AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Radio News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Gunz Talks With John D (Skate & Surf Festival)

Posted by - 01:23 PM on 02/25/13
On last night's edition of The Gunz Show, Gunz talked with John D. of the Skate & Surf Festival, in which he discusses Bamboozle, Midtown, and more.
Every year I try to convince Midtown. In my perfect world this yearís headliners would have been Fall Out Boy and Midtown. Iím going to get them Ė I think it will be next year or 2015. Every year I go after them first and then Jay-Z, and as soon as they say no I know that itís a normal year. Midtown know when the right time will be. It has to be a mutual thing.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 18
01:59 PM on 02/25/13
kskillzz
User Info.
Best interview out of the three from this week. It's a real shame to see bamboozle fold, hopefully skate and surf will be a good replacement.
02:23 PM on 02/25/13
Stephin_DC
Registered Member
User Info.
Is Midtown even that big of a draw?
I feel like at best they were TEN, Starting Line level
02:31 PM on 02/25/13
hiya
User Info.
This took me forever to type up. Really great interview though if you have the 30 minutes to spare and listen.
03:18 PM on 02/25/13
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen over 700 bands!
User Info.
I feel with each passing year they become more and more unknown with this scene. Sure, people know Gabe and Cobra Starship but Midtown is more of a name rather than their musical impact of the then pop punk world.
03:22 PM on 02/25/13
esposimi
0118 999 881 99 9119 7253
User Info.
So the truth comes out. So glad I was able to go to Bamboozle the last true year that it was successful (2011). Didn't realize it was that bad. Gotta give John D some respect.
03:59 PM on 02/25/13
cococrisp20
3Hunna
User Info.
Yeah I think they should've tried to get Senses Fail, I think they'd draw better anyway.
05:06 PM on 02/25/13
MikeYabs
We are the only friends we have
User Info.
I think Midtown would draw about as much as The Movielife did a couple years back at bamboozle.
05:24 PM on 02/25/13
The Gunz Show
twitter.com/thegunzshow
User Info.
the interviews got a lot more than just Midtown. it's really, really in depth. i urge you all to listen if you can :)

- Gunz
05:42 PM on 02/25/13
RiCCioLi
Midtown Saves.
User Info.
But why/ who says no is what I want to know? And as big as a Midtown fanboy I am, they def can't headline skate and surf. These 16 years olds these days don't even know who they really are. And is Cobra even relevant anymore? I havent heard that name in a couple years. I think the longer they wait, the worse the turnout would be. Granted I would go and only for that 40 minute set. I for one hope they do a reunion show NOT at skate and surf
05:55 PM on 02/25/13
hiya
User Info.
But why/ who says no is what I want to know? And as big as a Midtown fanboy I am, they def can't headline skate and surf. These 16 years olds these days don't even know who they really are. And is Cobra even relevant anymore? I havent heard that name in a couple years. I think the longer they wait, the worse the turnout would be. Granted I would go and only for that 40 minute set. I for one hope they do a reunion show NOT at skate and surf

Yea also not mentioned here is John D. Said that their window of opportunity to reunite will be gone in another year or two because by that point people won't care anymore.
06:01 PM on 02/25/13
Jim Morgan
You Are The Moon.
User Info.
A few months ago, I ran into Heath from Midtown, who told me they have never once been asked to reunite for Skate and Surf/Bamboozle.
07:13 PM on 02/25/13
berniemac1234
User Info.
A few months ago, I ran into Heath from Midtown, who told me they have never once been asked to reunite for Skate and Surf/Bamboozle.
Interesting. I'm assuming it was passed by CRUSH (Management for Gabe) and then it stopped there.
08:46 PM on 02/25/13
sweetfootaction
Cake-eater
User Info.
Let Midtown stay dead. Nobody wants to see Gabe's ego perform.
09:29 PM on 02/25/13
chokeychicken
A long time ago..
User Info.
i love midtown to death and probably want to see them reunite more than any other band this side of the smiths, but I would *NOT* go see them in an environment like this, where a bunch of Cobra Starship fans are gawking and Fall Out Boy fans are wondering who the fuck they are. It'll be the same as when Lifetime 'reunited' at Bamboozle and Taking Back Sunday fans were groaning while they played. I wanted to lean in and say "you know Adam has a Lifetime tattoo on his elbow and they wouldn't exist without this band, right?"

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos