of way.
Very excited to watch it. My tracker has the first episode available, but that's it. Do you know if the rest has aired already?
08:36 AM on 02/25/13 
User Info.
SeanGather
Glasgow, Scotland
Male - 29 Years Old
Very excited to watch it. My tracker has the first episode available, but that's it. Do you know if the rest has aired already?

The whole thing has definitely aired on Norwegian TV, and there is a blu-ray out there with English subs (£50 for an import on Amazon apparently).
09:34 AM on 02/28/13 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 23 Years Old
The whole thing has definitely aired on Norwegian TV, and there is a blu-ray out there with English subs (£50 for an import on Amazon apparently).
Someone just upped the entire season. Getting it now! Stoked.
09:37 AM on 02/28/13 
User Info.
a speedo model
an enthusiast
Chicago, IL
Male - 27 Years Old
Someone just upped the entire season. Getting it now! Stoked.
I'd love directions.
09:39 AM on 02/28/13 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 23 Years Old
Ah, man, I wish I could help, but it's on my private TV tracker. Not sure if it's available on any other torrent sites.
09:41 AM on 02/28/13 
User Info.
Mitch
this is water
Jamaica Plain, MA
Male - 25 Years Old
This really does sound amazing.
09:47 AM on 02/28/13 
User Info.
a speedo model
an enthusiast
Chicago, IL
Male - 27 Years Old
Ah, man, I wish I could help, but it's on my private TV tracker. Not sure if it's available on any other torrent sites.
Checked mine and saw it there. Thanks anyway.
02:24 PM on 02/28/13 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 23 Years Old
Checked mine and saw it there. Thanks anyway.
English subs are available here, if they didn't come with your file.
02:28 PM on 02/28/13 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 23 Years Old
Holy shit, that opening scene is so funny.
02:40 PM on 02/28/13 
User Info.
Wake Up
█▓▒░░
Portland, OR
Male - 21 Years Old
Would I like this?
06:29 PM on 02/28/13 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 23 Years Old
The first episode of this was good. Not great, but definitely good. The town seems intriguing enough, and I definitely get the Twin Peaks feel from it, but the guy that picked Salmander up at the airport was almost too weird, and it didn't seem like there was any real point to it. It bordered on gross-out humor a bit too much.

The reporter will obviously play into things, though, and she seems like an interesting character from what we've seen. The ending was cool, too, obviously something wild is going on here. This has a lot of potential to get much better.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos