AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
The Gaslight Anthem News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 50.
03:36 PM on 02/26/13
lilRIPsta
User Info.
"“I’ve got my half pipe,” because he’s about 45. Yeah, I don’t think so. That doesn’t work. You know what, though? If that was the original lyric, I wouldn’t have been mad. I would’ve been like, “All right, maybe he’s just really cool and likes skating. That’s cool. I can dig it.”

Holy LOL
03:58 PM on 02/26/13
hectorial85
Saved The Day
User Info.
Riff always reminds me of The Living End's "Table Top Show" -- but I don't like Weezer to begin with.
I know you're a big TLE fan so props for that comparison.

I'm a big =w= and I've always heard (and preferred) if he is singing "ass wipe" because to me, it is clearly about a male prostitute "these players come to get me 'cause they like my behind" and "men that don't bother with the taste of the teat". Love it.

I'm a big weezer fan but if I had to draw a "cut off line" between albums for them I'd have picked Raditude (but there was a definitely downward slide from Green onwards).

I'm kinda upset because he picked a weezer song when there are so many other terrible songs by so many bands whom are more deserving of ridicule. Then again, kudos to him because it is a ballsy, honest and personal choice, as I would expect from BF.
04:00 PM on 02/26/13
suicidalmoose
Lindsay let me kiss your forehead!
User Info.
"Because why would a human being go on record that will live in infamy forever and say, “I’ve got my ass wide?”

ahahah
04:35 PM on 02/26/13
dmcaloon
www.facebook.com/The30thOfFebruary
User Info.
Haha wow. I don't ever really judge songs on the criteria that he does/did, but I'm glad that he at least explained it so I can understand. Because as far as the music goes, Hash Pipe is a killer song. Hell, all Weezer songs are.
05:37 PM on 02/26/13
Star Slight
User Info.
pretty bad interview and he doesn't understand what "Beverly Hills" is about. There's about 25 other Weezer songs that are easily much worse than Hash Pipe
06:30 PM on 02/26/13
Amongster
Still On The Sand
User Info.
At least he appreciates "Slob". Maladroit is a severely underrated album.
09:49 PM on 02/26/13
fna4
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Pinkerton aside, Weezer are tremendously overrated to begin with.
08:56 AM on 02/27/13
TomAce
Still Listens To Limbeck
User Info.
What are you smoking? Brian consistently has some of the most sensible, level headed views in the whole industry. There are a few cases where he gets a little pissed off and starts trolling/fucking around (see the comments he made on the Replacements a few years back) but in general he's almost always has a level-headed be-excellent-to-each-other kind of opinion that you'd have to be an asshole to disagree with. (Not to mention his comments on Laura Grace or the fact that his music recommendations are almost always perfect)
woah...easy there super fan. I havent traced everything he's ever said. ive just never read anything i agree about.

and to answer your question, this magical non narcotic plant i am inhaling on is called marijuana, and will make you a better person.
08:59 AM on 02/27/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
eat a bag of diseased dicks you twat
What is wrong with you? Someone disagrees and you make the most immature post i've seen on here? (which is saying a lot)
09:01 AM on 02/27/13
TomAce
Still Listens To Limbeck
User Info.
Pinkerton aside, Weezer are tremendously overrated to begin with.
for real, they haven't even gone that down hill.
09:02 AM on 02/27/13
deanster321
BLEGH
User Info.
I get the logic of what he's saying, about them going between extremes of writing really great songs and downright awful ones, but for me at least they have plenty that illustrate that point better

Also Blue is about a million times better than Pinkerton
09:02 AM on 02/27/13
TomAce
Still Listens To Limbeck
User Info.
What is wrong with you? Someone disagrees and you make the most immature post i've seen on here? (which is saying a lot)
haha go away, it was a joke.

stop quoting everything i say also. it's getting a bit stalkerish, and you keep saying stupid shit that i dont want to ever read, and will never care about.

i'm not here to impress you, or make you feel comfortable. i don't even want you to like me.

it was seriously a matter of seconds after i posted that, that you replied. you're fucking scary.
09:11 AM on 02/27/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
haha go away, it was a joke.

stop quoting everything i say also. it's getting a bit stalkerish, and you keep saying stupid shit that i dont want to ever read, and will never care about.

i'm not here to impress you, or make you feel comfortable. i don't even want you to like me.

it was seriously a matter of seconds after i posted that, that you replied. you're fucking scary.
Ok, crazy person, whatever you say.

I'm gonna go block you now o.o
09:16 AM on 02/27/13
TomAce
Still Listens To Limbeck
User Info.
Ok, crazy person, whatever you say.

I'm gonna go block you now o.o
please do.

god damn, getting shit talked by a t.swift fan.

dude, I'm a grown ass man. I will never take you seriously. get outta here with that shit. quit listening to all those songs in a row about breaking up with people, it's making you all emotional and stupid
09:23 AM on 02/27/13
esposimi
H.E. Pennypacker
User Info.
One of my personal favorite Weezer songs.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums