AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 2 posts
11:01 PM on 03/02/13
MykeJonesJr
User Info.
I have really been into these guys for a bit. I really enjoy their sound. I have been anticipating this for a while.

A few months ago they posted this video of a bunch of them singing Soco Amaretto Lime and it baffled me. A band with such passion to their sound and they found a way to take a huge group of guys and completely sucked out any bit of passion the original song had. And unfortunately for them, I'm a huge Brand New fan and that song has its spot with me.

I heard one of the tracks off this upcoming album and I'm most likely going to end up picking this up out of sheer hope haha.

Anyway, stoked to see what they've done.
07:28 AM on 03/03/13
MykeJonesJr
User Info.
to be fair, the "rules" for those sessions is that each band has to do an original along with a cover, so they just decided to do a joint cover with I Kill Giants, who they were on the road with. it was thrown together pretty quickly, since both bands were touring and didn't have a ton of time, and they chose "Soco" because everyone knew it. I do understand that it wasn't the best cover, but it was just a bunch of guys having fun.

You've got a point. But they didn't need all those people to sing two vocal parts. I just really thought of all the bands to cover that song, those guys would have come up with something..."old gray-ish." And half of the guys looked BEYOND bored.

I'd still love to hear them do a studio version with some of their flare in it.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos