AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Anberlin News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Anberlin Release New Video

Posted by - 10:11 AM on 02/27/13
Anberlin's video for "Unstable" can be viewed in the replies. In addition, you can also view the band's upcoming tour dates.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 45
10:12 AM on 02/27/13
Jonathan Bautts
User Info.

(New York, NY – February 27, 2013) – Florida rockers Anberlin have unveiled their latest music video “Unstable” with a premier on Vevo. The video is the first video from the band’s latest Republic Records release, Vital. Jonathan Desbiens, known for his work with Zedd, Cypress Hill and the upcoming Michael Jackson Cirque Du Soleil, directed the video. “Unstable” also marks the first time in the band’s career that they have not been featured in one of their videos. The video was originally intended to be for the band’s first single “Someone Anyone,” but the concept soon changed. Nate Young, drummer for Anberlin elaborates, “We originally were going to make a video for ‘Someone Anyone.’ As time went on, we decided that it wasn't the song to make a piece of art to. As we started to make the video, all roads led to ‘Unstable.’ Something clicked, it felt right on every level. Everyone who is involved in this video is so proud of the journey we all took in making this video together.”

Anberlin are currently out on their latest headline tour in support of their latest album. The Tour De
Vital kicked off February 17th in Orlando, Florida and will run through March 23rd. The tour will be
making stops in various markets along the way including Atlanta, Dallas, West Hollywood and New
York to name a few. A spring leg of the tour has been added and will kick off on April 11 th with select
US dates before heading to Canada for a run that will include Toronto, Winnipeg, and Calgary before
wrapping up in Vancouver.

Anberlin’s sixth studio album, Vital, showcases the band’s growth over their almost eleven years of
existence. The album was released on October 16, 2012 via Republic Records and debuted at #16
on the Billboard 200. Vital was well received among fans and critics alike with AbsolutePunk raving
“Vital is the best record in Anberlin’s 10 year career, bar none.”

With the success of their 2008 major label debut, New Surrender released through Universal
Republic, Anberlin carved their place in music. The album spawned the band’s first ever #1
Alternative single “Feel Good Drag” and led to subsequent performances on Jimmy Kimmel Live
and the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson amongst others. The band have been mainstays on
the road touring with the likes of Switchfoot, The Academy Is, 30 Second To Mars and most recently
Smashing Pumpkins.

Anberlin is Stephen Christian (vocals), Joseph Milligan (guitar), Deon Rexroat (bass), Nathan Young
(drums), and Christian McAlhaney (guitar).

Tour DatesFeb27 | Santa Ana, CA | The Observatory
Feb28 | San Francisco, CA | The Fillmore
Mar01 | Portland, OR | Hawthorne Theatre (early show)
Mar01 | Portland, OR | Hawthorne Theatre (late show)
Mar03 | Seattle, WA | Showbox Market
Mar04 | Spokane, WA | Knitting Factory
Mar05 | Missoula, MT | The Wilma Theatre
Mar08 | Curitiba, Brazil | Music Hall
Mar09 | Sao Paulo, Brazil | Carioca Club
Mar10 | Sao Paulo, Brazil | Carioca Club
Mar12 | Denver, CO | Gothic Theatre
Mar14 | Chicago, IL | Bottom Lounge
Mar15 | Detroit, MI | St. Andrew's Hall
Mar16 | Cleveland, OH | House of Blues
Mar17 | Rochester, NY | Water Street Music Hall
Mar19 | Boston, MA | Paradise
Mar20 | New York, NY | Irving Plaza
Mar22 | Philadelphia, PA | Trocadero
Mar23 | Silver Spring, MD | The Fillmore
Apr11 | Lancaster, PA | Chameleon Club
Apr12 | Poughkeepsie, NY | The Chance
Apr15 | Quebec City, QC | Le Cercle
Apr16 | Montreal, QC | Corona Theatre
Apr18 | Toronto, ON | Opera House
Apr19 | London, ON | London Music Hall
Apr20 | Lansing, MI | The Loft
Apr22 | Milwaukee, WI | Turner Hall Ballroom
Apr23 | Minneapolis, MN | Mill City Nights
Apr24 | Winnipeg, MB | The Garrick
Apr25 | Saskatoon, SK | Odeon Events Centre
Apr26 | Calgary, AB | MacEwan Ballroom
Apr27 | Edmonton, AB | Starlite Room
Apr29 | Vancouver, BC | Venue
10:15 AM on 02/27/13
iseejosh
Registered Member
User Info.
I feel like 'Someone Anyone' would've done better for them. Good video though.
10:18 AM on 02/27/13
brandonisstupid
User Info.
Wait..what?? They made a video for a song that didn't even make the final cut of their record? That's so odd. I thought they were making a video for Someone Anyone.

Also Jonathan, you don't have any idea of when they'll announce dates for the spring leg? First news I've heard about that.
10:20 AM on 02/27/13
blindrider529
***NICKEL CREEK*** <--GO LISTEN NOW
User Info.
Would've rather had a video for Someone, Anyone...but this is cool.
10:25 AM on 02/27/13
emerson1892
COWABUNGA
User Info.
A few things, as a fan of theirs, the video and song are kind of disappointing. There are much better songs on Vital, Little Tyrants would be a fantastic new single and I'm sure they could make a great video for it. On the upside, I'm glad to see the label wasn't pushy on making them go with what they (UR) wanted, so that's good. Although this seems to follow the most accessible song first, fan song next, ballad song cycle of releases.
10:27 AM on 02/27/13
cowlord
( \_(ツ)_/)
User Info.
Music video for a b side...hmm...
10:30 AM on 02/27/13
RockVocalPower
Ups and Downsizing
User Info.
Wait..what?? They made a video for a song that didn't even make the final cut of their record? That's so odd. I thought they were making a video for Someone Anyone.

Also Jonathan, you don't have any idea of when they'll announce dates for the spring leg? First news I've heard about that.
10:31 AM on 02/27/13
Andy43110
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Bought the physical CD, so didn't know this song existed. Like both it and the video, but ya, a lot of other songs from Vital could've been a much better investment for a music video.
10:32 AM on 02/27/13
brandonisstupid
User Info.
Thanks, bro. Literally just saw this on Anberlin's facebook.
10:46 AM on 02/27/13
Portugal4142
@BrandonMir
User Info.
A few things, as a fan of theirs, the video and song are kind of disappointing. There are much better songs on Vital, Little Tyrants would be a fantastic new single and I'm sure they could make a great video for it. On the upside, I'm glad to see the label wasn't pushy on making them go with what they (UR) wanted, so that's good. Although this seems to follow the most accessible song first, fan song next, ballad song cycle of releases.

Bingo
10:52 AM on 02/27/13
dash64
This Is My Design
User Info.
Cool video. And I was pleasantly surprised that they picked Unstable.
10:56 AM on 02/27/13
bobsheiskawy
www.facebook.com/misewell
User Info.

"The video was originally intended to be for the band’s first single “Someone Anyone,” but the concept soon changed. Nate Young, drummer for Anberlin elaborates, “We originally were going to make a video for ‘Someone Anyone.’ As time went on, we decided that it wasn't the song to make a piece of art to. As we started to make the video, all roads led to ‘Unstable.’ Something clicked, it felt right on every level.""
11:00 AM on 02/27/13
thisisalchemy
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
so stoked they chose this song. favorite song from Vital's collection of tunes.
11:00 AM on 02/27/13
im_FINK
Registered Member
User Info.
Had never heard this song until now. I think it's incredible. Really a shame that it wasn't on the record.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos