Username
Password
AP.net Related News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 34 of 34.
08:59 PM on 02/26/13
xJesusFreakx
duh please
User Info.
"MLK" is my favorite U2 closer, especially for how it just functions perfectly as a fade from The Unforgettable Fire into The Joshua Tree. Almost like they could have been two parts of a double album.

I do love "MLK" for that same reason, but "40" beats it out for me, partly because of how it works perfectly with "Sunday Bloody Sunday" to give the album a real wholeness and partly because I love the lyrics lifted from Psalm 40. The chorus is also a perfect set closer.
09:09 PM on 02/26/13
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
Yeah, I've heard Zooropa is pretty similar to Achtung Baby (didn't they even include it in the Achtung re-release box?) so I'm excited to give that one a proper listen.

Yep, they included it with the re-release, and I'm pretty sure those songs showed up a bit in the documentary they packaged with it. Let me know what you think.

I do love "MLK" for that same reason, but "40" beats it out for me, partly because of how it works perfectly with "Sunday Bloody Sunday" to give the album a real wholeness and partly because I love the lyrics lifted from Psalm 40. The chorus is also a perfect set closer.

Can't argue with any of that. Kind of pissed that the one 360 tour appearance of that song didn't show up on U22.
09:52 PM on 02/26/13
ibelieveinjake
i have a headache
User Info.
I saw them live on the 360 tour in the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff and they were one of the most professional live bands I've ever seen. Really tight, in control of the crowd and just knew exactly how to play a stadium show.
So much of that tour can definitely be attributed to Clair Global...the sound system design/management for that tour was out of this world. Amazingly seamless.

War's a cool record. Probably my favorite behind Joshua Tree. Steve Lillywhite is one of my favorite producers, just because of his mindset and approach to his work/the industry.
09:51 PM on 03/05/13
Nuns On A Bus
Let's burn the hills of Beverly!
User Info.
This isn't an album I know particularly well, but still an album I enjoy. My favourites are probably the more well-known songs, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Two Hearts Beat as One or New Years Day. I've always respected U2, but I've never been able to truly get into them properly. I love a lot of the bands they influenced, and they've got a dozen or so songs that I love, but for whatever reason, they're one of a few 'classic' artists who I don't really listen to much.

I saw them live on the 360 tour in the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff and they were one of the most professional live bands I've ever seen. Really tight, in control of the crowd and just knew exactly how to play a stadium show.

Also;

Laughed at that video.

Didn't realize I'd been missing all of these, but safe to say that this album is fantastic. I prefer a few of their other albums (Achtung Baby in particular) over this one, but Sunday Bloody Sunday and New Year's Day are simply two of the best songs ever written. This is the album where Bono really came into his own vocally as well, in my opinion. Definitely technically accomplished!
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests