Username
Password

06:39 AM on 02/26/13 
User Info.
Portugal4142
@BrandonMir
Pa
Male - 28 Years Old
I'll be finishing my Master's degree in about 3 weeks, Spring will be Springing, and for some reason (despite buying it the week it came out) I just got into Good Old War's Come Back as Rain. Just didn't click immediately I suppose.. Anyway, this is why I want to take a mini road trip in the coming weeks and I'm looking for suggestions.

So, where should I go? Few things to keep in mind.. I'll be going solo, I don't really want to drive more than 12-14 hours (I'm leaving from northeastern Pa, and since I'm too stubborn to acknowledge that I have anxiety and get it treated, I have anxiety.. so huge cities would probably confine me to my hotel room (ex. New York City).

Any cool places I should check out? If anyone has any ideas or suggestions they would be much appreciated. Not really looking to do anything in particular, just looking for an excuse to go somewhere.
07:47 AM on 02/26/13 
User Info.
drat!
How much cheese is too much cheese?
PA
Male - 28 Years Old
I went to Albany, NY for a wedding pretty recently and that was an awesome city. I wish I was there longer than one night. I don't know what part of NEPA you're from but I'm from the Reading/Allentown area and it was only a 4-5 hour drive. And if you've never been to the Outer Banks I would suggest that too. Longer drive but a great place.
08:10 AM on 02/26/13 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 31 Years Old
Cannabis Cup 4/20 in Denver (YEAH!) Colorado
08:34 AM on 02/26/13 
User Info.
Portugal4142
@BrandonMir
Pa
Male - 28 Years Old
I went to Albany, NY for a wedding pretty recently and that was an awesome city. I wish I was there longer than one night. I don't know what part of NEPA you're from but I'm from the Reading/Allentown area and it was only a 4-5 hour drive. And if you've never been to the Outer Banks I would suggest that too. Longer drive but a great place.

I'll definitely look into Albany, thanks for the suggestion. I'm from Wilkes-Barre/Scranton area, so distance-wise that'd be perfect. And outer banks is great, been there a few times, always a good time.
08:34 AM on 02/26/13 
User Info.
Portugal4142
@BrandonMir
Pa
Male - 28 Years Old
Cannabis Cup 4/20 in Denver (YEAH!) Colorado

Bit too far for me... sounds like a blast though.
08:38 AM on 02/26/13 
User Info.
drat!
PA
Male - 28 Years Old
I'll definitely look into Albany, thanks for the suggestion. I'm from Wilkes-Barre/Scranton area, so distance-wise that'd be perfect. And outer banks is great, been there a few times, always a good time.

You going to parade day in Scranton?
08:45 AM on 02/26/13 
User Info.
Portugal4142
@BrandonMir
Pa
Male - 28 Years Old
You going to parade day in Scranton?

I may actually end up going this year.. I've only gone once, it's a shit show. Have you ever gone?
08:54 AM on 02/26/13 
User Info.
drat!
PA
Male - 28 Years Old
I may actually end up going this year.. I've only gone once, it's a shit show. Have you ever gone?

I've been the past two years. My gf and her friend know the owner of Whiskey Dick's so they get the VIP treatment. She gets really excited about parade day so I end up going too. I haven't been to Mulligans yet so that will be cool to see. And yeah, people get sloppy on parade day.
09:02 AM on 02/26/13 
User Info.
Maiaophilia
my heart beats pacific -
JAPAAAAAN.
Female - 23 Years Old
Chicago. Chicago Road trips are always the best. But if you have anxiety issues, idk- Go to Canada. It's another country and in a way its like Europe but everyone speaks English.
09:09 AM on 02/26/13 
User Info.
MedicineFrmRain
With Aching Looks & Breaking Hearts
Upstate New York
Female - 27 Years Old
Cape May NJ. IDK what it would be like in the spring in the summer its is awesome, but it has a bunch of cool little B&B's. Its a sleepy little coastal town across the bay from delaware.
09:13 AM on 02/26/13 
User Info.
MedicineFrmRain
With Aching Looks & Breaking Hearts
Upstate New York
Female - 27 Years Old
also mytrle beach is great to visit. the temp in march is around 70 degrees too!
09:31 AM on 02/26/13 
User Info.
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
L’Amérique du Nord
Male - 26 Years Old
I'll be finishing my Master's degree in about 3 weeks, Spring will be Springing, and for some reason (despite buying it the week it came out) I just got into Good Old War's Come Back as Rain. Just didn't click immediately I suppose.. Anyway, this is why I want to take a mini road trip in the coming weeks and I'm looking for suggestions.

So, where should I go? Few things to keep in mind.. I'll be going solo, I don't really want to drive more than 12-14 hours (I'm leaving from northeastern Pa, and since I'm too stubborn to acknowledge that I have anxiety and get it treated, I have anxiety.. so huge cities would probably confine me to my hotel room (ex. New York City).

Any cool places I should check out? If anyone has any ideas or suggestions they would be much appreciated. Not really looking to do anything in particular, just looking for an excuse to go somewhere.

Personally, I would go to Montreal (biggest city in Quebec) or Ottawa (capital of Canada). Both of these top my favorite places in North America.
09:34 AM on 02/26/13 
User Info.
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
L’Amérique du Nord
Male - 26 Years Old
Chicago. Chicago Road trips are always the best. But if you have anxiety issues, idk- Go to Canada. It's another country and in a way its like Europe but everyone speaks English.

Not everyone speaks English Quebec is French speaking, New Brunswick is bilingual and in general francophones are here and there throughout the country. But yeah, knowing English will get you through most the country.
09:40 AM on 02/26/13 
User Info.
Maiaophilia
my heart beats pacific -
JAPAAAAAN.
Female - 23 Years Old
Not everyone speaks English Quebec is French speaking, New Brunswick is bilingual and in general francophones are here and there throughout the country. But yeah, knowing English will get you through most the country.

09:41 AM on 02/26/13 
User Info.
Portugal4142
@BrandonMir
Pa
Male - 28 Years Old
I've been the past two years. My gf and her friend know the owner of Whiskey Dick's so they get the VIP treatment. She gets really excited about parade day so I end up going too. I haven't been to Mulligans yet so that will be cool to see. And yeah, people get sloppy on parade day.

That's awesome. Mulligans is a good time, tons of TV's, good atmosphere.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos