AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

07:35 PM on 02/27/13 
User Info.
skylightavenue
No Avatar Selected
My band skylight avenue just released our first ep and we hope to do a music video of the 2nd song; Father, Father. You can listen to it here:

http://skylightavenue.bandcamp.com/

Looking for any cool ideas and feedback on what would be cool in a music video for this song. Or if you think another song on our ep is more suited. Let us know! Thanks!
12:10 PM on 02/28/13 
User Info.
punkermd
Male - 38 Years Old
Wow, this song is great guys, really like it.

The opening chords make me feel like it should start out with a shot moving through city streets. The narrative would follow two characters, an adult (father) who is down on his luck (possibly homeless) in and out of bars, getting turned down for jobs, sleeping in cars/parks maybe? The second character would be a young boy staring out the window of his suburban home, reminiscing of about memories of his father (possibly showing footage of home moves of the two of them).

Not sure how you would end it, maybe the father comes home and it ends with the boy opening the door and his father is standing there. Another twist way to approach it could be the young boy is watching other kids and thier dads playing in his neighborhood and he was so young when his dad left he doesnt remember him but he longs for that bond. He ends up seeing a homeless man on the street and giving him money and it turns out to be his dad but they don't make the connection.

Just my two cents :). Good luck, love the EP!
guido
12:12 PM on 02/28/13 
User Info.
Treze13
Emo Afficionado
London, UK
Male - 21 Years Old
Cool as hell track, I don't have any advice for the music video really, but I will be checking out the rest of the EP as soon as it downloads.
12:58 PM on 02/28/13 
User Info.
skylightavenue
No Avatar Selected
Wow, this song is great guys, really like it.

The opening chords make me feel like it should start out with a shot moving through city streets. The narrative would follow two characters, an adult (father) who is down on his luck (possibly homeless) in and out of bars, getting turned down for jobs, sleeping in cars/parks maybe? The second character would be a young boy staring out the window of his suburban home, reminiscing of about memories of his father (possibly showing footage of home moves of the two of them).

Not sure how you would end it, maybe the father
comes home and it ends with the boy opening the door and his father is standing there. Another twist way to approach it could be the young boy is watching other kids and thier dads playing in his neighborhood and he was so young when his dad left he doesnt remember him but he longs for that bond. He ends up seeing a homeless man on the street and giving him money and it turns out to be his dad but they don't make the connection.

Just my two cents :). Good luck, love the EP!
guido

Love the idea you had! Really cool! We were thinking of something simpler. Maybe just a shot over a young guys shoulder as he is writing a letter. Cut in would be footage of us playing the song. Still something along the lines of what you suggested would be rad! Glad you like the EP!
01:03 PM on 02/28/13 
User Info.
mbarney82
Male - 21 Years Old
scenic shots of band playing on a mountain top. quality ep. good job
01:11 PM on 02/28/13 
User Info.
skylightavenue
No Avatar Selected
scenic shots of band playing on a mountain top. quality ep. good job

We were thinking kind of along the same lines for any band shots. Thanks for the feedback, glad you liked the EP.
01:46 PM on 02/28/13 
User Info.
mattplayscheap
plays with squirrels
New Hyde Park, NY
Male - 27 Years Old
dont do too much.
Ive learned that lesson. make it as natural as possible.
02:05 PM on 02/28/13 
User Info.
skylightavenue
No Avatar Selected
dont do too much.
Ive learned that lesson. make it as natural as possible.

Thanks! Will do.
02:25 PM on 02/28/13 
User Info.
Treze13
Emo Afficionado
London, UK
Male - 21 Years Old
Love the idea you had! Really cool! We were thinking of something simpler. Maybe just a shot over a young guys shoulder as he is writing a letter. Cut in would be footage of us playing the song. Still something along the lines of what you suggested would be rad! Glad you like the EP!

Really like the idea of the letter thing. In terms of tone, take a look at this video, it conveys a really good narrative. You might draw some inspiration from it maybe?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsaamq0E964
10:44 PM on 02/28/13 
User Info.
skylightavenue
No Avatar Selected
I dig the feel of this video, thanks for all the feedback :)

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos