Password

09:25 AM on 03/01/13 
User Info.
Chris Collum
Louisville, KY
Male - 22 Years Old
Staff Member
Hahaha yeah it's so ridiculous

It made me laugh then it made me really fucking mad. Almost pulled a Snake Snenkins and pitched my laptop as I recall
09:50 AM on 03/01/13 
User Info.
mbarney82
Male - 21 Years Old
Stick To Your Guns, Sick Of It All

My avatar is diamond. Haha i love styg. Ill check out sick of it all
09:55 AM on 03/01/13 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 31 Years Old
My avatar is diamond. Haha i love styg. Ill check out sick of it all

Stupid me. I didn't even look at your avatar when I posted that rec.

Sick Of It All is a classic hardcore/punk band. STYG has more of a "metal" tinge to it than SOIA, but you should still check them out. They've been around for close to 30 years but they still tour (in fact they're on tour with Suicidal Tendencies in the next few months) and they still kick ass.
10:31 AM on 03/01/13 
User Info.
Every Time I Ty
Daaaaaaaarryl
Ontario
Male - 22 Years Old
Too Tall Grizzly
Poison The Well's last full lenghts
Memphis May Fire's first EP/first full lenght
A Static Lullaby (Rattlesnake album)
Maylene And The Sons Of Disaster's first full lenghts
From the first 10 seconds I could tell me and Too Tall Grizzly were destined for love. Kinda on the fence with Memphis May Fire, the vocals kinda bug me but the riffs are dirty so I'll give them a fair chance. Wasn't aware Static Lullaby was capable of this, Rattlesnake is awesome. Already love everything PTW has done, and Maylenes 2 is one of my favorites. It took a while but I learned to love III as well.
Maylene, Fight Paris, The Showdown, A Girl A Gun A Ghost, Twelve Gauge Valentine
Already love Fight Paris to death and was never that big on Tweleve Gauge. Showdown isn't bad but not quite my cup of tea for the same reasons I'm not into Maylenes latest. A Girl A Gun A Ghost is pretty sick though, definitely getting their album, thanks a lot for that dude!

I'm surprised you guys didn't suggest The Holly Springs Disaster, if you don't know them go listen to them right fucking now! Thanks for the replies guys.
Also these are dudes from my hometown and fit in with said genre, you should check'em https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOyOBuOyDLg
10:35 AM on 03/01/13 
User Info.
mbarney82
Male - 21 Years Old
Stupid me. I didn't even look at your avatar when I posted that rec.

Sick Of It All is a classic hardcore/punk band. STYG has more of a "metal" tinge to it than SOIA, but you should still check them out. They've been around for close to 30 years but they still tour (in fact they're on tour with Suicidal Tendencies in the next few months) and they still kick ass.

mhmm i dont know what i havent heard of them before. i do enjoy suicidal tendencies. thanks!
10:55 AM on 03/01/13 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 31 Years Old
mhmm i dont know what i havent heard of them before. i do enjoy suicidal tendencies. thanks!

No problem... enjoy. They have a pretty good size discography but I suggest SOIA's album "Built To Last"
12:53 PM on 03/01/13 
User Info.
the_mango
I'm very familiar with all of those bands, except Becoming The Archetype. I've listened to them before but I should probably give them a deeper look. Thanks.

I listen to tons of music, so I've probably heard most of the bands that people would suggest. I've just been listening to ABR a lot lately and it seems like they have a slightly different edge than most other bands in the genre. They're just a little more technical and seem to have that "umph" that's lacking in a lot of other bands.
Agreed. Out of those, As I Lay Dying is my go-to. An Ocean Between Us and Awakened are both great albums. For Becoming the Archetype, I'd say Dichotomy is their best work. Cheers!
01:47 PM on 03/01/13 
User Info.
Treze13
Emo Afficionado
London, UK
Male - 21 Years Old
Stick To Your Guns, Sick Of It All

Check out Stray From The Path if you haven't already
02:14 PM on 03/01/13 
User Info.
Every Time I Ty
Daaaaaaaarryl
Ontario
Male - 22 Years Old
im looking for more hardcore stuff like comeback kid, the ghost inside, close your eyes etc
Check out For the Fallen Dreams first album it's very similar to TGI. This Is Hell, Cancer Bats and Title Fight might be up your alley if you havn't given them a try.
02:38 PM on 03/01/13 
User Info.
_veges_
Cool idea for a thread. I've been listening to a lot of more experimental hip-hop lately like Danny Brown and El-P so if someone has recommendations for rappers like them that would be awesome
02:50 PM on 03/01/13 
User Info.
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
L’Amérique du Nord
Male - 26 Years Old
Decent enough thread idea.

Set Your Goals is the only other band I can think of right now that's big on harmonizing two lead vocalists. Check em out if you havn't already.

Can anyone recommend me a good hard rock/metalcore band like He Is Legend or Every Time I Die, maybe with that southern vibe.

The Hotness, Dead And Divine come to mind, obviously The Chariot has that vibe sometimes.
02:51 PM on 03/01/13 
User Info.
WeltallAY
L’Amérique du Nord
Male - 26 Years Old
im looking for more hardcore stuff like comeback kid, the ghost inside, close your eyes etc

Heart In Hand

Seasons In Wreckage

Please let me know what you think, I know many more.
02:55 PM on 03/01/13 
User Info.
Treze13
Emo Afficionado
London, UK
Male - 21 Years Old

Seasons In Wreckage

Please let me know what you think, I know many more.

Haha, holy crap I was just about to recommend you Heart In Hand in the other thread! Check out their singer's over band Try Me/Love Me too!
02:56 PM on 03/01/13 
User Info.
WeltallAY
L’Amérique du Nord
Male - 26 Years Old
I'm always interested in bands of the ambient/post hardcore realm like SECRET AND WHISPER, old Closure In Moscow, City Escape etc. Anyone know any similar?

In general, I am a sucker for post hardcore bands with exceptionally melodic vocalists like Built On Secrets or S&W again, so again interested in similar bands.
02:57 PM on 03/01/13 
User Info.
WeltallAY
L’Amérique du Nord
Male - 26 Years Old
Haha, holy crap I was just about to recommend you Heart In Hand in the other thread! Check out their singer's over band Try Me/Love Me too!

Looks like you are one with great taste! I've heard of them, was considering importing it

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos