Username
Password
Streaming News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Streaming
Inside AP.net

New Song from...The Replacements

Posted by: Chris Collum (02/26/13)
Here are some words I never thought I'd type: You can stream a new song from The Replacements here. Their Songs for Slim EP of covers (to help pay medical bills for ex-band mate Slim Dunlap) comes out digitally on March 5th.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 34
07:03 PM on 02/26/13
Chris Collum
User Info.
Getting all emotional and stuff
07:14 PM on 02/26/13
Amongster
Still On The Sand
User Info.
Is this the band formed by Weezer's old bassist or the band that did the Friends theme?
07:20 PM on 02/26/13
Chris Collum
User Info.
Is this the band formed by Weezer's old bassist or the band that did the Friends theme?

Please tell me you're kidding
07:22 PM on 02/26/13
kcpunk
Aaron - my username is dumb
User Info.
Suuuper good.
07:23 PM on 02/26/13
Amongster
Still On The Sand
User Info.

Please tell me you're kidding

At first I thought this band that did the King of the Hill theme before remembering that's The Refreshments.
07:26 PM on 02/26/13
Chris Collum
User Info.
At first I thought this band that did the King of the Hill theme before remembering that's The Refreshments.
The Replacements are an 80s punk/indie band that you should familiarize yourself with ASAP if you like any of the music this site covers.

07:35 PM on 02/26/13
Amongster
Still On The Sand
User Info.
The Replacements are an 80s punk/indie band that you should familiarize yourself with ASAP if you like any of the music this site covers.

Solid tune. Nothing I would put on my iPod, but it's a fun jam.

Honestly, I just have difficulty connecting to most stuff released before I was born. The only pre-1990's music I have in my collection is Bad Religion, Beatles, and Wings' Band On The Run.
07:35 PM on 02/26/13
Chris Collum
User Info.

Honestly, I just have difficulty connecting to most stuff released before I was born. The only pre-1990's music I have in my collection is Bad Religion, Beatles, and Wings' Band On The Run.
You should start checking out the My Back Pages feature and do something about that
07:38 PM on 02/26/13
Amongster
Still On The Sand
User Info.
You should start checking out the My Back Pages feature and do something about that
I'll give it a shot. Thanks, man.
07:55 PM on 02/26/13
mka12992
Is this darkness in you too?
User Info.

Fucking go listen to Unsatisfied dude. Shit's fantastic.

I, myself, do indeed need to listen to more of their material, but I do love what I know. This is really good, and I hope they stick around and make some new original tunes... Though probably not likely.
07:56 PM on 02/26/13
Chris Collum
User Info.
Fucking go listen to Unsatisfied dude. Shit's fantastic.

I, myself, do indeed need to listen to more of their material, but I do love what I know. This is really good, and I hope they stick around and make some new original tunes... Though probably not likely.
What aren't you familiar with of their music? I could gladly help point you in the right direction
08:00 PM on 02/26/13
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
i am shocked that the second post wasn't a joke
08:03 PM on 02/26/13
mka12992
Is this darkness in you too?
User Info.
What aren't you familiar with of their music? I could gladly help point you in the right direction
I actually have all of their stuff downloaded on my iPod. I've just been working my way to it. haha. I think I started listening to Let It Be, but got interrupted and didn't make it too far. :\

But I first heard them watching Adventureland, near the end when Unsatisfied came on I was immediately infatuated with it... Then I bought the Touche Amore/Casket Lottery split last month and heard Touche's cover which reminded me how much I fucking love the song. So I just immediately downloaded everything I could.

I think I'm gonna just play through an album right now while I have Spotify up... What one should I start with?
08:04 PM on 02/26/13
Chris Collum
User Info.
I actually have all of their stuff downloaded on my iPod. I've just been working my way to it. haha. I think I started listening to Let It Be, but got interrupted and didn't make it too far. :\

But I first heard them watching Adventureland, near the end when Unsatisfied came on I was immediately infatuated with it... Then I bought the Touche Amore/Casket Lottery split last month and heard Touche's cover which reminded me how much I fucking love the song. So I just immediately downloaded everything I could.

I think I'm gonna just play through an album right now while I have Spotify up... What one should I start with?
Tim is my favorite thing they've done, but if you haven't heard all of Let It Be make sure to listen to that one too. Also Pleased to Meet Me and then Hootenanny are musts as well.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests